Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 08:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Not sure we have that here, I'll have to do a little hunt and see AND if we don't have it, I guess I'll have to add it to my US shopping list.
I couldn't find it here, either. Sephora might have it, but I figured I prefer a few clicks than a trek to Sephora kitty-corner across town or to various salons... I got it from Amazon. Cocoa is a very nice neutral! I read about it in some magazine and they were right on the money.

Quote:
HA! Well I guess it depends on who you ask! Personally I think it's bitterly cold HOWEVER when I'm freezing my butt off here at the moment I try to remind myself that Christmas this year is going to be colder than I've ever known! I suspect we have a similar winter to California.
That's what I thought. Sort of like ours also. I find them bitterly cold, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
yes, I think it's a disgusting look

:shivers:
Nito, you need to have your head examined, my friend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Anyone who goes to a restaurant . . . and when you have a waitress with LONG nails (no matter how neat and clean they look) - are you more wiggy about taking your plate from her than from a waitress with short nails?

I get a bit more wiggy about it because the undersides of nails are so filthy and full of bacteria . . and just the thought of that dirty long nail wagging and resting so close to my food makes me feel eww. How do I know her nail did not slip into it on the way over to me? Never seen a waitress with dark polish, it's usually light or clear. . but I don't know. . just wigs me out.
Oh, yeah! And those cashiers who can't even work the register with them! Good grief! I've had acrylics on a couple of occasions and even though they weren't long I couldn't button a button! They're just unnaturally thick. That's not for me. I hate schedules you can't avoid if you don't feel like doing something and do my nails myself. Besides, once you take them off, your own are ruined.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:02 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Anyone who goes to a restaurant . . . and when you have a waitress with LONG nails (no matter how neat and clean they look) - are you more wiggy about taking your plate from her than from a waitress with short nails?

I get a bit more wiggy about it because the undersides of nails are so filthy and full of bacteria . . and just the thought of that dirty long nail wagging and resting so close to my food makes me feel eww. How do I know her nail did not slip into it on the way over to me? Never seen a waitress with dark polish, it's usually light or clear. . but I don't know. . just wigs me out.
+1 AND any serving staff that puts their fingers on any part of the serving dish that might bring germs in closer contact to my food, mouth or fingers.

Serving hygenically is an artform that seems to have been lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I couldn't find it here, either. Sephora might have it, but I figured I prefer a few clicks than a trek to Sephora kitty-corner across town or to various salons... I got it from Amazon. Cocoa is a very nice neutral! I read about it in some magazine and they were right on the money.
There's that Sephora again! I think I'm going to have to hunt them down and see if there's an outlet anywhere near where I'll be. Not that I've got anything against internet shopping but I do prefer being able to look at things before I buy and just generally prefer the store experience.
Cocoa sounds nice but I'm thinking you probably have more olive toned skin than I..........not sure why....guess it's part of my mental picture of you, Sierra....anyway I have fairly pale skin that can get a little ruddy so I tend more toward flesh pink tones. Just seems to look better with my skin tone. I might have a little squiz on the internets though and check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ
That's what I thought. Sort of like ours also. I find them bitterly cold, too!
haha! FINALLY!!! A NORMAL person!

Old 07-18-2009, 09:05 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
I always thought a woman having 'man-hands' was disgusting. *shrugs*

Old 07-18-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Cocoa sounds nice but I'm thinking you probably have more olive toned skin than I..........not sure why....guess it's part of my mental picture of you, Sierra....anyway I have fairly pale skin that can get a little ruddy so I tend more toward flesh pink tones. Just seems to look better with my skin tone. I might have a little squiz on the internets though and check it out.
Yeah, you and I do have different coloring. My skin is not olive, but after living in Tucson for so many years my race has changed somewhat. The tan can't fade even in the winter anymore.

That article recommended Cocoa as a very versatile neutral beige for everybody, but it might really not work on pale skin. The quality of the line is good, though. You can pick a different color.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:17 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Yeah, you and I do have different coloring. My skin is not olive, but after living in Tucson for so many years my race has changed somewhat. The tan can't fade even in the winter anymore.

That article recommended Cocoa as a very versatile neutral beige for everybody, but it might really not work on pale skin. The quality of the line is good, though. You can pick a different color.
Agreed, I have fair skin and a nice subtle beige on me looks like I should be laying in a casket. Olive skin it looks very nice on.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:25 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,594 times
Quote:

It's pointless and not attractive

Quote:
I always thought a woman having 'man-hands' was disgusting. *shrugs*
http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/seinfeldmanhands.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-18-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
It's pointless and not attractive
Alright, dear. Enjoy your "attractive" gals!

Old 07-18-2009, 09:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:

I think it's probably got to do with that base colour thingamybob. You know if you've got fair skin tending to redness you need blue based make up, that kind of thing. There's a wheel or something......am I making any sense?
Half your luck on the tan! Burn and peel and freckle, that's me!
I'll most definitely check it out. Thanks Sierra!

Quote:
Agreed, I have fair skin and a nice subtle beige on me looks like I should be laying in a casket. Olive skin it looks very nice on.
That's exactly how it looks on me too!

Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Quote:
Some men find Corvette Red nail polish sexy and erotic - while some men find it trampy and are turned off by it.

Some men like a woman to have a nice clean French Manicure (to the clueless men, that's the white tipped nails) because it represents class or just because it's a clean look. Some men do not like it and prefer color.

- Clear polish
- Neon Pink or Neon Construction Orange
- Peach or Coral polish
- Browns/Deep browns
- Deep Blood Red - the Vampy look. . .
- Blue polish

The list goes on. . .

What polish visually appeals to you/turns you on - and what makes you crinkle your nose when you see it?

And guys - you are visual creatures - don't act like nothing is up in that coconut of yours and say that you have never noticed. . . because if your wife/GF had black polish with red tips and little rhinestones all over the tips of them for a dinner to go out with your boss or colleague(s)- and it was not part of a Halloween costume. . .
Big turn on if she has well manicured nails. Clean French Manicure def. preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty