Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 05:00 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I wonder how the "I like naturally beautifully women and hate women wearing makeup" crowed would feel if we went natural and stopped shaving/waxing our legs and armpits. That's natural, too. By their logic, it ought to make us even more beautiful.

Disclaimer: I know there are a fair amount of women out there who choose to not shave/wax. More power to 'em. It's a personal choice.
Yes. Not shaving is just a logical extension of the whole arguments upthread! Very good point.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I wonder how the "I like naturally beautifully women and hate women wearing makeup" crowed would feel if we went natural and stopped shaving/waxing our legs and armpits. That's natural, too. By their logic, it ought to make us even more beautiful.

Disclaimer: I know there are a fair amount of women out there who choose to not shave/wax. More power to 'em. It's a personal choice.
Yes! Going completely natural with unshaven legs and armpits is a logical extension of so many arguments upthread. We could all never cut our hair too! Or pluck our eyebrows! Or file our fingernails! We'd save so much time, and we'd be totally natural.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDODSON View Post
Makeup is nothing more than a mask. In the morning you see a completely different person. You dont see men walking around with Brad Pitt mask's, and attempting to pass it off as their natural appearance. Halloween is over, and Winter is coming.
I knew a woman who looked very elegant in her office attire and makeup, with hair done up. Her husband was convinced he was married to a great beauty. She said he'd never seen her without her makeup. She'd always get up in the morning before him, and would apply her makeup right away and do her hair. I saw her once without her makeup and her hair down, and I'm not exaggerating, it was frightening, a real shock! A completely different person.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:31 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
Why do you assume women care what you think about what they do with their own bodies? Newsflash--they don't. Women dress and put on makeup for themselves first and foremost. It's a form of self-expression.

Stop thinking it's all about you.
Because women do care what others think of their looks that's why they're putting on the makeup. Last I check I don't see any women staring at themselves in the mirror all day long.

Yes, makeup is a form of self expression and a disguise.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:06 PM

453 posts, read 632,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaBrown View Post
I am totally agree with you. Lip gloss is good enough for daily use, but occasionally make-up is must. Daily make-up leads to wrinkles and aging signs very early.
Not at all. I've worn makeup almost daily since I was in high school. I'm almost fifty, and people still mistake me for being in my late thirties on a regular basis.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Earlier I speculated that Texas is a strong state for makeup sales. I did a search on per capita cosmetics sales and sure enough I found an article about the extremely high makeup sales in Dallas. The article said Dallas beats New York and Los Angeles in per capita sales hands down. I am surprised about L.A because I would expect it to be a good makeup market (and it probably is, just not compared to Dallas). The article also said that Dallas is fascinated with exterior beauty. Sounds like my kind of town as I'm a fan of women with the artificial look.

No one in the world will agree with me but I love to see women apply makeup while they are driving. It looks so sexy and feminine. It makes me proud to be an American too. In Saudi Arabia women can't drive or wear makeup. So when a woman puts on makeup behind the wheel she looks so liberated and independent..She's Ms Anti-Saudi Arabia. I know I know...you all hate this because it's dangerous not to pay attention to the road. Yes it is but it's not as bad as texting and driving.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:48 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
In Saudi Arabia women can't ...wear makeup.
Where'd you get that from? Saudi women DO wear make up--and plenty of it.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:55 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just can't understand why women can't just go natural and not put anything on their faces. Men do not like women with clown looking faces. Just a lip gloss is good enough. This has to be a major insecurity that almost all women have to put something on before they go out.

Because some women NEED make up. And I mean need as in to so they can go from hideous to ugly.

Guys don't have that luxury. Women get to see us in all of our hideous glory.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 PM

701 posts, read 1,691,910 times
Who are these people who have others asking them if they're "okay" or "sick"? I wear, if anything, only the occasional concealer to cover a particularly red zit. I'm in my 30s, and I've never worn makeup other than concealer every once in a while. I can't imagine anyone, family or otherwise, asking me if I was unwell because I was unmade up, and I'd be very cold to anyone who attempted to be so unnecessarily personal as to ask about my appearance.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 PM

453 posts, read 632,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Earlier I speculated that Texas is a strong state for makeup sales. I did a search on per capita cosmetics sales and sure enough I found an article about the extremely high makeup sales in Dallas. The article said Dallas beats New York and Los Angeles in per capita sales hands down. I am surprised about L.A because I would expect it to be a good makeup market (and it probably is, just not compared to Dallas). The article also said that Dallas is fascinated with exterior beauty. Sounds like my kind of town as I'm a fan of women with the artificial look.

No one in the world will agree with me but I love to see women apply makeup while they are driving. It looks so sexy and feminine. It makes me proud to be an American too. In Saudi Arabia women can't drive or wear makeup. So when a woman puts on makeup behind the wheel she looks so liberated and independent..She's Ms Anti-Saudi Arabia. I know I know...you all hate this because it's dangerous not to pay attention to the road. Yes it is but it's not as bad as texting and driving.
I bet even natural-born (non-internet) trolls are embarrassed by this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty