Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
I noticed most of the people who are complaining about the cold winters live in the areas that get the worst of the winter. There are some areas up north that don't get as brutal and as dreary as some of the posters here would make you believe. The area of NJ in which I lived (near Princeton) did get cold, but it was not as bad as it is in Maine, Buffalo, NH, Northeast PA, where some of these posters live. If I lived in these areas, I would hate winter as well.
What about north of Chicago? The cold made me HURT...it got so cold. At least in warm weather, I could get outside and move around. And it got just as hot up there in the summer as it ever did down here. There was a day that school was cancelled because it was too HOT (and the water wasn't working either, but still...).

Old 04-10-2008, 05:42 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,947,320 times
Nothing is better than the springtime coming in NY. The winters are getting milder, so they aren't even that bad anymore (It snowed only about 3 times, and it was just dustings basically). Nothing better than seeing the trees start to bloom, seeing the grass start to get green (instead of that pointy, hard grass in FL), and the smell of all the different flowers. The vibe is amazing. No year-round weather can take away the spring up north.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:15 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
I'll give up any season to get away from michigan winters.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Nothing is better than the springtime coming in NY. The winters are getting milder, so they aren't even that bad anymore (It snowed only about 3 times, and it was just dustings basically). Nothing better than seeing the trees start to bloom, seeing the grass start to get green (instead of that pointy, hard grass in FL), and the smell of all the different flowers. The vibe is amazing. No year-round weather can take away the spring up north.
Floritam is pointy, bahia is not.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:49 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,168,132 times
This is a matter of personal choices. What I like some else dislikes, so my way of making the best of any place is to enjoy what the area has to offer. You can criticize anything humidity, rain, snow, hurricanes, but we don't have control.

So regarless of your location find something good about your location and make the best. If you can't move out, become an insider and live your location to the fullest.

Remember I enjoyed North Dakota (30 days below -30), I enjoyed Iceland (hurricane force winds everyday), I enjoyed Saudi Arabia (125+ degrees in a runway), Panama (rain everyday), NYC (humidity, heat, and cold winters), Ogden Ut (lots of snow/rain, hot humid summers) and I enjoy Florida everyday regarless of hurricanes, humidity, rain, lighting, redtide, maniac traffic, busy malls, etc...

Again I'll take summers in Florida before winter up north...

Old 04-10-2008, 08:35 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,538,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
This is a matter of personal choices. What I like some else dislikes, so my way of making the best of any place is to enjoy what the area has to offer. You can criticize anything humidity, rain, snow, hurricanes, but we don't have control.

So regarless of your location find something good about your location and make the best. If you can't move out, become an insider and live your location to the fullest.

Remember I enjoyed North Dakota (30 days below -30), I enjoyed Iceland (hurricane force winds everyday), I enjoyed Saudi Arabia (125+ degrees in a runway), Panama (rain everyday), NYC (humidity, heat, and cold winters), Ogden Ut (lots of snow/rain, hot humid summers) and I enjoy Florida everyday regarless of hurricanes, humidity, rain, lighting, redtide, maniac traffic, busy malls, etc...

Again I'll take summers in Florida before winter up north...
Great Post. It's all about attitude. Boy Sunrico, you've really been around!

Frank D.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 AM

217 posts, read 879,428 times
Winters up North are worse. Just my opinion though. I know some who love the cold blustery days, but not me. I'm getting too old to handle the cold.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:01 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,778,187 times
Here in Florida you deal with heat and humidity. In New England freezing cold and snow in the winter. They even out. I just love the landscape up north a lot more.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:29 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallylady46 View Post
Winters up North are worse. Just my opinion though. I know some who love the cold blustery days, but not me. I'm getting too old to handle the cold.
I wonder how much of it is an age thing honestly.... People haven't been retiring to Florida for generations just out of coincidence, right??

Old 04-11-2008, 09:33 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,947,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Floritam is pointy, bahia is not.
What in the world do you mean? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida