Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
My honey is going strictly atkins, as well as are his twin boys. We were doing something similar to it, Ketogenic diet together, but I felt like there were too many things that were bad for me.

I am high risk for colon cancer and osteoporosis due to family history, among other things, and these are against me with this diet.

Soooo... I am back to some meat and vegetables and carbs, and they are completely atkins. I think one of the twins has switched back to a normal diet now.

Anyone else here have their family on different types of diets within the house and have to cook different things?

It is not so bad, just have to do more meat and a little bit of side for me, and maybe now one of the twins. Tonight bf has London Broil in the crockpot. He seems to be making beef bbq out of it. Right now in the kitchen teaching world history to his boys.
That would be me!!!! LOL you all are going to be clapping for me in a minute! CARBS HERE I COME So, I told you all I had to stop the WW Diet that hubby is on (Pik... Hubby is doing WW- he has high Cholest and needs to lose a few- well 40)... So, I am on a Migraine Preventative Med- I think I might have mentioned it on here before. It has done wonders with the head problems- thank God- but there is a side effect (Wt loss) so when I said my size six pants were falling off... I wasn't joking.... SO Skbs can't do any dieting.... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY CARBS BRING 'EM ON!!!!!! I am one happy camper..... I ate pasta and candy and cookies this weekend and didn't gain a single ounce And I am really not bragging.... I think I really deserve it after doing all that WW stuff for hubby.... I do believe I earned every carb I put in my mouth.... All those 911 phone calls were put to good use.....LOL

Old 10-28-2008, 12:27 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL.... I am almost embarassed to admit this... and I never do this... bit is is SOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo cold outside and the flakes aer mixed with some rain at the moment... I am sipping on (forbidden) coffee and sitting in sweats and a sweatshirt and my four year old is in her pjs and we are cuddled under a blanket watching cartoons.... BRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... I think I am opening some Campbell's Chicken Noodle and doing the heat and serve for dinner tonight.... LOL.... I don't want to get out from under the blanket......
LOL, I used to do that too when I was living in CT. Had alot of fun and my daughters will talk about it from time to time, the memories!!

Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,669,583 times
Saucy Pepper Steak, green beans, very berry jello, and a sourdough roll. For dessert, I have a chocolate cake. Heaven.

I've got my steak sliced up and marinating in just a tiny bit of sauce to tenderize it and give it some flavor; the peppers and onions are already cut up and I have the jello done. The green beans are on cooking very slowly, ahh, I am ready for dinner tonight.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:52 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Hi all-Crazy and Cyn-how I agree about the distance. Just spoke to my littlest one and she's home sick and was thrilled with their Halloween present that was just delivered. Yesterday in a "poor me" moment I was ready to whine "I wanna go home!!!"

Mr. L has much less pain today, he said it's a 2 compared to a 9 yesterday. No liquids/food just IV and drugs for now. I cannot thank you all for you words of support-what a great group of folks.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,798 times
Tonight is left-over night I believe. I'm not in the mood to cook anything.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Molochai how's the knee any progress?

Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 PM

414 posts, read 1,863,189 times
Tonight is skinless chicken thighs (my husband loves dark meat) cooked with broth, celery and potatoes; seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper and oregano. Should be yummy. I love the smell of food in the crock pot when I walk through the door.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 PM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
I mixed up some meat balls.....beef, pork (I had partial packs in freezer from other meals) onion, oatmeal, parm cheese, garlic, oregano and V8 juice and salt and pepper) I have large meat balls cooking in the convection oven on a dish with a little olive oil...

tonight they will be simmered in some jarred Spaghetti Sauce when we get back from a Candidates Night at the Town Center.....

I figure if I limit the amount of spaghetti I take....it won't be a killer.....I am going with portion control more than forbidden foods.....the oatmeal was a hat tip to lower cholesterol/whole grain. I will make a salad to help fill me up....

DP will fill up on a huge plate of pasta.......(he still wears clothes that he has had for 10 - 15 years.....recently the 20 year old ones started getting too tight! LOL But he really is remarkably fit and athletic.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
I noticed a couple of hours ago that I still had some apples sitting on the counter and me not wanting to waste food HAD to do something.

Ended up making a big pan of Apple Crisp using Ina Gartens "Old Fashioned Apple Crisp" recipe. I've got to say DANG that's good!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:30 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Did someone say carbs? Well carbs it is. Having another ham and pineapple pizza. Wife made an extra crust last week and now is the time for the benefit of advanced preparation. It's going to be our coldest night in a long time so I expect there will be some baking going on tonight to warm the house. Expecting it to chill down to a low around 43 or lower maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink