Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 11:55 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The pillow case is going to be far dirtier than the bra by any measure. Oil glands in the face and scalp, massive skin cell turn over and the cess pit known as the mouth. It is so random what people decide are "dirty" vs what they will accept as clean.
Indeed. People drool as well when they sleep lol. I bet none of them are changing out those pillow cases daily. And if they're walking around their homes with their shoes on...don't even get me started. I call bullocks on this whole thing. It's just a reason to be mean to people by calling other women dirty/nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 12:44 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Of course, whatever works for you. But I did post links to verify the proper method. Obviously, there will be those that have differing thoughts.

Oh, and Nordstroms was one of the places that told me this, so clearly they are not all trained in the same way.
Oh, no doubt. Everyone has their own "method," so to speak.

I dislike the idea that I'm on the last set of hooks because I can barely stand a bra when it's snug. If I had any sort of water retention due to heat, hormones... whatever... I'd probably have to go find an older, looser bra.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:47 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,866 times
Woman who do not wash their bras constantly have a secret....They wash their bodies a lot.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:02 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The pillow case is going to be far dirtier than the bra by any measure. Oil glands in the face and scalp, massive skin cell turn over and the cess pit known as the mouth. It is so random what people decide are "dirty" vs what they will accept as clean.
Ew. I'm now headed upstairs to change the pillowcases.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:03 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,967,533 times
How OLD are you people? Because some of you really have a laughable junior high mentality. People are "gross" and "nasty" for wearing an article of clothing more than once? I'm surprised no one has brought up cooties yet. If you're so obsessed about this, maybe you should be giving yourselves prophylactic cootie shots on a daily basis. Circle circle, dot dot, now you have the cootie shot. Square, square, square, square, now you have it everywhere.

If one wearing of a bra or shirt causes it to be "dirty", merely because it has come in contact with your skin, maybe YOU'RE the one with the hygiene problem. Are you sure you're actually getting clean in the shower? Maybe you need to work on your shower habits. Or maybe you have some kind of dermatological issue.

I love this hard & fast rule that 1 wearing = dirty. That is utter rubbish. If you truly believed that, you'd be washing your sheets everyday instead of only a couple of times a week, and you'd also be washing all of the following after only 1 wearing as well:

scarves
gloves
hats
cashmere & wool

Nobody washes these things after only 1 wearing, and they don't wash their sheets everyday either. Love the inconsistent standards here for what you do, as compared to what you perceive others to be doing.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Actually poor hygien is a public health issue. Also why should people who put effort in maintaining good hygien have to suffer by having smelly people around them. It always shocks me how people skimp in this area. Clothes are not meant to last forever.
Quote:
Hey if you want to wash your bras, clothes, hands, body less often or never that is your business, but if someone in that condition sits next to me I am moving spots or bringing it to their attention.
LOL, that's cute. I'm 100% certain that you've sat next to someone who has skipped a shower, or is on the 2nd and even 3rd wearing of a bra. And you had no idea.

Because your absurd belief that someone wearing an article of clothing twice means that they immediately will start to smell, and will therefore be easily identifiable as a "nasty", "untidy", "gross" person posing a public health threat...is a histrionic fantasy.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
This is the strangest fashion forum I have ever comes across how? How hard up on cash does someone have to be to feel that they need a pair of Jeans to last 7 years? Is the Great Depression on somewhere still in North American or is the extreme cheapskates version of a fashion forum? Wow. Absolutely bizzar!
You've never heard the concept of a perfectly broken in, and/or distressed pair of jeans that took years to get that way?

Or of vintage denim?

Or of high end jeans that cost $300 or even $3000?

Plenty of people keep jeans for 7 years and beyond, that have nothing to do with being 'extreme cheapskates'. This is nothing new in fashion.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:11 PM

You can stop now- I am not going to get sucked into a prolonged conversation regarding clean or dirty bras......nor am I going to mention that shaving the armpits is silly.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:29 PM

Question- Are we talking black bras or granny white bras? As most of us men know and understand - a pair of dark colored underwear can be worn for three times as long as white shorts. No one really knows why this phenomena takes place....It is a miracle.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:33 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL. OP should visit Germany.

We shower daily, just so you know.

Please don't put false rumors out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty