Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,291,458 times

Advertisements

I think if she looks good, regardless of age, it is fine. If it looks tacky, no! Why should cleavage and short skirts be reserved for younger girls? I've seen women much older than 40s who could pull off wearing something like that and look great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 09:05 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,727,698 times
Yes it is fine....just look at me

Old 01-25-2016, 10:07 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,877,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
If a man is dressed like a cop and you need help, you'll probably run up to him and ask for help. What if he said, I'm sorry I know I look like a cop, but I'm not a cop. You'd be like wtf, you are dressed like a cop.

If a woman is dressed in a "certain" manner, conclusions will be drawn lol.
You realize that your analogy casts you in the role of the john.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:45 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,356,113 times
I absolutely LOATHE these kinds of judgements.....NO ONE ever sits and asks, "is it ok for men to wear flip flops? Is it ok for men to have facial hair after 30? is it ok...." its like GET OVER PEOPLE. You people are making me want to stuff my old ancient 42 years (GASP!) into fishnets JUST TO MAKE YOU MAD.

CAN"T STAND this double standard. STOP IT. Tired of being judged like a horse in a gypsy carnival. Ridiculous! If you want to live that way and think that way, don't impose it on others. Impose it on yourself. Live and let live. Its no one's business unless someone is a child. There are way too many other things to ponder over in this world. I can give you at least a dozen if you are interested. Like, read a book already or something. VOLUNTEER for something. Stop looking down your nose.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:15 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,469,069 times
definitely Not appropriate! I notice a lot of middle aged or older women trying to look and dress like they think they are still in their 20's ?

you dont need to dress like grandma but over 40 should dress more conservative, not like a college girl on spring break.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:09 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,931,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
Yes it is fine....just look at me
I have...with great admiration ;-)

Old 01-26-2016, 01:57 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,704,113 times
Even body type does not matter. Some people are disgusted of skinny people, some people are disgusted by fat people, some of old people etc.

Only thing which matters is that you as a viewer just have to learn to turn your sight away from those people whos outlooks or style you don't personally like.

Those people have no problem, problem only exists in your mind.

I have a problem too, with less than "normal bikini" hides. I have nippless and butt crack too, I know it is normal to have them but I still would not want to see yours since I don't stare my owns either.. Seeing more of strangers that I can and want to see of myself is quite too much.. And I do turn my sight away if there is a potential flasher.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:20 AM

496 posts, read 553,935 times
I have a relative who is 59, works out, and her figure looks amazing, even in a bikini. She wears nice clothes and shows a lot of leg.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:47 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,759,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
I absolutely LOATHE these kinds of judgements.....NO ONE ever sits and asks, "is it ok for men to wear flip flops? Is it ok for men to have facial hair after 30? is it ok...." its like GET OVER PEOPLE. You people are making me want to stuff my old ancient 42 years (GASP!) into fishnets JUST TO MAKE YOU MAD.

CAN"T STAND this double standard. STOP IT. Tired of being judged like a horse in a gypsy carnival. Ridiculous! If you want to live that way and think that way, don't impose it on others. Impose it on yourself. Live and let live. Its no one's business unless someone is a child. There are way too many other things to ponder over in this world. I can give you at least a dozen if you are interested. Like, read a book already or something. VOLUNTEER for something. Stop looking down your nose.
It's because society feels that womens bodies are public property. And as such they think they have a say in how they dress, or even a right to comment on it, sometimes directly to the person. And women feel just as entitled to be a part of the conversation which just proves show societal the problem is.

The handful of threads that pop up about men, in terms of facial hair or dressing or whatever, are always carefully couched in terms of preference. "I prefer men who are clean shaven" or "I like a t shirt and jeans" while the wording on threads about women, is what the should or shouldn't be doing. It is subtle but telling.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:22 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,987,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Is it OK to even ask the question?
/thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty