Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times

Advertisements

So I guess our U.S.A. is up there with Iran, China and the others mentioned?

Yeah, government can kill you for other reasons. Treason should be one of them, but they won't.

They do allow killing of the citizens by others though. Tobacco and alcohol are both legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Your views would be right at home with government officials in Iran, China, Saudi Arabia and North Korea. Are you secretly a dictator or something? Yeah I dig what you are saying, murder is wrong but it is fine for the government to murder people if they feel like it.

The government can kill you for reasons other than murdering another person, brother.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,524,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Yeah! Murder is so cool! YEAH!

Most of the support for the death penalty in the USA is based on lies and misinformation told by government officials.
Most people have no clue it does not deter and costs more than life in prison.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:51 PM

411 posts, read 832,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

Yeah, government can kill you for other reasons. Treason should be one of them, but they won't.

They do allow killing of the citizens by others though. Tobacco and alcohol are both legal.
What are China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, USA, Yemen, and North Korea. Essentially, the only seven nations in the world where the governments routinely murder its citizens.

Hey, Buddy, you're really into killing people as a way to solve problems, its no wonder why the USA constantly leads the world in homicides and the most of the people in the USA don't care one bit about the government dropping bombs on innocent farmers, as long as the government says they were looking for terrorists and the farmers just got in the way. If they're not white and USA citizens, they're all guilty in your world, right Buddy?

Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Most people have no clue it does not deter and costs more than life in prison.
How are people supposed to believe that they should not murder each other when they live under the authority of a government that spends all of its time and resources on killing people it determined were guilty? Even if you simply show that the government was not being entirely honest about something, they will threaten your life. Look, there are powerful people in our government that want to murder Julian Assange for simply having a website where people can submit documents anonymously that reveal government inaccuracies in the tales they tell, with this knowledge how can we possibly allow government officials to determine who lives and who dies?

Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,929 times
Sadly, many people are only compassionate along tribal/family lines. They also fail to see how murdering a murderer makes no sense. You killed and it was wrong, so we will kill you for it. Huh? Revenge does not equal justice. Killing the guy who wronged you (or torturing him) won't erase the crimes committed or prevent others.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:09 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,699,775 times
I'm all for abolishing the death penalty....and putting in place a form of torture instead. It would really deter people from acting stupid IMO.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Sadly, many people are only compassionate along tribal/family lines. They also fail to see how murdering a murderer makes no sense. You killed and it was wrong, so we will kill you for it. Huh? Revenge does not equal justice. Killing the guy who wronged you (or torturing him) won't erase the crimes committed or prevent others.
Not including the USA, every nation in North and South America, even Cuba, have fully realized the logic behind what you are saying, and government sanctioned murder has no place in civilized society.

What sorts of terrific barbarians are running the courtrooms in the USA, today? When the tide turns, the judges and DA's that sit and allow people to be sentenced to death and do nothing to stop it, will all be forced to answer for their horrific and vile crimes against humanity. As we learned from the Nuremberg Trials over 60 years ago, following orders is not a proper defense.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

Hey pal, look here:

Tallahassee Police Brutalize Woman; Caught On Dashcam Video (FULL RAW SHOCKING VIDEO) | The Everlasting GOP Stoppers

Old 09-12-2013, 05:15 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,524,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I'm all for abolishing the death penalty....and putting in place a form of torture instead. It would really deter people from acting stupid IMO.
It wouldn't just like the death penalty doesn't deter.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:14 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,470,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
*BARF*

Hopefully never. I would hate for Florida to be run-over with even more pretentious snobby rich folks and people who call themselves "educated, worldly and sophisticated" "young professionals". Such stupid and ridiculous looking terms. These kinds of people tend to be nothing but stuck-up workaholics who don't appreciate the simpler and finer things in life.

I'm tired of stuck up Yankees trying to change things in ways that THEY think is better. We're just fine and dandy with the way we are, thank you very much. Y'all need to leave us alone.

If you hate Florida so much, then why don't you move to one of them states?

I agree, I don't like living in Florida, but I also hate these self important yuppies that push their snobby liberal agendas on everyone. I admit Florida has it's problems but the solution isn't snooty yankees turning it into Long Island Part 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida