Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 04:09 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times

Advertisements

Oh dear! I had pages to read to catch up I enjoyed them all! First thing I want to say is I am very PROUD of Cyn! Then thank all you guys and gals for keeping her chin up with words of encouagement. I appreciate it! Lacey my little R&R trip was very nice and to top it off I come home a 100$s richer WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Although I do not need another cocktail for a long while ha ha I really had a blast. No cooking... Tonight I have to figure something out... I have bacon, left over mashed potatos, and stuffing... any ideas? I missed you all !!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:10 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Highlands Gal, you and your family are in my thoughts.

The Swiss Steak turned out great. DH really liked it, and I never mentioned the over-application of Wocestershire Sauce!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Oh dear! I had pages to read to catch up I enjoyed them all! First thing I want to say is I am very PROUD of Cyn! Then thank all you guys and gals for keeping her chin up with words of encouagement. I appreciate it! Lacey my little R&R trip was very nice and to top it off I come home a 100$s richer WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Although I do not need another cocktail for a long while ha ha I really had a blast. No cooking... Tonight I have to figure something out... I have bacon, left over mashed potatos, and stuffing... any ideas? I missed you all !!
Well lady I'm glad you didn't hug and kiss any of those trees on the slopes...Glad you are home safe and ready to deal with the bacon. Mine for dinner tonight was sure good...

Old 12-28-2008, 04:15 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,809,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
After last nights feast I'm at a loss for tonight so far. Pizza sounds good. Maybe just a plain cheese pizza. I do have lots of time to modify that idea still...
some mushrooms and sliced tomatoes spinach feta cheese yum you will have a winner on your hands

Old 12-28-2008, 04:16 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,809,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
potatoe bacon pancakes with chooped green onion and a bit of shredded cheese good to see you Amberbaby

Old 12-28-2008, 04:32 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Might be a virus here , I seem to have come down with the same cold so many others have.

Local fruit/veggie place had 2 bunches of asparagus for a buck the other day giving me lots of asparagus and little ambition. I got 2 sunnyside up eggs crispy around the edges in olive oil and put them over some diced ham and asparagus. 1000mg of Vitamin C for dessert and dinner's done

Old 12-28-2008, 04:36 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,737,078 times
Tonight's menu... Tacos!! Yummy!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
I forgot to defrost anything for dinner. There's salad and there's canned chicken, canned salmon, canned tuna, canned veggies, canned anything.

Guess dinner is in the can!

My cold is the weirdest. One nostril stuffed. My eyes burn a little, I sneeze a bit, but I'm pretty much doing everything as usual. Just a couple of tylenols once a day to keep the body aches at a distance. I don't know if it's that I got a flu shot or that I don't smoke but this is NUTTIN compared to the colds I used to get.

Take care Burdell. You dinner sounds good to me!

Amber, good to see you again! Missed you.

Everyone else.........missed you too.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:17 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Good evening foodies! We stayed in town after church longer than I thought we would. Didn't get to go to Applebees as half the couple we were going with was home sick. So we got pizza took it to their place and visited all afternoon.

jimj no Costco around our parts. We have some avocados in the grocery stores but they are an off brand and rock hard. They never seem to ripen up no matter how long I leave them on the counter. You did a fabulous job explaining scalloped potatoes BTW!

MWBW sounds like your MIL did what I call "shopping from home". I try to use up what is in our freezer and cabinets that we have stocked up for winter~~usually stuff falling out. Either in Jan or Feb so then I can unplug the freezer to defrost then wash it down good inside and out. Need it to still be cold outside as I sit the food in coolers out there while I do it.

daytripper colds just seem to have to run their course don't they? Feel better soon in your family.

Lacey I can make a weekly menu and I don't think I have ever stuck to it! Somebody around here always says "this or that sounds good" then I go off course to make it.

kelsie why do some of you on this thread call tomato sauce gravy please? When I need to reheat meat I slice it then set it in a pan, set that into a pan with very hot water let it sit on the counter for a few minutes then pop it all into a hot oven 450° right quick. Comes out hot and not dry at all. I of course pour over any juice or gravy so it is all heated up at the same time. southdown had a good idea too.

HG my condolences for your grandma's passing. Bummer you will miss the big get together with your friends have them take lots of pictures for you. There will be other concerts I am sure you will be able to go to though.

amber glad you had a fun time and you are back safely!

We had the rest of the potato soup for supper. One kid had ham with theirs. Not much else left in the fridge now so it will be back to cooking again soon. I will make the scalloped potatoes and ham probably tomorrow, that will be the end of the ham this time I think.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM

272 posts, read 621,135 times
What's for dinner tonight?

I'm making baked honey-garlic salmon topped with fresh garlic, scallion and pineapple. For a side, I'm having mixed veggies. No bread (which is actually a weakness for me). Baking at 400 for about 25 minutes. I'll post a picture of the final product. :-)

Here's the salmon before I put it in the oven

Salmon's done -- Time to chow like a cow!

Last edited by ronaldl79; 12-28-2008 at 06:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink