Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 11:32 AM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times

Advertisements

Good morning/afternoon all
Highlandsgal So sorry for your loss. Enjoy the time with your family as much as you can. After a while you'll be back on that horse
Day 10 good for you mom
Jaxs good call where is Debsi? We want to know how that briskett turned out
Nomad you be careful with that soup, and stay away from the microwave he he he
Lacey that menue of your's is awsome!!!
Southdown sending you energy filled wishes!!!
Vpcats I understand it takes me a while to get out of the house too
SKBS how fun her first sleep over. My mom dreaded these ha ha ha. One year she rented a tent and put it on the back acre....Good times!!

Dinner will be spag...it has been cold here and that sounds good to me. Oh yeah I was digging in my purse and found a 25 dollar chip winking at me woooooohoooooo doing a little dance! Told ya'll I had enough cocktails he he So I am 125$ richer

Last edited by amberbaby27; 12-29-2008 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: BOLD

Old 12-29-2008, 11:34 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
southdown what is "volunteer for redundancy"? Oh I don't envy you having to move across the ocean!
Means the company will be making layoffs anyway, so they give the workers who are happy to leave a chance to apply/volunteer and get laid off, take the money and run!!!

My DH works for a huge company and they are laying off 12% of the workforce in the next few months

Even if you don't apply you may get laid off anyway, with less of a good deal - or you might not... bit of a gamble! We want to go home within the next 6 months anyway, so thought we'd just take the cash and go quietly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Southdown sending you energy filled wishes!!!
Dinner will be spag...it has been cold here and that sounds good to me. Oh yeah I was digging in my purse and found a 25 dollar chip winking at me woooooohoooooo doing a little dance! Told ya'll I had enough cocktails he he So I am 125$ richer
Thanks! I'll need it...Congrats on the winnings, weee heeee!!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:08 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Hi all,

I am at the library on the computer while my husband is at an appointment. So what else to do but "try" and catch up with all of you wonderful food people. I have gained 5 lbs since Thanksgiving so I will be making some bland meals. Maybe Elston and Lacey can give me some lo cal recipes. Of course I can't get Lobster where I live. I don't think most of the people here have even tried lobster.

MWBW- You are not a downer. Christmas is really about the kids. For adults it is usually very stressful. My husband and I have been so busy trying to get our house built and finished this year that we didn't celebrate our anniversary, my birthday, or Christmas. Next year we will at least have a "small" tree for the grandkids.

HG- Enjoy your visit.

Cyn- Keep up the good work. I am so glad your keyboard dried out. I know I would be lost without my computer.

vpcat- Yeah x-mas is for the kids but boy I really like all the food. As you can tell because now I have to diet and I got a cavity.

jimj- At least you can find lobster where you are. It's not even sold in my local stores. Not even frozen. I couldn't even find Panko for breading.

skbs- Have a great time tonight. How many are going?

SD- Congratulations. Try not to stress about the packing. Get a bunch of boxes and start now. Pack one box a day. Get rid of what you don't want or need. If you do just a little everyday it won't seem so overwhelming.

Lacey- Being from NY I call Boneless Chicken Breast cutlets. Locally they have never heard of cutlets. Kind of like the difference between supper, dinner, and lunch.

Amber- Woo hoo. Congrats on your winnings. So, what are you going to splurge on?

I hope all of you have a great day. Tonight I am making Broiled flounder and veggies for me and fried flounder for my hubby. Does anyone know if I can bread the flounder and then bake it.

Anyone heard from Kat?

I hope my spelling is good. No spell check at the library but boy this internet flies.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:13 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
southdown I thought maybe that was the case we call it voluntary layoffs here. I don't blame you I would take the money and run as well! The enconomy in the USA is not going to recover over night once Obama is in office like a lot of folks thinks it will. It will get better but our problems have been longer than just with GW Bush in office. I would like to kick all our elected to the curb and impart term limits. But that is another topic for another thread.

amber I am thinking about some kind of pasta for New Year's eve to go along with all the finger foods we will be grazing on all night.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Young Lisa-what I do is breadcrumb the filet and pan saute in a little olive oil. Better than broiled and not as greasy as deep fried. Don't diet-change lifestyle, that's what I did and do not deprive yourself totally.

Thanx just realized Kats is missing but wasn't she going to the cabin for Christmas?

Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
jimj- At least you can find lobster where you are. It's not even sold in my local stores. Not even frozen. I couldn't even find Panko for breading.
Whew glad to know I am not the only one on this thread living in po dunk country! elston was kind enough to send me a picture of Panko to take to the stores around here! We have live lobsters floating in the bottom of a tank at our Wal Mart I have never witnessed any of them getting choosen to go home with shoppers though. I will see how they are next time we go.

I am like vcats given a choice of lobster or shrimp I will take the shrimp. But then again I have never had fresh, fresh lobster either.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:24 PM

Thanks Lacey.

I'm sure a lot of people are away for the Holidays. Boy do they have a lot of catching up to do.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:25 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Default Lobstah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I make a motion that Elston should become the Lobster supplier to the C-D whats for dinner board!!! Who seconds the motion?
Heck I'd send a check for the lobdudes and 2nd day air shipping in a heartbeat!!!!
Anything beats the $30 a pound for FROZEN lobster or $35 for one at superwalmart.
There are lots of sites from which you can order and have lobsters delivered to your home....but the price of shipping eats up the savings that we are experiencing here right now. Live Lobsters - Maine Lobster Direct

Lobstering is a very hard job.....I feel badly that the fishermen are suffering economic downturn....so I am trying to do my part. We had 6
1 3/4 lobsters last night.....in the rough.....fun and delicous.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:32 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Nothing decided for sure on dinner yet. I got into my stash of chocolate the grand kids gave me and have lost interest in dinner for the moment...

Old 12-29-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Whew glad to know I am not the only one on this thread living in po dunk country! elston was kind enough to send me a picture of Panko to take to the stores around here! We have live lobsters floating in the bottom of a tank at our Wal Mart I have never witnessed any of them getting choosen to go home with shoppers though. I will see how they are next time we go.

I am like vcats given a choice of lobster or shrimp I will take the shrimp. But then again I have never had fresh, fresh lobster either.
At least you have a Wal-Mart lol. I do love lobster tail but the closest I'll get is Red Lobster about an hour away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
There are lots of sites from which you can order and have lobsters delivered to your home....but the price of shipping eats up the savings that we are experiencing here right now. Live Lobsters - Maine Lobster Direct

Too expensive.

Lobstering is a very hard job.....I feel badly that the fishermen are suffering economic downturn....so I am trying to do my part. We had 6
1 3/4 lobsters last night.....in the rough.....fun and delicous.
It is tough and I feel really bad for all the people who are caught up in our bad times.
Just keep rubbing it in. Before you know it all of us are going to show at your door for a lobster dinner. I'm still trying to talk my DH into a coastal road trip this summer. I better loose a lot of weight before then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink