Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 04:07 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,904,686 times

Advertisements

Steamed veggies and a can of red salmon. Dab of butter and a squeeze of lemon and it was good to go. Oh and the cracked black pepper.

Snuck a little piece of jam and cream filled lamington sponge for dessert.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:15 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Amber, looking forward to that recipe!

Tonight is trick or treating at our local Wegmans Grocery Store.... SO.... dinner will be on the fly again... what else have you come to expect from the S house? LOL......

Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Good morning everyone. It's always wonderful visiting this thread and reading all the great recipes. Tonight we'll have a choice between sausage and peppers with pasta or chicken. Tonight is my wife's last class (in this cycle) so the pre-prepared dinners will end for a while.

Bon apetit to all!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:01 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
It's a chilly morning in south-central Wisconsin; I can always tell what the weather is like outside by how importunate the grandkitty is about occupying my lap. This morning, he followed me around meowing until I sat down and opened up the computer, whereupon he immediately hopped up and made himself at home, purring like a mad thing. I know that when I evict him to head out for work, he'll head straight for the wool blanket on top of my bed where he'll burrow in and make himself a nest for the day. Oh, to be a cat.... but then, I couldn't have fun cooking, could I?

Supper tonight will probably involve chicken and the leftover bean soup from Saturday, although that is subject to change. At least both the spouse and I will be at home to enjoy it together, so no matter what it turns out to be, it'll be in good company. Not sure whether the daughter will join us or not; she's in a frenzy of packing for her anticipated move to an apartment with her sig-other, and has been a bit stressed of late. Not that she's the only one, of course; I haven't been able to walk across my living room for the past couple of weeks because of the stack of her boxes in the middle of the room, and I'm starting to get a mite twitchy. Love that girl dearly, but it is high time for her to be out on her own. Just a few more days, just a few more days.....

Old 10-28-2008, 06:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Well the tri tip got put on hold last night so I guess it's on the menu for tonight... The upside is I don't have to come up with anything! I do have to go through the freezer in the garage and figure out what needs to be cooked up soon. If I remember right I do have a pork butt in there that is going to give itself to my favorite.. Carnitas!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
What wonderful news ajzjmsmom...so happy for you and your family!

I got woke up this morning at 4:30am with a frantic call from my daughter in CA, Amber. Guess my grandson was trying to crawl in their bed at 1:30am and slipped and fell and hit his lower lip on the bed frame. Eight stiches later he is now home and resting---bless his little heart. Amber and I talked for 2 hours...finally ended up with a little laughing talking about her accidents as a small child and all her stiches..and she had lots of stiches. She was a very active child with a very active brother! Anyhow this is going to be a very loong day.

I don't envy you lacey for the upcoming challenges dealing with hubby and changes. But he knows how badly he has felt so he just may comply a little easier then yiou would suspect. Let's hope so.

Anyhow, good morning everyone! As far as what might be for dinner--that is the last thing on my mind right now so I'll have to come back later when I get that figured out.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 10-28-2008 at 06:32 AM..

Old 10-28-2008, 06:28 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
What wonderful news ajzjmsmom...so happy for you and your family!

I got woke up this morning at 4:30am with a frantic call from my daughter in CA, Amber. Guess my grandson was trying to crawl in their bed at 1:30am and slipped and fell and hit his lower lip on the bed frame. Eight stiches later he is now home and resting---bless his little heart. Amber and I talked for 2 hours...finally ended up with a little laughing talkinga bout her accidents as a small child and all her stiches..and she had lots of stiches. She was a very active child with a very active brother! Anyhow this is going to be a very loong day.

I don't envy you lacey for the upcoming challenges dealing with hubby and changes. But he knows how badly he has felt so he just may comply a little easier then yiou would suspect. Let's hope so.

Anyhow, good morning everyone! As far as what might be for dinner--that is the last thing on my mind right now so I'll have to come back later when I get that figured out.
Oooohh, poor grandson! And poor Amber; those inevitable accidents are almost harder on mama than they are on the kiddo. I don't think there are many kids who haven't taken a tumble at one time or another and wound up with stitches or a cast, but that doesn't make any difference in how the parents feel about it.

Amber, don't beat yourself up about it! He'll be fine, and so will you, and you're not a bad mom. Take care today, and just think what a great start he's got on his Hallowe'en costume!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Cyn and Amber-the first "accident" is the worst and especially head/mouth ones as they are bleeders and scary. All will be fine.

Cyn you're right-he's not easy to change and this will not be easy.

I had a small container of chicken cacciatore in the freezer so that'll be mine for tonight (something told me to save that last little bit!!).

Have to freeze the cabbage today tho.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:40 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Amber is a great mom. Her hubby is a great father and yes, these are all things that happen with our babies/children through those growing years. I'll have to admit that when that phone rang at the time of the early morning I just knew it wasn't good news. It scares me so much that I live a good 8 hours even if I had an airline ticket in my hand. By the time I drive to the airport, fly to CA and then get to her house.....it's just to far! I'll let Amber fill everyone in on how the baby is doing today if she gets a chance to get on here today. I'm guessing this will be a very long day for her too. I know she isn't going to work because she told me she already called her boss and explained the situation.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 AM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times
The other day I cooked up some beautiful fresh kale--but made it very plain in keeping with my diet....it really was not as good as usual.....this morning I am cooking the rest of it....with a little onion and linguica sausage.....for supper tonight.....I am sure it will be much better. I believe we will have meat loaf with it......so it will be portion control for me....not an inately low cal menu. I can do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink