Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 09:15 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Cyn-that's great-each day that passes is fantastic.

OMG our temp has dropped 21 deg in little over an hour. Just looking at it makes me cold. Plus don't have much fat left on these bones to keep me warm.
Lacey I think I know where there is some fat to be shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Good Morning all....

I see I am not the only one with no clue what's for dinner. I marinated steak tips the other night so maybe them but I have to go out tonight.
My daughter is at the Elizabeth Grady school to become an esthetician (sp) and she has to do 16 hours this week so tonight is free facial night so she can practice. Sadly (hehehehe) I will be a volunteer.
I am a member of the clueless club again today.. Maybe I will have a vision in the afternoon nap...

Great going cyn...Keep up the good work.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
case just keep trying you will get your waffles perfected.

jimj he valued your opinion even in his field of expertise! Now that is saying something about you man!

MWBW when ex was still here our property was lit up we had traffic driving by all season out here in the country. It took some real strength not to carry on the traditions once he left but the kids and I did the best we could inside. Now this year with the tree trouble we had then day after Christmas all the decorations were packed away I hear ya! We put the big wreath on the front porch that was our only outside decoration. I told my kids once they are raised I just want a table top tree to set out and my nice nativity scene. The rest they can divide up and have, believe me there is plenty. At one point we put up 5 trees in different rooms!

cyn we have a rule here any drinks on the computer desk have to have a lid on them. In fact now that I am not smoking at the computer I have noticed my mug's lid stinks of smoke~~that is a good thing maybe it will help me quit.Don't think I could ever quit my mug of water habit. Take the money you used for smokes and put it up to buy you something really nice with it that will be an extra incentive!

elston get up in the middle of the night to smoke???? I am not that addicted thank goodness. You should stand proud being a once 4 pack a day smoker!

vpcats are chicken cutlets just boneless chicken breasts? I see cutlets in a lot of posts here.

Lacey thanks for the 'gravy' explanation I like to know what others call foods that I call something else. At first on this thread I read gravy I thought ya all were putting white or brown gravy on pasta!

nik enjoy your meal and time with your friend tonight.

Anybody know where Debsi is?

We have been dragging here today none of us are too anxious to get to our chores. We are headed to the bank and library though then I will come back to do some cleaning. We are having the scalloped potatoes with ham for sure tonight. Think I will see if I can combine some of the cookie containers to get those big things washed up and put away too.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
I'm thinking about trying my hand at making beef and barley soup tonight from the rib bones out of the roast. Being unsupervised this may or may not be dinner.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:51 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Morning all!

Lots of planning to do here - on how to use up a pantry and freezer full of food as we are now pretty sure we are leaving Texas and heading home to the UK within the next 2-3 months! DH is going to volunteer for redundancy and hopefully it will all happen quite fast... we'll see...

So I am not buying anything except fresh food - the shipping co won't take any kind of foodstuffs or liquids, not even salt and spices... so it will all get donated or thrown away if I can't use it

Tonight is chicken something - I cooked and de-boned a chicken yesterday, and made stock with the carcass - now what to make with it...

Old 12-29-2008, 09:54 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Oh SouthDown that was a quick decision! Are you besides yourself with happiness?

Jax-good catch-where is Debsi??????

Old 12-29-2008, 10:00 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Southdown..do you have an cream of mushroom and cream of celery?

Just take that a little green pepper mushrooms if you have them pimento is even better.
Heat on stove add chicken and have over toast or mashed potato.

Chicken a la King! DO NOT add water or milk.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:03 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Lacey - mixed emotions - looking forward to having my own house and garden back, not looking forward to the workload of packing, planning etc involved in shifting a household overseas but I'm lazy...

Debsi hasn't been around for a week or so, last I remember she was fretting about feeding a huge party of company. Will check....

Old 12-29-2008, 10:13 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
Jaxson yes... cutlets =s boneless breasts. I never even thought EVERYONE didn't call them cutlets, or maybe I'm one of the few that do . Whatever.....it's food and it means cooking!

I'm on my way out now.... I have no idea why it takes me 5 hrs to get out of the house when I'm not working. Now I have to cram it all in to get back in time for doggies' dinners. Theirs come first or my legs and arms will be sorry.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Jaxson yes... cutlets =s boneless breasts. I never even thought EVERYONE didn't call them cutlets, or maybe I'm one of the few that do . Whatever.....it's food and it means cooking!

I'm on my way out now.... I have no idea why it takes me 5 hrs to get out of the house when I'm not working. Now I have to cram it all in to get back in time for doggies' dinners. Theirs come first or my legs and arms will be sorry.
It's funny how different things are called different names in different parts of the country. Chicken cutlets is sort of an east coast term for boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
southdown what is "volunteer for redundancy"? Oh I don't envy you having to move across the ocean!

Nomad beef barley soup is not hard to make I have confidence you will be fine doing that unsupervised.

vcats that seems easier than saying we are having boneless, skinless chicken breasts!

Yep I have been watching for Debsi waiting to see if she had some ham tacos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink