Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 03:29 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $DFW8$ View Post
Your friend will be in our prayers!
Thank you so very much and she's doing much better. Blessings and welcome.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:30 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,434,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thank you so very much and she's doing much better. Blessings and welcome.
You are very welcome! I am glad to hear she is doing better!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:59 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
southdown see I have loved you too much in the past can't even rep ya for your 1,000th post!

I can picture you, now as your DH is driving, posting away to us all on your foodie adventure! "Oh honey back up I just lost the wireless signal I must finish this post my foodie friends are waiting".
Quote:
Just sitting here starving from the smell of the ribs slow cooking. Baked pots are also in slow cooking. Corn for Mr. L, spinach salad for me.

I watch Guy Fieri just for pure torture-it builds character for me to not lick the TV screen.

LOL!!! Will have to stay online for my daily fix of foodie laughter

Old 12-29-2008, 04:00 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $DFW8$ View Post
Your friend will be in our prayers!
Thank you for caring - how sweet of you

Old 12-29-2008, 04:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
I watch Guy Fieri just for pure torture-it builds character for me to not lick the TV screen.
See now that is why I love it here one of us can say something like that and we all get it! Before Thanksgiving we were going to an Amish restaurant we hadn't been to for awhile up north taking friends that had never gone. I found the restaurant online one night looking at all the pictures of their home made food. I told my kids the next day I broke off a tooth bumping my mouth up against my computer screen trying to take a bite. They all came over to look in my mouth!

Then at church I was telling a lady the same story she asked to see my tooth!

Old 12-29-2008, 04:03 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Oh goodie--our very own "reality-show" right here by southdown!! Sounds like the best entertainmant around!! Count me in!!

Old 12-29-2008, 04:18 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,037 times
Good Evening Foodie Friends: Boy do the pages pile up, I haven't read any since last night. I will try to catch up after dinner. I hope everyone had a nice day.
I just heated up the baked lasagna which I made for Christmas Eve, there was so much food I put it in the freezer. So now it is resting and the gravy and meatballs are simmering on the stove.

Southdown I saw your post for me from last evening. I sliced up button mushrooms and 1/2 of a Vadallia onion, sauteed them in unsalted butter and when they were almost done threw in some burgundy wine, simmered for about 5 mins. to a 50% reduction.

I am going to catch up on the posts and see you all after supper. kelsie

Old 12-29-2008, 04:25 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I surely will visit online, just try and stop me!

Packing shouldn't be too bad - the company provides the full moving service so we just watch them pack, and they unpack at the other end! But we do have to think about what we need to pack in our suitcases, to keep ourselves in clothes and stuff for the 4-6 weeks whilst everything is on a ship!....

Thinking of doing a road trip across the US during that time, driving from TX to NYC... I am secretly planning it around food, don't tell the DH
Great idea! And I like Lacey's thought to start a thread on it. Wish I could suggest someplace for you.

No supper tonite. We're both having some stomach issues. I don't know whether it's from all the stuff we've been eating over the holidays or the trip to DQ for lunch, but, man did it hit hard and quick.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,037 times
Well, the lasagna that was resting on the counter is still partially frozen, so it's back in the 450 oven for awhile.

Southdown, I read your post what a great thing for you and your family moving home, that's wonderful news.

Cyn: day 10 way to go

MWBW: you are not alone in the Christmas decorating dept. before we moved, I had 2 trees, the wrapping paper for the presents had to match the Victorian ornaments on the trees, every year the decorations became more and more. This year we have the tree up but very little decorations, funny how people celebrate differently. With the grandchildren 500 mi. away, it isn't the same. We have to have the tree upstairs with a gate so the "furry child" doesn't tear it down.

Elston: I got an email from our "Fresh Market" (I really have to stay out of that store) my husband said he is going to set up a Fresh Market AA lol.
They are supporting the lobster men from Maine and have 2 Maine Lobster tails for $15.00, and No. Carolina large shrimp $12.99 lb. I will be there tomorrow. dh said "that's a big surprise"!

Amber: so good to see you back, glad you enjoyed your trip.

Time to check the lasagna---again.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:35 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I have been looking online all day, trying to work out a route that takes in all the famous foodie places - any tips???!!!

I haven't had the pleasure.........................yet

But everything I've ever heard/read says the Cajun area of LA is a don't miss for food lovers.

And NY? Whatever you seek can probably be found there, from restaurants fit for royalty (and probably visited by them at one time) to tiny little 2 table ethnic storefronts. Great city and a wonderful place to chase food wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink