Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 06:39 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Morning all-not sure-have to shop first and get inspiration.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Morning all!

skbs my head is spinning just reading your to do post!

cyn I am on well also I dread when things around here break down because I have to call somebody then pay big bucks to get it fixed.

We didn't have our chicken fried steaks last night so that will be supper tonight. We lost track of time putting up Christmas decorations and still don't have the tree up.

Lacey we are in our winter mode so shopping is usually in our freezer or cabinets. Of course I still have to buy fresh fruit, milk but the bulk is here for the feasting through the winter!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
I understand and that was my fear yesterday when our well broke down. I know what plummers get to drive out to our place not to even mention the repair once they get here. My DH does a lot of our home repairs but had no ideas about the well. All a person has to do is show him once and he gets it! Not like me! Ha! People out here where we live seem to help each other all the time. Seems they each know someone who knows how to do just about anything! I think they call it survival!!! It's wonderful!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:59 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Christmas shopping, food shopping, school stint, dentists and get the car in the shop. Then have to give my bike a spin, check it and fix it up for a big ride tomorrow - a 24 mile foodie ride! It's part of Edible Austin, promoting the city's Farmers' markets and producers, so we get to stop and sample on the way! Lovely idea

Best cook dinner this morning then! Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs to Nomad and his family

Old 12-05-2008, 07:00 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I understand and that was my fear yesterday when our well broke down. I know what plummers get to drive out to our place not to even mention the repair once they get here. My DH does a lot of our home repairs but had no ideas about the well. All a person has to do is show him once and he gets it! Not like me! Ha! People out here where we live seem to help each other all the time. Seems they each know someone who knows how to do just about anything! I think they call it survival!!! It's wonderful!!
Cyn my family understands your situation all too well. My Aunt and Uncle live out in the country near a rock quarry. Unfortunately all the drilling the quarry did, shifted the water table and they lost over the years, count em, 3 wells. Each time they had to drill deeper and deeper. Being a child when all this occurred, I can't imagine what all that costs. You are very lucky your neighbors were able to help.

Back on topic, tonight for dinner, I am thinking sloppy joes. If I get my cleaning done in a timely manner that is. Hubby comes home tonight and he wouldn't be happy to see the shape the house is in right now. If cleaning isn't complete, fish sticks for the kids, and high octane coffee for me. LOL

Old 12-05-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank goodness for good neighbours and clever hubbies!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:27 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Last night it was time for "Peasant's breakfast" (like an omelette):
slices of potatoes fried in a bit of oil
3-4 eggs mixed with salt and pepper
salami in cubes, onion cubes and pickeld cucumbers in cubes - fried in some oil
in shallow pan: put egg mixture in it, add potatoes on top of the egg, scatter the salami/onion/cucumber mix over it all, put a slice of cheese on top and bake till eggs are not liquid anymore. Take out of the pan and fold in half.

Oooooooooooo that sounds good!

I don't recall ever having a dish generally labeled 'peasant food' that I didn't enjoy. Sometimes I'm truly amazed at what a few simple ingredients can yield, really great bread and pirogi being high on that list

Old 12-05-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Last night it was time for "Peasant's breakfast" (like an omelette)
That sounds sooo good. I used to live in Berlin and I remember the breakfasts... HUGE!!! Bauernfruhstuck was my fave.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Cyn my parents too have well water and that has happened a couple of times to them also.
Great neighbors you have.
Didn't have the scallops last night because we went out. Margaritas were great until I had to get up this morning. Sooooooooooooo scallops tonight.
I have to cut up and marinate 20 lbs. of chicken wings today for our family Xmas party tomorrow. The end product is great but it is a pain as I cut the tips off and cut the wing in half.....
May I ask why you cut the tips off? I've never done that but there's got to be a reason I'm sure...
That gives me an idea I think I've got a big pack of wings in the freezer so maybe that'll be dinner... I bought a few bottles of Quaker Steak and Lube wing sauce online (since the closest one is about 2000 miles away) and we looooove it!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times
Tonight we are having crispy baked chicken thighs, stir-fried kale, and rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink