Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 05:36 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I've just finished dinner. Simple but it hit the spot. Creamy, Cheesy, full of crumbled bacon tomato soup...
mmm very comforting
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Well Southdowns recipe for the rib roast was just perfect, thank you again.
We had riced mashed potatoes, b. sprouts, sauteed onions and mushrooms in burgundy wine/butter sauce
glad it turned out OK! Can we have the mushroom recipe please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
.. I have bacon, left over mashed potatos, and stuffing... any ideas? I missed you all !!
Welcome back Amber Roll the bacon around stuffing balls and bake till crispy, then pour off the juices (ok, fat ) and use it to cook potato patties in - which would be nice with green onion or cabbage mixed in. A fried egg on top and you'll have a good truckers' breakfast for dinner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
The Swiss Steak turned out great. DH really liked it, and I never mentioned the over-application of Wocestershire Sauce!
What did you have with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
potatoe bacon pancakes with chooped green onion and a bit of shredded cheese good to see you Amberbaby
Good idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Might be a virus here , I seem to have come down with the same cold so many others have.

Local fruit/veggie place had 2 bunches of asparagus for a buck the other day giving me lots of asparagus and little ambition. I got 2 sunnyside up eggs crispy around the edges in olive oil and put them over some diced ham and asparagus. 1000mg of Vitamin C for dessert and dinner's done
Sounds yum, hope it helps shift the cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
My cold is the weirdest. One nostril stuffed. My eyes burn a little, I sneeze a bit, but I'm pretty much doing everything as usual. Just a couple of tylenols once a day to keep the body aches at a distance. I don't know if it's that I got a flu shot or that I don't smoke but this is NUTTIN compared to the colds I used to get.

I've had the same thing, stinging eyes and sinus, yuk, sneezing and feeling a bit wiped out. Better now...inhaling steam was the best thing, with Vicks or Olbas oil in it - !!! but effective.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:38 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Amber-welcome back-missed you-no broken bones is good!!

Jaxson-no kids home-no problem-I can now plan.

I'm freezing and have to get to the down and jammies. G'nite all.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Amber-welcome back-missed you-no broken bones is good!!

Jaxson-no kids home-no problem-I can now plan.

I'm freezing and have to get to the down and jammies. G'nite all.
Night Lacey, snug up warm

Old 12-28-2008, 06:18 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli casserole, homemade noodles, pumpkin pie.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Chicken and rice, green beans, choc pudding

Old 12-28-2008, 06:29 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
I' m flying in Lacey. Can you pick me up?

I grilled Hebrew National hot dogs while watching the Panthers/Saints game (got my Pathers shirt on), chicken salad and potato salad & the rest of the pepper salad from Christmas Eve.
Hebrew National hot dogs are the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Well....bad luck continues.
I am so sorry about your grandmother.

burdell and vpcats- I hope you both feel better.

My dh loved the leftover Turkey and gravy. He got a big bowl.

I'm thinking of trying 1 new recipe(dinner) each week for the New Year. I have been clipping and saving recipes for years and I never seem to get around to making any. Maybe I'll start a new thread for "new" recipes.

Have a good night all.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,809,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Might be a virus here , I seem to have come down with the same cold so many others have.

Local fruit/veggie place had 2 bunches of asparagus for a buck the other day giving me lots of asparagus and little ambition. I got 2 sunnyside up eggs crispy around the edges in olive oil and put them over some diced ham and asparagus. 1000mg of Vitamin C for dessert and dinner's done
yum, I do without the ham (highblood pressure) but that is how I eat

Old 12-28-2008, 07:10 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Tonight saw me having a Schlotzsky's original with some barbecue-flavor potato chips.

Now, for those of you wondering how my waffle iron "grand opening experiment" came out, it was unsuccessful at first, but I had some extra mix and another half-side, so I got to redeem myself. This will take some practice, but it was better the second time around for my morning waffles.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Tonight saw me having a Schlotzsky's original with some barbecue-flavor potato chips.

Now, for those of you wondering how my waffle iron "grand opening experiment" came out, it was unsuccessful at first, but I had some extra mix and another half-side, so I got to redeem myself. This will take some practice, but it was better the second time around for my morning waffles.
You know, one has to season one's pan before waffle success can be achieved.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:21 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
You know, one has to season one's pan before waffle success can be achieved.
Oh, it was greased prior to heating. It's just that the first batch had seen the cover raised too soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink