Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Wow, gotta get out the shades to read this forum today - not one, not two, but THREE bright, shiny, new stars! Clearly the denizens of the foodie forum are "beyond repute," and our three new stars are fine examples.

Nomoresnow, your comments invariably get a grin out of me - you always have a great perspective to add.

Southdown, I really enjoy your far-side-of-the-pond perspective on a lot of the discussions here; you shake us out of our insularity and help us question our assumptions about so many things.

And Quiet Walker, you are quiet, but when you speak up, it is always to good purpose and with thought and insight. Your gentle descriptions of the memories invoked from food bring a rush of nostalgia over me as I read them.

It's no wonder that I spend more time here than any of the other forums; there are more great people here than anywhere else, and I appreciate every single one of you!
Here here, absolutely! Well said MWBW!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:42 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times
Debsi.......everyone is usually here when you need them....I have actually had to call out on a Holiday before.

Good Luck and I am sure everything will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Thanks everybody.

Brisket is in the cool new dutch oven, marinating. It'll marinate about a day and a half, then I'll cook it on Saturday. In this recipe you cook it the day before, let it cool, then slice it and warm it up before serving. With my dutch oven, I can do all that and only get one dish and one cutting board dirty!

Will have my pomegranate seeded on Saturday, and will go purchase bagels.

Salad dressing already made.

The IDEA is to relax and enjoy the day Sunday, but we have this big family thing to go to at my aunt's house at 11:30, so I know I will end up feeling pressed for time!

I will try to channel my C-D friends when I start to panic, and imagine your replies in friendly, large yellow letters.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:38 PM

135 posts, read 513,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Welcome to a fun little community of people who enjoy food and friendships. Tacos are a mainstay here! Sounds like a good dinner to me!
Thanks!

We ended up having Pizza Hut instead though! Guess I'll make the tacos tomorrow.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
I have to go back an read what's been written today in the morning, I'm bushed having cleared 2 feet of snow this AM and then another 6" tonight as well as some minor stuff. We had leftovers for dinner since I did the "hot and ready" pizza drive through thing for a late lunch.

Night all, take care and stay warm! I'm going to go dream about... You guessed it FOOOD!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:12 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
I see you all were chatty tonight! I got all my Christmas stocking stuffers, shopping and baking items D-O-N-E. If it didn't get "got" it ain't happening this year.

The goulash I made tonight will feed us tomorrow night too by design. We will get the biggest chunk of cookie baking done tomorrow and Saturday. That way we can deliver a couple of trays after church Sunday then to the local business folks on Monday.

Calling for a winter storm with ice tonight but the temp is 28° right now so nothing is happening.................. yet. In the grocery stores tonight you would think a blizzard is coming the way folks were nabbing the bread, milk and pop! One guy in front of me at the checkout had 25 2 liter bottles of pop, of course 5 of them were diet for the wife, but the checkout lady asked him if he was having a big party. He said no just getting it out of the way so he didn't have to keep running to the store. I asked him how long it would last his family he said one week!! I bet my family doesn't drink 25 2 liters in a year so this was shocking to me. That was all he had in his cart his total was $42 do you know what I could buy to feed my family on $42for a week? Oh my. Here is the rest of the story went to the gas station after I left the grocery while I was at the pump I look up and see people walking in and out of the store. Guess who walks out with 2 32 oz cups of pop in his hand??? Yep the same guy that just bought 50 liters of pop! Hope he has good dental insurance man this is blowing my mind and my apologies for any pop addicts on here I don't mean to offend you honest.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:24 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
I had a glass of eggnog and an oreo ball fo dinner. No time for real food today.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:27 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,358 times
Cooked steak, potatoes, sautéed spinach and salad, DH and our oldest boy were happy. DD at work again and the youngest boy is at friend's house. I was so hungry after working out, munched out on tons of veggie chips and was too full for dinner. Had some salad because I wanted to sit at the table with my boys.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
I just wrapped my last gift.... but then I realized I forgot the hot chocolate for the teachers gift that I was supposed to add to it for the final touch.... gotta run to Wegmans in the morning before I take Diva... buy the hot chocolate and a gift bag and stuff it all together for the final touches for the class gift.... ugh.....

Hubby LOVED the DISH I made tonight.... the watchamacallit thingy.... Don't know what I made.... but he liked it.... LOL SLOP! It was slop! LOL and he liked it

We are supposed to get dumped on tomorrow.... we will see what happens....they are talking it up but I think it is only a foot.... whoopty do..... nothing major. It is through the whole day not a few hours. We will be fine. But we will get hit hard again on Sunday..... I was crossing my fingers school would be cancled tomorrow ( a mom can wish)......

Old 12-18-2008, 09:37 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
We did barbequed pork chops on the broiler...steamed rice and some veggies...not too busy....going to get less and less through the rest of the week.....

Old 12-19-2008, 03:47 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Good morning all-it's a balmy 2 above, too dark to see if we had any accumulation. To think winter is not even officially here yet.

To all in snow's path stay safe and warm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink