Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 09:16 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times

Advertisements

My motto is "if you got it, flaunt it!" And I do.

I wear what I like, as we all should be able to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 09:31 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,078 times
Yes I agree and yet boy do the ladies get indignant if a man looks a bit too long. World is a full of mixed messages and especially in the USA.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:39 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,078 times
Default too much skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
People care when woman show care but not men.
They can show their nipples if they like.
Not sure if I understood your post but honestly if your talking about mens nipples I never considered those as a turn on at any time of my life. Lets face it modesty out the door with both sexes. Especially when you have all the tats,muscles, piercings and fake tans to show off.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:49 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Yes I agree and yet boy do the ladies get indignant if a man looks a bit too long. World is a full of mixed messages and especially in the USA.
The girls only get indignant if it's the wrong guy or its harassment. Just like guys get irritated if the wrong woman approaches them or harasses them. (Yes, I have seen that happen to women) most women just are more subtle than men are when looking at an attractive person.

When a woman oversteps the bounds of propriety and the male is not attracted to her, the response would be similar to the above mentioned scenario.

Will there be a few women who freak out over innocent lingering looks, sure. There are outliers of both genders. There are also men who would freak out and tell a woman she is fat and ugly if she sidles up to him at a bar. It's not the norm, but it happens. (Yes, I have comforted a friend who was shamed that way.)

Old 07-26-2015, 09:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I know, right. Women also think about "lustful" thoughts and enjoy some eye candy. Men just aren't shamed for showing off their bodies. (Which many, many do. Be thankful for shirtless joggers in tiny shorts...)
I'd drink to that, but it's still early.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:17 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times
Moved to Las Vegas last year. Dress "codes" consist of a very thin sheet of paper with little writing on it. Sometimes it's appreciated. Most of the time makes one gag. I have come to the conclusion that the majority here (men and women) either don't own a mirror or don't understand how they function.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:19 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
guilty.
sorry.
never again,

Old 07-26-2015, 10:19 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,789,749 times
I plan to wear a dress today. But I also plan to tuck the back of my dress into my underpants so I don't get embarrassed when the wind blows it up. I'm thinking ahead. I sure hope it doesn't cause the general public to go into a lustful frenzy. It's so hard being a lady.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:26 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
I don't care.
I either look away, or laugh (quietly), or say WOW (either in appreciation or disgust).
What kind of weirdo goes out in public wearing lounging pajamas? Those are the ones which give me the best laughs.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:27 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Not sure if I understood your post but honestly if your talking about mens nipples I never considered those as a turn on at any time of my life. Lets face it modesty out the door with both sexes. Especially when you have all the tats,muscles, piercings and fake tans to show off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This ^^^. When I was in Air Force, we had a female officer who said that after the run when the men took off their shirts she said "Until we can all take off our shirts to cool down, put your shirts back on." And, I agree and this was in 1975. No progress there.

I have seen women sexually harassed in every shape, size and color plus the shallow rating of 1 to 10. Will we ever get past "Well, she was asking for it." in my life time?

Seriously, if you aren't looking for it, you won't even notice. Just look away if it bothers you. I see all these really old guys at the grocery store looking to flirt with anyone that will look their way. Seriously grandpa......... Now, I remember the mini skirts when I was in high school and, ah, they could really reveal and turn more than a couple of heads. What about those tight sweaters I see on girls in the 50's like my mother wore?
If Sommie , walks around without a shirt . I would be public shame and probably arrested . If my boyfriend does it, no problems what so ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty