Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 08:03 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Well, then, I don't think men should wear t-shirts or shirts with the sleeves rolled up, because a man's strong, masculine forearms can cause a reaction in me. That's NOT sarcasm; I'm being serious. And when a well-built man wears clothes that reveal how fit he is (he could be wearing a nicely tailored suit), well, gosh, it doesn't take much to contemplate what the whole package would look like (again, total seriousness). Therefore, men shouldn't wear anything that shows any kind of an outline of their bodies.

More than a year ago, I saw an incredible- looking man out running. Bare chested, wearing running shorts. I remember him very well still, so that should be an indication of how good-looking he was. In fact, I'm not likely to ever forget him. .

Anyway, I'm not afraid to admit that he created quite a response in me, and, going by the reactions of other women around, he did in others, too. I say, then, that he had no business going out dressed like that when he looks like that. He should cover himself up, even on stickin' hot, humid summer days. He and other men should remember that a woman has womanliness, so they should not wear anthing that raises the excitement.
I would love to have such power on women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 10:03 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,542,767 times
leggings and hot pants have been coming back strong for the past few years. it seems like i can't go a day in public without seeing some woman wearing one.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:04 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
I concede that skimpy clothing wasn't rare in times I don't personally remember, the 1970's and early '80's. However, I doubt it was as widespread - probably mostly a lower-class thing then - and regardless popularity doesn't make something right.

It is impractical to try to ban tight clothing, but there should be limits on both sexes on showing upper leg and nipples in public.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:39 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Personally I think nudity should be legal. Takes the mystery out of it all.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:43 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
goodheathen: Now it wasn't trailer trash women who dressed like this. I grew up in a middle class town in Wisc. and dress like that was quite mainstream, halter tops, tube tops etc. I went with girl in college who tempted me as we left on our date. She was far from trailer trash. Her dad had a 40 acre hobby farm, a a barn with 9 horses. She had just sewn a new dress, with a halter top and mid calf length. She wanted to make sure I knew that all she had on underneath was a pair of small panties.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:13 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
My third grade teacher used to wear miniskirts with pantyhose and no underpants. She'd bend over and we could all see her nethers. It wasn't real cute and I'm not sure what the hell she was thinking. She looked like Penny Marshall (Laverne from Laverne and Shirley) almost exactly. Although I'm pretty sure Penny Marshall had more sense than to show third grade children her hind quarters.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:19 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yeah, it takes some guts to make comments like that.

I wonder, why don't women ever compliment men on what they wear. Does making a man smile in appreciation make you feel odd
I do. I'm into artistic ties. If I see a guy with a cool tie on, I'll enthuse. I can't restrain myself.

BTW, do guys wear ties anymore?

Old 08-02-2015, 02:34 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,454,397 times
Thirty five pages of discourse on this subject ?

Would this be a good time to tell you this..........

In Canada, since a court decision in 1991, it has been perfectly LEGAL for women to be topless in public, across the entire country. At any time, and in any public place. That decision has been upheld by the Supreme Court Of Canada.

Re-read that date again...........1991. Here is a link to the case and the decision.

Women's topless court victory 20 years later - Canada - CBC News

It would seem to me that Canada is a much more tolerant place, than the USA is. This is just one more example of many that show that the Canadians are more prepared to let others live as they want to. Twenty years, people.

Jim B.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:47 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I do. I'm into artistic ties. If I see a guy with a cool tie on, I'll enthuse. I can't restrain myself.

BTW, do guys wear ties anymore?
I will tomorrow for a meeting with the senior management.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:50 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Thirty five pages of discourse on this subject ?

Would this be a good time to tell you this..........

In Canada, since a court decision in 1991, it has been perfectly LEGAL for women to be topless in public, across the entire country. At any time, and in any public place. That decision has been upheld by the Supreme Court Of Canada.

Re-read that date again...........1991. Here is a link to the case and the decision.

Women's topless court victory 20 years later - Canada - CBC News

It would seem to me that Canada is a much more tolerant place, than the USA is. This is just one more example of many that show that the Canadians are more prepared to let others live as they want to. Twenty years, people.

Jim B.
It's been legal in Oklahoma since 1973, the Wendy Berlowitz decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty