Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 07:03 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
The daughter had cooked supper for herself and her sig-other, then suddenly and unaccountably developed a mysterious pain in her elbow that rendered her unable to clean up after herself. Pots, pans, plates, bowls, glasses all over the place, not even rinsed. Grrrrrrrr........
You should have put the dirty dishes in her room.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:07 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
You should have put the dirty dishes in her room.
I agree that I am still shocked and vicariously angry that MBW's grown daughter dirtied her kitchen and left the mess for her mother to clean up when she got home at 10PM!

What was wrong with the "insignificant other".....did he have an attack of the "rapid onset elbow dysfunctionitis" (ROED) as well...I am sure with her verbal instructions....he could have gotten it done. I am still angry at the thoughtlessness displayed, ..... and it isnt nice to lie to your mother. Elbow pain doesnt happen in that manner and just incapacitate one from cleaning up and not cooking!

If she lives at home....I hope that she is paying rent and prepared for an increase for services rendered and if not.....to understand why she is only to come in when mother is home.

Last edited by elston; 09-30-2008 at 07:39 AM..

Old 09-30-2008, 07:18 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
The daughter had cooked supper for herself and her sig-other, then suddenly and unaccountably developed a mysterious pain in her elbow that rendered her unable to clean up after herself. Pots, pans, plates, bowls, glasses all over the place, not even rinsed. Grrrrrrrr........
How unfair on you! Next time you have a big delicious meal, just give her toast!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:26 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
How unfair on you! Next time you have a big delicious meal, just give her toast!
Those were all my first thoughts aside from dragging them out of the room to the kitchen.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,845 times
Quote:
I would have made her wash and clean up with her feet then......LOL....
Awww.....you poor thing....yeah....kids are GREAT, aren't they ???!!!
I have had a similar experience (son cooked for his girlfriend...Pasta Alfredo with chicken.).
Dishes piled in the sink, cream sauce splashed all over, and burned on top of the oven.
I made him clean it....or he would have found all the dirty dishes in his BED, and a lock on the fridge !

Old 09-30-2008, 07:46 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
And I thought I was the only strict parent. I'm glad there are more people like I was. My kids are grown and on their own now but the've learned to clean up after themselves.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 AM

142 posts, read 566,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Soup was a hit! Hub even went in for 2nds Thanks for the recipe....I always tinker with'em though. I bought tiny star pasta so it would be fun for my son. He was laughing at the tiny meatballs. Smile. He called'em baby meatballs. Just his size.
Lacey to to cute!!LOL
Huck pork chops yum & Happy Bday to your momsie.
I have a game to watch wooo hooo!
Oh, I'm so happy that you all loved the soup!!!! Cool, you're the first person to cook one of my recipes that I posted!!

That tiny star pasta was a good idea!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:04 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Sorry for venting, all, but thanks for letting me get that off my chest!
Hey, you're welcome! She'll turn out good - just as like her momma - who is too nice and kind to do all the mean thing all of us lot are suggesting!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
And I thought I was the only strict parent. I'm glad there are more people like I was. My kids are grown and on their own now but the've learned to clean up after themselves.
Hey....I don't consider myself strict.....and should have been more so, then I was.....LOL.
However, I am a firm believer in the "do the right thing".....and the "don't think you have a clean up maid in your parents or other people".
You make the mess.....you WILL clean it....no discussion, no debate...end of story.

I have to admit though, I make a mess sometimes while cooking too.....and I do clean it...... but my husband gladly helps me !

By the way, I am planning to cook some kind of chicken tonight.
I do have boneless and skinless chicken breast in my freezer....but.....I will have to search for a recipe.
Can't wait to see, just WHAT I will come up with....LOL.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:40 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times
Happy Tuesday!! Looks like we will be having steak tonight, baked potato and salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink