Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 AM

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times

Advertisements

I'm going OUT. That's the best dinner there is! LOL

Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Getting a late start today must of been from the partying last night! Thanks foodie friends for all your congrats and know I wouldn't be at this stage on my journey without all of your help too!

skbs you are the best cheerleader for all us! Thanks for the tip on Smart Balance I'll try to set it out a little earlier and about the baking.

kelsie, NV and all the other ones sick I hope you feel better soon. I don't know if it is an old wives tell my family passed down or not but we up the yogurt intake here in the winter. Plus I am crazy about being sure hands are washed more often, door knobs & light switches wiped down daily. A simple cold turns into bronchitis with me so I do all I can to ward them off.

Tonight Taco salad is on the menu we are just barely in double digits so they might want something with more substance. If not it will be taco salad. The sun is shining that is a plus!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:16 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,214,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Not sure yet but dinner will be a little more substantial even if a hot dog....on a bun...Things are looking up a bit in the chewing department....
Nomad I know how you are feeling. Last summer I had to have a tooth removed and I was soooooo hungry. All I wanted was to chew something. Hang in there, not much longer.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Hi, all. Not sure what we're having for dinner yet. Lunch is going to be leftover seafood chowdah from the other night. I think maybe some crackers might help it. HIde the seafoody taste!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,578,938 times
Better health wishes for all of you that just don't feel so good. All of these menus sound so good. I really need to check out some of my cookbooks for something different. Cooking for 2 becomes a challenge sometimes. I'm a little like my mother in that respect. Seems as if even tho' just 2, I still cook as if for a family! Way too many leftovers. Then it's freeze and eat later, if I don't forget, or eat leftovers for a few times.

It is warmer today for the first time in weeks but I still think that I will turn the oven on and bake some pork shops with a sauce/glaze. baby carrots and peas mixed, baked potatoes, and pecan pie for dessert. Nothing really outstanding, but that should do it. Oh, have to have our sweet tea! And crescent rolls w/lots of butter, real butter.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:42 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,642 times
DH had leftover Bratwurst, Sauerkraut and potatoes and I had a slice of w/w bread with a tad butter and veggie sticks.

Already leafed through one of my cookbooks and found 3 recipes I want to cook over the next day. Tomorrow morning is time for grocery shopping.

Hope you all enjoy your Thursday.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,938 times
HI everyone! I'm having Tuesday nights leftovers ....Pepper Steak. I am very picky about leftovers, however, this leftover is OK my me.

Have a great day!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm going OUT. That's the best dinner there is! LOL
True!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Not sure yet but dinner will be a little more substantial even if a hot dog....on a bun...Things are looking up a bit in the chewing department....
I had dental work in December. I feel your pain.

---
Am considering breakfast for dinner. Haven't done that in a while. Need to buy some eggs though.

I hope everyone is keeping reasonably warm or cool as the weather dictates! Even Florida is having some chilly weather.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Chicken breasts have been taken out of the freezer. Not sure what we're doing or serving with them yet.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,756 times
Hello, foodie friends! Last night I was cooking a roast. Made some garlic mashed potatoes(with cream cheese and sour cream) and corn and green beans. I checked the temp of roast...it was 120, ok, so not ready...I got busy doing other things, got back to the roast, it was WAY over done! Yikes! I was very disappointed, we all like med-rare meat. So this is what I did to fix the problem. I got my meat slicer out and sliced it very thin, made some brown gravy, added onion soup mix and water and pour it over the sliced meat right back in the roasting pan and cooked it for another 30 minutes in the oven. I served it as French dip sandwiches with fries. Dinner was saved! Now I still have lots of meat left, so tonight I will make a Shepherd's pie using the meat, mashed potatoes and veggie from last night. I will still have meat left so I think I will turn it into beef stroganoff for another night. Roast was not an expensive one, just round roast that was on sale and now I've stretched into 3 meals. Yeah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink