Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:17 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I agree with this. Young girls have always skirted the edge, and nightclub attire has always been nightclub attire. What I see different these days is a complete loss of the concept of appropriateness--wearing clothing in an office environment that is more appropriate for the nightclub.

I don't believe for a second that women don't know what looks "sexy" because when they intend to look sexually attractive, they know what to wear...so women know that wearing the same thing at work is sexually attractive.
Quick tounge twister :

It's not about what you wear but when and where you wear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 06:55 AM

732 posts, read 968,329 times
I don't particularly care what women or anyone wears (I guess partly because I'm asexual), but I find it crazy when some local women who wear those super-short & tight jorts and super-short leather or pvc mini skirts w/ boots out to the clubs complain about the men who mistake them for prostitutes when they and the prostitutes dress the same way here where I live.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:41 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I'm not sure if it's more on display. Its definitely in a whole lot more places, though. I am bombarded with half-naked women when I turn on tv or my laptop (facebook/instagram, etc), go out in public (I am shocked at what they wear to grocery shop in) to the pool to the gym, etc. Have you seen magazine covers lately? It used to be that I'd only see half-naked women at, say, the pool or the beach or a bar. Now they're everywhere.

Also, the fake boobs add a whole new level of putting it all out there. I know I'm going to take a lot of flak for saying this, but generally speaking, if you're very thin, you don't have big boobs so not a whole lot to show even if you're in a skimpy binkini. Now, I know maybe 3 women off the top of my head who have NOT had boob jobs. So now you have thin women with unnaturally large breasts strutting around. Yeah, that's gonna get your attention.
and please tell me what the problem is???????????

Old 07-26-2015, 08:41 AM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGen SFan View Post
I don't particularly care what women or anyone wears (I guess partly because I'm asexual), but I find it crazy when some local women who wear those super-short & tight jorts and super-short leather or pvc mini skirts w/ boots out to the clubs complain about the men who mistake them for prostitutes when they and the prostitutes dress the same way here where I live.
Chris Rock tells a joke about that. Briefly, if he were to walk around wearing a police uniform, he would not be surprised if someone runs up to him calling for help to stop a crime in progress. In the same way, if a woman wears a "prostitute's uniform," she might not be a prostitute, but she should not be surprised if someone mistakes her for one.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody1 View Post
I think males can go shirtless because females are not visual like males. Males have always been visual and females know that. That is why there are magazines with pictures and videos and bars with nearly nude girls. It's unrealistic for a female to wear what any of those girls wear and not expect males to think sex when they see her. Basically, their eyes are connected to another private part. Many males have said how hard it is not to look or to think something sexual when skimpily clad females walk by them. Us females know what guys like and if we don't want to have them look at something we should cover it up. If we don't want them thinking something sexual, cover it up. I liken it to me being on a diet & everyone walking around eating ice cream, pizza, brownies, etc. in my face & me not being allowed to having any. That would be torture for me and mean on their part. I asked a girl if I wore a habit if she would think I was a nun. Of course she said yes. So I said if a girl is wearing what the girls in the magazines, videos, or in the bar is wearing, what am I supposed to think. And I think maybe SOME guys think that to. They are visual and sexual. And females know that. We should try to help them be nice guys. And they should try to help us be ladies by telling us what guys really think & do when they see us showing naked private parts. Go to a sex addict meeting. You might be surprised what males from all walks of life think & do when all they see is a female scantily dressed or in tight, or revealing clothes. It's like a flesh and blood magazine out there. And we know what they do with those magazines. They don't turn off feelings/thinking just because the female in the street isn't in a magazine getting paid. In a perfect world, like the Garden of Eden, BEFORE the fruit was eaten, we could go naked. Once sin entered......Not a coincidence the first thing they thought was, "Gee, we're naked and that's wrong". They knew it and at least tried to cover up. Their apron of fig leaves wasn't enough, so God shed the first blood and killed animals to make them COATS. I doubt the less than fig leaf aprons of today would please Him. He said not to tempt your fellow man and cause him to stumble. And if a man lusts he has already commited adultery. He also said the tempter is worse than the temtee, because the tempter KNOWS what they are doing.
Females are quite visual.

Where this legend sprung up that states otherwise, I do not know.

Trust me. We think the guy who looks like a male model while mowing the grass shirtless is indeed beautiful to behold, while the guy whose beer gut has enough gravitational pull to suck in small satellites to orbit it makes us look away.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:48 AM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Trust me. We think the guy who looks like a male model while mowing the grass shirtless is indeed beautiful to behold, while the guy whose beer gut has enough gravitational pull to suck in small satellites to orbit it makes us look away.
I think that is more a matter of aesthetic appreciation, though ("...indeed beautiful to behold"), and not quite the same thing as males experience. However, I don't intend to portray the issue as though it were a Berlin Wall that nobody can cross. There are always outliers.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:53 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No bottoms?! Yeah that is something people would notice.
Athletic underwear and a sports bra. She looks GREAT, and I'm thinking is some kind of fitness model. But you can do better that attire yourself like that in a city setting. Huge turnoff.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:55 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody1 View Post
I think males can go shirtless because females are not visual like males. Males have always been visual and females know that. That is why there are magazines with pictures and videos and bars with nearly nude girls. It's unrealistic for a female to wear what any of those girls wear and not expect males to think sex when they see her. Basically, their eyes are connected to another private part. Many males have said how hard it is not to look or to think something sexual when skimpily clad females walk by them. Us females know what guys like and if we don't want to have them look at something we should cover it up. If we don't want them thinking something sexual, cover it up. I liken it to me being on a diet & everyone walking around eating ice cream, pizza, brownies, etc. in my face & me not being allowed to having any. That would be torture for me and mean on their part. I asked a girl if I wore a habit if she would think I was a nun. Of course she said yes. So I said if a girl is wearing what the girls in the magazines, videos, or in the bar is wearing, what am I supposed to think. And I think maybe SOME guys think that to. They are visual and sexual. And females know that. We should try to help them be nice guys. And they should try to help us be ladies by telling us what guys really think & do when they see us showing naked private parts. Go to a sex addict meeting. You might be surprised what males from all walks of life think & do when all they see is a female scantily dressed or in tight, or revealing clothes. It's like a flesh and blood magazine out there. And we know what they do with those magazines. They don't turn off feelings/thinking just because the female in the street isn't in a magazine getting paid. In a perfect world, like the Garden of Eden, BEFORE the fruit was eaten, we could go naked. Once sin entered......Not a coincidence the first thing they thought was, "Gee, we're naked and that's wrong". They knew it and at least tried to cover up. Their apron of fig leaves wasn't enough, so God shed the first blood and killed animals to make them COATS. I doubt the less than fig leaf aprons of today would please Him. He said not to tempt your fellow man and cause him to stumble. And if a man lusts he has already commited adultery. He also said the tempter is worse than the temtee, because the tempter KNOWS what they are doing.
Men think about sex whenever they see someone they are attracted too. They are welcome to their thoughts.

Oh, please give me a break...the temptor is worse than the tempted.

Women already have to cover their breasts for no good reason. Men walk around topless all the time for no reason, and women are shamed for feeing their babies. (Which is the only true reason to walk around topless for either gender.)

You could make the argument that God made breasts to feed babies, not to be mooned over by lustful men.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

I know, right. Women also think about "lustful" thoughts and enjoy some eye candy. Men just aren't shamed for showing off their bodies. (Which many, many do. Be thankful for shirtless joggers in tiny shorts...)

Old 07-26-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I think that is more a matter of aesthetic appreciation, though ("...indeed beautiful to behold"), and not quite the same thing as males experience. However, I don't intend to portray the issue as though it were a Berlin Wall that nobody can cross. There are always outliers.
So glad you know what women think. Are you cross gender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty