Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Did someone say S&V Chips
I thought you got on the S&V wagon? Didn't you learn better the last time?? Or was it the jalapeno chips that did ya in? You really need to eat a real dinner and not the whole bag for dinner ya know? Just kidding. I don't think you did that did you??

Old 08-29-2008, 06:27 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
You are all going to make me make meatloaf at some point either Saturday or Monday. Sunday I'm eating OUT!

Every time I tell my BF we're going to eat out, he starts taking the pots, plates, utensils out to the backyard.

But this time I'm going to the Keys to eat with or without him! The only problem is that they're saying the weather might not be too good. Gonna have a talk with Mr. Weather. This is a 3 day weekend! Have to take those seriously for a few more years still.

I made a meatloaf a couple of weeks ago which, if I say so myself, was AWESOME.

I have actually started to cook a few things since I've been hanging out over here.

Tonight I made the pork tenderloins using NMS' recipe but I also threw in some red wine and a little teriyaki sauce. I must say it came out very, very good although I need to modify the searing a little bit. Next time. I still have another piece in the freezer.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post

Every time I tell my BF we're going to eat out, he starts taking the pots, plates, utensils out to the backyard.
Does he understand your definition of eating out? Maybe his means outside on the patio.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:34 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Does he understand your definition of eating out? Maybe his means outside on the patio.
Oh he knows exactly what my definition is. The first time he did that I thought it was funny. Now he thinks his routine is funny all the time and I let him know it AIN'T!

He doesn't get very far any more.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:42 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I thought you got on the S&V wagon? Didn't you learn better the last time?? Or was it the jalapeno chips that did ya in? You really need to eat a real dinner and not the whole bag for dinner ya know? Just kidding. I don't think you did that did you??
Well.......

LOL... no... thought about it... but no...

they both did me in... it is all the grease... but I just can't stay away... glutton for punishment... chips are the one thing I can't say no to...

Old 08-29-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Well.......

they both did me in... it is all the grease... but I just can't stay away... glutton for punishment... chips are the one thing I can't say no to...
I know about those weaknesses. Just left the new dessert thread and I'm much weaker at the moment. After a healthy (well sort of) dinner I had to go and see those temptations.

I had some burger baked beans and fresh tomato for dinner. Have a fruit salad of grapes, peaches, and cantaloupe coming up soon.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:02 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Breakfast for dinner: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, fried potato chunks with season salt, biscuits, unsweet tea and for dessert...cherry pie.

The cholesterol special, except for the pie.

Happy and safe weekend, all.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Default Duck Fat

Quote:
Well.......

There is a highly recommended resturant in town here called "Duck Fat"; their specialty is their french fries (Belgian) fried in Duck Fat. I havent been there yet but I am told it is really good.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:14 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Whatever you can find in the refrig!!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:17 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
There is a highly recommended resturant in town here called "Duck Fat"; their specialty is their french fries (Belgian) fried in Duck Fat. I havent been there yet but I am told it is really good.
French Fries of any kind... I am there... don't care how they are fried... give me some salt and ketchup and I am one happy camper... potatoes deep fried of any sort put a smile on my face and a happy tummy Well, happy while I am eating it at least LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink