Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 04:51 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Are you kidding me? Who doesn't?
Mr. CSD and I don't and in the 15+ years we have been together we never have. We will have some form of potato from time to time but not scheduled daily, weekly or monthly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 04:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Who eats fries twice a week or more?
Right??!! Once a month, maybe.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:04 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
This is stupid. It's not fries that are specifically the problem. It's carbs in general.
Not really. It's the whole behavior of the typical person who eats fries many times per week. If they're eating fries, they're also eating all the other dollar menu food. They're probably not getting exercise. Salt. Fat. Obesity. Hypertension/heart disease. Diabetes.

If you're burning them off, you can eat fries every day as long as you're otherwise eating nutritious foods. You'll sweat that salt right out. Your system will metabolize that fryalator oil and the junk carbs.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:09 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldoak2000 View Post
yeah, but 100% of the people who eat NOTHING over a period of eight years ALL DIE!

I'll take mine with EXTRA ketchup, PLEASE!!

LMAO, no kidding. Matter of fact ,last I checked the surgeon general had done a comprehensive study and the irrefutable conclusion was that life WILL lead to death for everyone. Wow, whoda thunk. We are all under the exact same risk of death when we get up in the morning. As for fries, I like them. I like fried potatoes in general. Hah browns, home fries and such. I use olive oil when I make them, and they aren't a steady thing though.

I suppose my pork fried rice would make the nutrition Nazis cringe. I get really good , high quality bacon and fry up a couple pounds in my iron skillet. Saute' up some pork tenderloin with the veggies mixed in in garlic, olive oil and other spices. Then I make the rice, (steamed up good and sticky) then get the bacon grease hot and fry it up adding the tenderloin mix in right at the end and mixing well.

Oh yes, quite tasty. I'm sure frying the rice in the bacon grease is a serious no no, but some things just work. I do try and eat as healthy as I can. I don't overindulge on a regular basis, but I do indulge and over indulge on occasion. Higher risk of death? Higher than what comes with living? Meh, lets go grab some wings.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:11 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,598,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Oh boy, don't tell me not to eat french fries!

Eating French Fries Is Linked to a Higher Risk of Death | Time.com

An even deeper aspect of this, is that those who regularly eat French fries, also consume many other types of junk food. The consumption of the fries, may just be an indicator of the overall flawed dietary habits these people follow.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:13 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,262,309 times
What are the French gonna eat??

Old 06-13-2017, 08:19 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Fries aren't causing anyone to die. We're all dying the day we're born! No one has lived forever. Go ahead and eat the fries. You're not going to live forever anyway. Now that doesn't mean eat a McDonald's tractor trailer full of them.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:19 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^^ Air fryers produce food that is exceptionally healthier than traditionally fried foods. They produce food that has up to 80% less fat than oil fried foods, apparently without sacrificing the taste. Well, I am not sure about that last statement.
Most people believe that tasty food must be fatty, sweet or salty....
People that haven't yet tried air fryers.. should. They are amazing for fries, steaks, chicken, anything you would normally fry in oil. The texture is equal to or better when air fried.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:20 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,427,685 times
Supersize mine please..

Old 06-13-2017, 09:12 PM

146 posts, read 175,039 times
Yea..because I want to live another 20 years suffering on this earth with a 'healthy diet'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink