Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 10:26 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,801 times

Advertisements

so why do women wash their underwear in the gym bathroom sink and let it sit there for hours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 10:27 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I do change my PJs every day. I change the sheets twice a week.
I just don't value "cleanliness" that high of a priority in my life that I desire to spend that much time doing laundry.

IMO, people can become overly focused on perceived cleanliness, when after a certain level, the returns just aren't there for the time involved. I.e. Is the person who sleeps in new pjs and on fresh sheets every night any better off than someone who wears the same pjs for several days and changes their sheets every other week? Unless there's some medical condition, like allergies perhaps, I don't think there's much of a difference in outcomes. As long as a basic level of hygiene is being met, there's not much of a benefit in being even "cleaner"

I once had a friend who was so obsessed with cleanliness that she said she would eat off her own floors they were so clean. I found that...disturbing.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:50 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
I admit, I'm like the OP. Once and done, with all clothing, except coats, most dresses, and my robe. But, my spouse is in the camp most of the rest of the posters are. Which is why he has jeans, sweatshirts, , shorts and tees on chairs, his vanity, and the side of the tub. That bugs me far more than knowing he's worn his jeans for a few days. So, inevitably, I gather it all up and wash it anyway.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:26 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,165 times
I rotate through a few bras, and then wash them.

If you think not washing bras is bad, there are plenty of people who don't bathe every day. They take sponge baths and say they're clean. To each their own, I guess.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:30 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,688,290 times
Some of us dont have a large assortment of bras or other items of clothing (cost and comfort) plus theres the whole time and ability to do laundry aspect of it. Sometimes when all you have is one bra and no way to do laundry (washer broken or unable to get to the laundromat) you do the best you can. Plus, even if you wash it at home you may not have time for it to dry before you have to head back out again.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:33 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I you can get good bras that meet those needs at a lower price point then $75. I am around the same size and can find good stuff (sexy, comfortable and supportive cheaper). You just need to know where and when to stock up.
Yes you mentioned Victoria's Secret earlier, which IMO are junk. So I suspect we have wildly differing opinions on what is acceptable.

As to your other comment, I keep a capsule wardrobe. So yes, even my jeans are quality and do last years n

Old 05-16-2016, 04:53 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,025,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I admit, I'm like the OP. Once and done, with all clothing, except coats, most dresses, and my robe. But, my spouse is in the camp most of the rest of the posters are. Which is why he has jeans, sweatshirts, , shorts and tees on chairs, his vanity, and the side of the tub. That bugs me far more than knowing he's worn his jeans for a few days. So, inevitably, I gather it all up and wash it anyway.
Glad I'm not the only one. I always gather up all of my husband's clothes and wash them, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
I rotate through a few bras, and then wash them.

If you think not washing bras is bad, there are plenty of people who don't bathe every day. They take sponge baths and say they're clean. To each their own, I guess.
So gross, right? I don't get what is so hard about hopping in the shower for a few minutes out of an entire 24-hour day. I also don't think doing laundry is all that difficult or time-consuming...it's not like we have to use a washing board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Yes you mentioned Victoria's Secret earlier, which IMO are junk. So I suspect we have wildly differing opinions on what is acceptable.

As to your other comment, I keep a capsule wardrobe. So yes, even my jeans are quality and do last years n
I think you keep getting me (the OP) and "klmrocks" confused.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:13 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No, that is incorrect.
I guess the professional "bra fitters" in Nordstroms and the few small boutiques where I've been fitted were all full of ****, then. But, this method has worked well for me, so I'll stick with it.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:15 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
I'm getting ready to go on a trip for work, and when I was packing my suitcase last night I thought of this thread as I put in two bras (for five days.)

Old 05-16-2016, 09:13 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,391,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I have about 100 pairs of undies,...

I probably have 24 and I think that is too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty