Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 05:37 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Broccoli was the vegetable that W banished from the white house menu....so much for the vegetable lobby.

Made me enjoy broccoli even more

Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Good morning.... duking it out with the diva already..... I told her to go up and get dressed for school... usually takes a LONG TIME.... she was busy PLAYING with some necklace instead of listening....she told me she wasn't getting dressed this morning until I put her JEWELRY on her and sit down on the floor in protest. I told her she could go to school in her PJs and put the jewelry on top of the fridge for the 'tude.....She is upstairs in tears and has declared me the worst most evil mother in the world.....Oh well...... at least yesterday she ate seconds of my meatloaf.... I have that memory to last me through the day.....

Tonight is going to be CHICKEN something or other.... what???? Don't know yet..... I need inspiration. What are you all having? I might copy someone today.....LOL

Old 12-04-2008, 05:53 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Good morning.... duking it out with the diva already..... I told her to go up and get dressed for school... usually takes a LONG TIME.... she was busy PLAYING with some necklace instead of listening....she told me she wasn't getting dressed this morning until I put her JEWELRY on her and sit down on the floor in protest. I told her she could go to school in her PJs and put the jewelry on top of the fridge for the 'tude.....She is upstairs in tears and has declared me the worst most evil mother in the world.....Oh well...... at least yesterday she ate seconds of my meatloaf.... I have that memory to last me through the day.....

Tonight is going to be CHICKEN something or other.... what???? Don't know yet..... I need inspiration. What are you all having? I might copy someone today.....LOL
You know, when I read some of your Diva tales, I keep wondering if you're my sister, because your Diva sure sounds an awful lot like my niece! I feel for you... hope she comes down off her high horse soon.

As for chicken, one of our favorites is Chicken Imperial. Mix 2 cups of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, a couple of teaspoons of garlic powder and half a teaspoon of black pepper. For the full-calorie version, roll your chicken pieces in melted butter, then in the crumb mixture and lay in a foil-lined pan. If Mr. S. is still doing the WW thing, you can skin his chicken piece, spray it with pan spray, lay it on the foil and sprinkle some of the crumbs over it. Bake as appropriate for the size of the chicken pieces: for bone-in, we figure an hour at 350, maybe an extra 10 minutes if the pieces are really huge.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:57 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Good morning all!

Well skbs we are having chicken fried steak but I am using cubed steaks. Your diva sodes are so smile forming reading them I only have to deal with those now occasionally. Usually when another "type" of mother comes to visit my DD.

elston Obama doesn't know what he is missing banning beets! What if somebody coming for a visit wanted their favorite veggie would he still ban that I wonder?

It is a whomping 25° here this morning. We didn't get any of the new snow they were calling for last night nor did we have the strong winds here like they predicted. Thank goodness this farmhouse and it's habitants don't like those strong winds.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:19 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Please, everyone take a moment and either say a prayer to your higher power and/or send positive thoughts to our friend here Nomadicus. He is going through a very hard time right now as his son's Dr. suspects his son may have pancreatic cancer. Nomadicus has told me I can share this with you so now is the time we need to stand by our friend. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your son Nomadicus!!!
I realize this is a food thread but it is also a place where we, as friends, gather and Nomadicus is a big part of our little communtiy here.....

Old 12-04-2008, 06:25 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
We have witnessed what the power of prayer can do in Cozy Inn this week and I have had NomaD, his wife and son in my thoughts and prayers all night. Blessings friend.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:29 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
{{{{{{{{{Nomad}}}}}}}}}}}}}} prayers for your whole family friend. I pray they are wrong with the dx. Please tell your son you have a whole bunch of friends standing to ward off satan's attacks all he needs to do is believe and hold his shield tightly to his body.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Nomadicus, also from my part of the world the best wishes and thoughts and prayers. May the cyber hugs from all these nice posters be with you and help you through this hard time!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Hi all! I am always late on CD due to work and time zones I hit a fork with the Mayhem bars. Well, what I mean is I found this recipe in the toll house treasure book I found at th thrift store. In it they are called Magic cookie bars, but it sounded like what the mayhem bar consisted of. So it may not be exact just similar
Tonight I had a shake for dinner. I ran my toosh off at work today. My feet hurt so I think the treadmill can wait till the A.M. I made my hub a meatball parm sand. Drool..... I didn't even cheat with a bite. He was satisfied.
Lacey I hope your hub is feeling better.
Skbs good job on dinner.
All this beet talk and different ways to make it was very interesting. I like beets. No one else in my house does. Good more for me. Hub thinks I am weird. He says that they taste like dirt ha ha ha ha. I told him I must like earthy flavors

Oh just a note... If I have had typos lately it is because someone left a icey pop on the desk and it's sticky juice found my key board...... Owell I'll just have to get another. Xmas is comming right?!
Amber, you don't need to buy a new keyboard you can wash the sticky away! Unplug it from your computer, take it to the sink and wash it with lukewarm water then lean it against the side of the sink to dry. If this takes too long keeping you away from this thread longer than you want you can also take a small flathead screw driver and "pop" off the keys that are yucky by lightly prying under them and just wash them, they pop right back on. If the yucky got down below the keys take a Q-Tip and some rubbing alchohol and clean with that all around the little posts that the keys sit on.
I used to be a computer repair tech and got paid big $$ doing just this thing.

The other neat thing is "most" if not all new keyboards are dishwasher safe so the manufacturers tell me but I've never been quite brave enough to do that. People should clean their keyboards at least once a year anyway, you'd not believe all the nasties that get between the keys like hair,skin dust and if you have kids well I won't go there since this is a food thread

Nomad, we are thinking of you here as well! Good thoughts from friends/neighbors DO work as evidenced by my neighbor who was very ill from a cancer that is 98% fatal. Many people here prayed for her and so far (over a year now) she's beaten it back! Stay strong, we'll keep the good thoughts coming for you!!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:50 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Nomad..for you and yours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink