Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 08:44 AM

807 posts, read 1,032,848 times

Advertisements

Women are vying for attention, especially women that don't have anything to offer with brains or personality, their only game is their body.

Funny thing is, most men know this and will use those women for what they are worth, only their bodies. The irony is then women get mad for being objectified. Ha. What do you expect when you flaunt your boobs and camel toe. You don't see many men wearing pants so tight you can see the outline of their package.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 08:49 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
No Adi, that would be sweet.

You can look, say hi, or just blush. it's all fine. Women don't get upset by that.

A very very select few might, but that's more about their issues that yours. I've only known one girl like that, and she was like that because she was abused and had been an underage stripper. She did it to show dominance. 99.5% of women don't mind appreciation.
I think Id dominate in a better way than stripping..

Old 07-27-2015, 09:14 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,972,661 times
I think it goes very much without saying that people should be able to walk around in anything that's within public decency laws and be free from harassment or worse. That said, you have to wonder what some people are thinking. I don't really understand going around in leggings or yoga pants sans a tunic or other long top; it just creates this weird "pants-less" look that's often revealing without looking especially good. Worse, one has to wonder if some people ever glance in the mirror before they go out with all see-it-from-a-mile-way pantylines and 'toes going on. It's pretty hard to look appropriate anywhere outside of the gym wearing nothing but leggings, without a log top, but that doesn't stop a lot of women from trying.

Sometimes you need to ask the question "am I wearing pants?"

Am I Wearing Pants? An Important Style Flowchart (PICTURE)

Old 07-27-2015, 09:36 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times
I have two pairs of black Reebok yoga pants from a couple of years ago that I absolutely love. They are thick enough that that they do not display anything untoward. I think they're the most comfortable pants ever, and I wear them all winter long with a long-sleeved t-shirt. Believe me, as a middle-aged women whose best body years are at least a decade behind her, if those yoga pants were immodest, I've have long been rid of them by now.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:52 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,933,539 times
Regarding yoga pants and leggings: I think the problem with them is that many of them are too thin. I mean, if you can see the color of underwear through the material, that's a bit much.

Also, I don't know why so many women wear the yoga pants or leggings so tight that it looks like they're being cut in half--in a bad way.

I think that biggest issue I have with women who show too much is that it distracts from a woman's real worth: her intelligence and heart. I mean, if you want to do out showing boobs and butt; go ahead. But at least do it with the understanding of what you're going to attract and why.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:55 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,622,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yeah, not getting what's skimpy about leggings. Do they have the butt cheeks cut out or something?
Have the people on C-D seriously not seen women walking around in skin-tight leggings the thickness of unlined panty hose with no underwear on? Not WITH a skirt or shorts, or even a long shirt, but worn as the entire covering below the waist? They don't look good, regardless of the physical condition of the wearer.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:01 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Have the people on C-D seriously not seen women walking around in skin-tight leggings the thickness of unlined panty hose with no underwear on? Not WITH a skirt or shorts, or even a long shirt, but worn as the entire covering below the waist? They don't look good, regardless of the physical condition of the wearer.
The only place I've seen anything like that was yesterday at Ren Fest. In real day-to-day life, I have not.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:27 AM

16,575 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodoven View Post
I can't recall such a visual barrage in previous decades, especially the yoga pants aka leggings trend. It seems less and less is left to the imagination on the streets, combined with more narcissism.

Is this noticeable to most men, or am I just getting older and finding younger women less accessible, hence getting distracted in a different way? I'm 50+, for reference.
I like the way you put it, "flaunting their wares".

I guess it depends on one perspective, but there is no doubt we have become of society of casual dressers.
Other than professionals, most men and women dress like slobs in causal every day circumstances. That of course plays into what is now becoming more acceptable regarding revealing clothing. I am younger than you, and not a woman, but I recall a time where women never allowed their bra straps to be seen. Now it is not uncommon to see women running around with tank tops that show the straps on their shoulders.
Needless to say that is not flaunting their "goodies", but it is just one of many examples of how they were apparently never taught how to dress in public.
Another aspect which plays into proper upbringing/manners/decency is how some women sit in short skirts with their legs open. Correct me if I am wrong, but a lady should have her legs crossed so as to not have people see in her skirt when she is sitting.

I just thought of something else. Ever notice the size of women's heels now days?
If you were to go back to the 90's, those spike heels were only being worn by strippers. Now days, many professional women dressed well, have spiked heels that are 4+ inches tall.
I have not been to a strip bar in ages, but wonder what the strippers now wear, maybe 8 inch spikes?

Lastly, your threads theme reminds me of an old sci-fi movie called "The Time Machine". It has a few scenes to where the time traveler observes with amusement and curiosity how women's fashion was becoming more risque.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVlr24zD_KQ

Looking at those dresses hem lines now, seems like we are very far removed from a better time when less was more.

`

Old 07-27-2015, 11:26 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,449,955 times
Yeah I think it's different now versus the past. Some people are even wear short shorts where you can see butt cheeks and things like that.

There is not too much stigma anymore I guess.

I've also seen a big trend of people actually wanting and being open about wanting 'friends with benefits' situations rather than 'serious long term relationships'.

You also hear a lot about how so many people are easily hooking up on Tinder,etc.

People are posting nude photos on Instagram,etc.

Popular young celebrities doing stuff like this
Kylie Jenner, 17, causes uproar with lewd shirt | Page Six

People tend to follow or feel forced to follow the media trend..If you don't do what the celebrities are doing you aren't
"cool".

Old 07-27-2015, 12:10 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,820 times
Default jammies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I don't care.
I either look away, or laugh (quietly), or say WOW (either in appreciation or disgust).
What kind of weirdo goes out in public wearing lounging pajamas? Those are the ones which give me the best laughs.
In my city women not men do the jammie thing with Crocks!!! Grocery store, and to the polls on election day. Told my grandson and he asked to go with me. He was dumbfounded and to make it worse they were dirty PJs, dirty bed head hair and of course stoggy hanging out of the mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty