Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times

Advertisements

Elston my son had lobster traps which are expensive and someone cut them and took them all of course with the lobsters in them.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:52 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
southdown, I feel for you. I hate moving. An overseas move must be even more "fun", what with customs and all. And the cost of shipping stuff! Ouch! But, hey, if you were going to do it anyway, why not get a little bit extra $$ out of it?

Best of luck. You'll still visit us online, right?

Old 12-29-2008, 01:11 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,915 times
Quote:
Day 10--no smoking! I don't know if it's just me or what but my sleep patterns are really weird since I quit smoking. I have been staying awake until 11:30 pm and sleeping in until 7:00 am..that is unheard of for me. I'm usually asleep by 9:30-10-00 pm and up by 5:30-6:00 am. What's with that?? I am taking all of your good advise and going to continue using the patch for awhile. It's hard enough with the urges with the patch so I'm not going to do anything to mess me up now! I figure getting through 10 days is pretty good and it has just got to get easier soon. Days do seem long...........I was reading about how quickly your body starts healing itself and it is so amazing. It just gives me more strength knowing that!
I haven't been on in awhile so I am just getting around to telling you.....WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!.

April will be 3 years for me. I smoked for over 30. It was very hard and my body went through many changes. Couldn't sleep, body hurt, depression......to many things to name. My dr. had me on like 5 different meds. I was off all that sometime during that first year.

Very important to use the patch like they say. Step down gradually. Something else that really helped me was a website called quitnet.com. I still get emails from them. Here's an example of one from last week.

Hello Jessiegee40!
Your Quit Date is: Monday, April 24, 2006 at 9:00:00 AM Time Smoke-Free: 974 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes and 49 seconds Cigarettes NOT smoked: 19496 Lifetime Saved: 4 months, 28 days, 22 hours Money Saved: $4,046.25
WHO'S BETTER THAN YOU TODAY?
You've made it! A whole 32 months without a cigarette! In that time, you've successfully navigated the physical chaos of withdrawal, the emotional highs and lows of early quit, and the pitfalls of relapse!
Countless times you've refused the offered cigs. More times than that you've craved nicotine, but opted for health, instead. You've endured teasing, lack of support, and feeling uncomfortable and out of place among smokers. You may have had issues with weight, anger, tension or sadness, but still you stayed SMOKE-FREE!
You're adjusting to a whole new lifestyle. You're already thinking different thoughts. You've changed habits and routines. You've made new friends and, perhaps, let go of some old ones. You're starting to realize the benefits of living a SMOKE-FREE life. More and more, you see yourself as a non-smoker. We hope you're as proud of you as we are.
And while you've been doing all this for yourself, you've been helping everyone here at the Q: your membership in our community, whether active or passive, has demonstrated an ongoing support of the efforts of all of us. We hope you stay with us as you continue your SMOKE-FREE journey to a fuller, richer, healthier life.

They have forums on there also so that you can talk to people going thru the same thing as you.

This will probably be one of the hardest things you have ever gone through. I still think I want a cigarette sometimes but I KNOW I'm done.

The motto is, NOPE, Not One Puff Ever.

Good luck to you. IM me if you need to talk or need incorragement!!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:12 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
southdown, I feel for you. I hate moving. An overseas move must be even more "fun", what with customs and all. And the cost of shipping stuff! Ouch! But, hey, if you were going to do it anyway, why not get a little bit extra $$ out of it?

Best of luck. You'll still visit us online, right?
I surely will visit online, just try and stop me!

Packing shouldn't be too bad - the company provides the full moving service so we just watch them pack, and they unpack at the other end! But we do have to think about what we need to pack in our suitcases, to keep ourselves in clothes and stuff for the 4-6 weeks whilst everything is on a ship!....

Thinking of doing a road trip across the US during that time, driving from TX to NYC... I am secretly planning it around food, don't tell the DH

Old 12-29-2008, 01:16 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
SD what an exciting trip that would be!!! Think of all the good things you can try and end with NY Pizza!LOL

Old 12-29-2008, 01:25 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
SD what an exciting trip that would be!!! Think of all the good things you can try and end with NY Pizza!LOL
I have been looking online all day, trying to work out a route that takes in all the famous foodie places - any tips???!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
The last Christmas company just went home, the guestrooms are all straightened, and the cats have come out of hiding. Tonight I need a 180 degree flip from holiday leftovers (well, maybe a piece of pie).
I think I'll make a hot italian sausage, pasta and tomato concoction, with a tossed salad.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:30 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
SouthD why not start a new thread giving your route and see what happens.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:30 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Default Rustlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Elston my son had lobster traps which are expensive and someone cut them and took them all of course with the lobsters in them.
That is a lot like cattle rustling or horse theivery......could lead to a very bad end!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:31 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,915 times
Default Just make sure you don't leave us Cyn

Cyn - The people on that quitnet forum are very nice also. Just make sure you don't leave us in the dust and stay on their forum all the time. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink