Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 03:04 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Made it home----and am disappointed in my parrot food run. Ended up costing me as much as if I'd had my food sent from CA---well not quite but close with the gas and all. And I know she loves her food from CA even though it may not be the most healthy for her---she is very healthy and HAPPY!! So I spent the $$ and will try to convert her but not totally. I did learn some so that is good. This will work for a couple of months and then I guess I'll be contacting my contact in CA for more of her yummy parrot food! Ha! So I'm out another $60.00 plus my gas and time!! That's for only 6 weeks of food...yikes!! Live and learn! Looks like I need to get a job just to feed my parrot!!
Tonight is stuffed bell peppers with mashed potatoes.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Wow, cyn...that's one expensive bird! But I don't blame you. We've managed to spend lots of $$$ on our cats.

Dinner tonight was microwave popcorn and strawberry daquiries. mmmmm.....

Old 02-05-2009, 03:19 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times
Last night guess what I had for dinner? Carrot Cake!
I ate a little more wisely today -- just a little.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:30 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Last night guess what I had for dinner? Carrot Cake!
I ate a little more wisely today -- just a little.
LOL... think of it this way.... carrots help your eyes and if you have raisins in the cake RAISINS help in the prevention of macular degeneration! SOOOOOOOOOOO...Look at what a good think you are doing for you EYES by eating Carrot Cake

Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Cyn: Glad you are home from your errands. I tell my friends all the time that we take better care of our animals than some people do their children. Our "furry child's" 33 lb of Solid Gold Dog Food costs $52.00 a month, not to mention her supplements, acupuncture, heartworm, flea, monthly grooming and baths. Next month, her yearly teeth cleaning where she has to be put to sleep. What we do for our kids.

Thank you for all the well wishes, ate chicken soup all day. Hopefully, I can get rid of this in a day or two.

skbs: I hope you all feel better soon.

I just made tri-color stuffed peppers that are simmering on the stove now and will be making mashed potatoes for tomorrows dinner.

Cleaned out the leftovers today for h dinner, sauteed shrimp, 1 boneless chicken thigh, roasted potatoes, peas, corn, roasted red peppers and a little rice pilaf. Nothing goes to waste here and h was happy.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Cyn: Glad you are home from your errands. I tell my friends all the time that we take better care of our animals than some people do their children. Our "furry child's" 33 lb of Solid Gold Dog Food costs $52.00 a month, not to mention her supplements, acupuncture, heartworm, flea, monthly grooming and baths. Next month, her yearly teeth cleaning where she has to be put to sleep. What we do for our kids.

Thank you for all the well wishes, ate chicken soup all day. Hopefully, I can get rid of this in a day or two.

skbs: I hope you all feel better soon.

I just made tri-color stuffed peppers that are simmering on the stove now and will be making mashed potatoes for tomorrows dinner.

Cleaned out the leftovers today for h dinner, sauteed shrimp, 1 boneless chicken thigh, roasted potatoes, peas, corn, roasted red peppers and a little rice pilaf. Nothing goes to waste here and h was happy.
Thanks Kelsie.... I just downed a cup of the soup I made and Diva told me Campbell's Chicken Noodle was better .... I am sure it has something to do with the MSG or the lack of veggies or something...LOL.... oh well.... I try....she is downing an orange as I type. I don't care what she eats today to be honest. I am keeping her home again tomorrow to take her to the Ped's office for a strep test.... they said she had to have the sore throat for 24 hours for the test to really work. So, that is on the list of things to do in the morning. Chatterbox has a dance class I have to figure out how to get her to as well.... Mom's never really get a chance to REALLY be sick... I was talking to a friend about that today. Even when we are, we aren't.... Ya know? LOL..... we have to talk ourselves out of it.... I am not sick... I am one healthy lady.... I feel great! I can get off this sofa and make two sandwiches and two chocolate milks right now.... NOW... Go... move.... LOL... hahah and we SPRINT.... Because we are SUPERMOM!!!!!!!! LOL..... I am so SUPER... I made a VAT of Chicken Soup that isn't nearly as good as Campbell's! And I don't give a rat's .... well, you know.....

Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
skbs: remember I told you at one time, you are a mother till the day you die? lol Two weeks ago we were going up to see the kids & g'kids. They sent me their lists before we even got to the plane. Stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes, 6 qts. of gravy (spaghetti sauce, meatballs & sausage & bricoile) chick. parm., ham split pea soup & I know I am missing some. While h was running all around with daughter #1 to dr's and g'kids activities, I was between food shopping, kitchens, and laundry rooms. Oh yes and all of their homes. And the check is in the mail mom. We won't look too hard for that one.

I don't know what it is about chicken soup, but it does work. I will be having another cup soon. Please feel better soon. kelsie

Old 02-05-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
skbs: remember I told you at one time, you are a mother till the day you die? lol Two weeks ago we were going up to see the kids & g'kids. They sent me their lists before we even got to the plane. Stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes, 6 qts. of gravy (spaghetti sauce, meatballs & sausage & bricoile) chick. parm., ham split pea soup & I know I am missing some. While h was running all around with daughter #1 to dr's and g'kids activities, I was between food shopping, kitchens, and laundry rooms. Oh yes and all of their homes. And the check is in the mail mom. We won't look too hard for that one.

I don't know what it is about chicken soup, but it does work. I will be having another cup soon. Please feel better soon. kelsie
LOL I can picture this happening to me in 25 years.... LOL... DIVA especially

Old 02-05-2009, 05:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Tonight was a mesquite deli turkey breast, muenster cheese, roasted red pepper, tapenade panino with cole slaw on the side.

I'm working my way towards Dagwood building

Old 02-05-2009, 05:40 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Thanks Kelsie.... I just downed a cup of the soup I made and Diva told me Campbell's Chicken Noodle was better .... I am sure it has something to do with the MSG or the lack of veggies or something...LOL.... oh well.... I try....she is downing an orange as I type. I don't care what she eats today to be honest. I am keeping her home again tomorrow to take her to the Ped's office for a strep test.... they said she had to have the sore throat for 24 hours for the test to really work. So, that is on the list of things to do in the morning. Chatterbox has a dance class I have to figure out how to get her to as well.... Mom's never really get a chance to REALLY be sick... I was talking to a friend about that today. Even when we are, we aren't.... Ya know? LOL..... we have to talk ourselves out of it.... I am not sick... I am one healthy lady.... I feel great! I can get off this sofa and make two sandwiches and two chocolate milks right now.... NOW... Go... move.... LOL... hahah and we SPRINT.... Because we are SUPERMOM!!!!!!!! LOL..... I am so SUPER... I made a VAT of Chicken Soup that isn't nearly as good as Campbell's! And I don't give a rat's .... well, you know.....
You'd think when a Mom stirs love into chicken soup, a child would love it. You reminded me when I slaved over home made mac and cheese and the kids liked it better out of the box, and when my daughter went into the hospital to have her tonsils out and they served her a pork chop dinner and she said it was "better than my Mom's." go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink