Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Me too, thought we'd got thru all the leftovers then found there was chicken still left so have to squeeze that in somehow!!! I am tempted to make this soup, freeze it and go out tonight for a burger!!!
My vote is for a burger.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:36 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Good for you skbs! You did something right! A night to remember for sure! Ha!

Beets...well we just like them cut up and boiled like potatoes but with a bit of sugar added..yummy!

Tonight is fettucini with Alfredo sauce and garlic toast. I was gone all afternoon, hair appointment, so decided dinner must be easy and quick!

I'm off to make dinner so I'll see y'all tomorrow!! Sleep tight wth full tummies!

Old 12-03-2008, 03:55 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I want to like that currently fashionable salad soooo badly... but I have come to the conclusion that I just do NOT like beets.

They are so beautiful but I can't get past that aftertaste.
Have you tried them pickled? I could eat my weight in pickled beets even though I might regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I am so with you-not to mention the mess.
What mess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I love canned beets.........but they don't always love me!!
Yep they make great Harvard beets. I like the chunk cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
MTH-you could cook the turnips with potatoes and mash.
My mother does this with turnips often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
Tonight I am having a typical Cuban Food dish " Arros con Pollo a la chorera" (Yellow rice with chicken the mushi style) with Tostones ( Green banana smashed and fried) and a nice mixed salad.

For dessert I made yesterday Rice Pudding!!
My ETA is about 2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Crazy day.... went running around like a crazy person looking for the perfect dress.... Have a wedding to go to on Saturday.... found a real flirty red one I am so psyched about! And awesome shoes..... now I am forced to not nibble one single kettle chip from here to there.... dratz! But boy do I look amazing in it! Not to toot my own horn....LOL The punishment is the lack of chips though... and boy have I been bad with those lately......

Tonight is Turkey Meat Loaf, sweet potato fries, BROCCOLI, and corn...... the kids will most likely eat it without a fight.... Karate night so the fingers are crossed that is true....need dinner to go off w/o a hitch to get there on time tonight!!!!!

Talk to you all later- must get the diva off the bus.......
Well I too have had no kettle chips for a few days now. Maybe that is the reason I am lacking energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
My vote is for a burger.
Yep, a good burger is the best thought I've seen today. Lots red onion and jalapenos on it too.

Here it is almost 6PM and I don't have a clue. Wife just called and we didn't even talk about dinner. I guess she has it planned. I hope so. So far today I have eaten a hand full of raisins and beginning to get a little hungry.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:02 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,828 times
kufta, kind of like a middle eastern meat ball. basically ground beef, finely chopped onions, S & P, shaped into finger like shapes (not round), cooked under the broiler. Served w/rice pilaf, and tahini sauce (sesame paste, garlic, lemon, salt--in the food processor), and some sort of veggie, lets see what do I have on hand--don't know will have to hit the freezer up.

I better get to it.....lol!

Old 12-03-2008, 04:04 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I am soooo done with Thanksgiving leftovers! We froze some of it, but then had to start using it up already because the freezer was packed; I couldn't go grocery shopping and put anything else in there. I don't want to look at another piece of turkey, ham or even a sweet potato until Christmas.

Tonight will be flank steak teriyaki wit peas in the pod and rice. That was the most removed from anything Thanksgiving related I could come up with.
lol! when my DH came home last night, he saw the T-day leftovers on the counter, and asked for the number to the pizza place.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:04 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times
Noma, there's a place down the street that makes wonderful beef or chicken shawarma wrap sandwiches. They put pickled beets inside, and I eat everything.

I do not think I would like them plain though.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:13 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Noma, there's a place down the street that makes wonderful beef or chicken shawarma wrap sandwiches. They put pickled beets inside, and I eat everything.

I would never have thought of them on a sandwich. Once upon a time when we had a garden spot we asked each of the kids what they wanted to have for their veggie. One of the daughters wanted to plant pickled beets. Nothing like a shortcut sometimes.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:18 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:

How about with a nice creamy goat cheese, crunchy walnuts, and a citrusy vinagrette?

Old 12-03-2008, 04:24 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How about with a nice creamy goat cheese, crunchy walnuts, and a citrusy vinagrette?
you sound like the gypsy woman.....do you sell home made jewelry....can you sell me a love potion

Old 12-03-2008, 04:32 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I would never have thought of them on a sandwich. Once upon a time when we had a garden spot we asked each of the kids what they wanted to have for their veggie. One of the daughters wanted to plant pickled beets. Nothing like a shortcut sometimes.

There's a slavic dish of grated boiled beets and horseradish, spread on black bread with sweet butter it's yummy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.