Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2015, 10:43 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,379,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodoven View Post
I can't recall such a visual barrage in previous decades, especially the yoga pants aka leggings trend. It seems less and less is left to the imagination on the streets, combined with more narcissism.

Is this noticeable to most men, or am I just getting older and finding younger women less accessible, hence getting distracted in a different way? I'm 50+, for reference.
Remember the brief "chiffon" look in 1995? It made it to downtown and then was pulled; ladies **** hairs were sticking outside their panties under outside neglige clothing. My buddys lady boss sent home a crowd of Asian ladies way, way too old to not figure this one out in the workforce. Fashion starts in the big cities but as Vaudeville showman used to say: "But will it play in Passiac, New Jersey or Iowa?"

What's wierd for me (I'm your age) is that on one hand government in industrial nations (except maybe France!) has all this vague harassment legislation going onto the books where the complainant runs the show, but at the same time Miley Cyrus keeps sticking her bum in the camera (along with others in the hood) and we're left as hapless citizens to figure this out. along with our daughters and grand-daughters.

Maybe that's why at least Katy Perry is showing that you don't have to do that IF YOU HAVE TALENT. Or PINK, or....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 10:46 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
The girls only get indignant if it's the wrong guy or its harassment. Just like guys get irritated if the wrong woman approaches them or harasses them. (Yes, I have seen that happen to women) most women just are more subtle than men are when looking at an attractive person.

When a woman oversteps the bounds of propriety and the male is not attracted to her, the response would be similar to the above mentioned scenario.

Will there be a few women who freak out over innocent lingering looks, sure. There are outliers of both genders. There are also men who would freak out and tell a woman she is fat and ugly if she sidles up to him at a bar. It's not the norm, but it happens. (Yes, I have comforted a friend who was shamed that way.)
Ditto. An appreciative glance is incredibly flattering. Heck, even a whistle is relatively innocuous. Catcalls and sexual gestures... not so much. Keep it classy and respectful, and when in doubt keep a pair of shades on so you can ogle to your heart's content.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:18 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,433 times
When I expose my ample sexy breasts I want people looking

Old 07-26-2015, 11:24 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,433 times
It is also quite personal....the picture I have in my profile here a person on another horse forum claimed was horrible and exposing far to much. She stated she needed to wash her eyes out with bleach after seeing my picture.... I don't see it that way and thought that was a bit much

Old 07-26-2015, 11:52 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Ditto. An appreciative glance is incredibly flattering. Heck, even a whistle is relatively innocuous. Catcalls and sexual gestures... not so much. Keep it classy and respectful, and when in doubt keep a pair of shades on so you can ogle to your heart's content.
Yay . I always wear shades.

I would never approach women down here. They carry guns, and I do not. Don't want to die so early.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:59 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Athletic underwear and a sports bra. She looks GREAT, and I'm thinking is some kind of fitness model. But you can do better that attire yourself like that in a city setting. Huge turnoff.
I have no clue what you are trying to say, but women wearing a sports bra while exercising is not something that should be shocking. I live near a large park and see women in sports bras all the time, especially when it's hot out.

The men are all running around shirtless, so why should women have to be completely covered up while sweating in the hot summer sun? We want to be comfortable too.

But since it is such a turn off to you, the good news is no one is forcing you to date the girl. Or even look at her.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I have no clue what you are trying to say, but women wearing a sports bra while exercising is not something that should be shocking. I live near a large park and see women in sports bras all the time, especially when it's hot out.

The men are all running around shirtless, so why should women have to be completely covered up while sweating in the hot summer sun? We want to be comfortable too.

But since it is such a turn off to you, the good news is no one is forcing you to date the girl. Or even look at her.
This on the streets, not at the park. Anyways, I'm glad I was not shot dead.

I don't talk to women until they talk to me.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Yes I agree and yet boy do the ladies get indignant if a man looks a bit too long. World is a full of mixed messages and especially in the USA.
Didn't your mother ever teach you that staring isn't polite?

Old 07-26-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
This on the streets, not at the park. Anyways, I'm glad I was not shot dead.
Yeah, people run on the streets....

Why would you have been shot dead?

Old 07-26-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah, people run on the streets....

Why would you have been shot dead?
What if she considers me as a threat and brings a gun the next day. I'm fried chicken.

I no longer line near those parts of the city anyways. Now, I'm right next to the Amtrak station and its heaven on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty