Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i know one thing...Dallas has more $30k millionaires than Fort Worth!

seriously though, I don't see Ft. Worth surpassing Dallas in population, but I really don't see people in Fort Worth giving a crap. Downtown Fort Worth = greatness.
DtFtW= a carnival

Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
It will change quickly in the next 20 years. You do realize DFW is in Fort Worth. The Cowboys and Rangers are in Tarrant County. Its not a matter of winning, but you need to face the facts. Its only a matter of time. FW has more land available and adjacent to the city, and is growing at a faster rate. It'll be like San Francisco and San Jose.
That is just it. Annexing land to grow because you are desperate to surpass your more well-known neighbor. Pathetic!

By the way, the Dallas Cowboys are still just that: The Dallas Cowboys. The NFL would be stupid to change the team's name to the Fort Worth Cowboys. It is too famous of a team and Dallas is more well-known.

Oh and how is the entire metroplex in Fort Worth?? That makes no sense. If you are talking about DFW Airport, that is NOT in Fort Worth. A small arm of Fort Worth borders the Airport to the southwest, but it is also cut off by an interstate. DFW Airport is in both Dallas and Tarrant Counties, and other cities(like Grapevine and Irving)border most of the Airport. The mailing address is also not Fort Worth.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i know one thing...Dallas has more $30k millionaires than Fort Worth!

seriously though, I don't see Ft. Worth surpassing Dallas in population, but I really don't see people in Fort Worth giving a crap. Downtown Fort Worth = greatness.
That must be why Fort Worth is working hard to annex land. That must be why there are such comments out there like slo138 above you.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
That is just it. Annexing land to grow because you are desperate to surpass your more well-known neighbor. Pathetic!

By the way, the Dallas Cowboys are still just that: The Dallas Cowboys. The NFL would be stupid to change the team's name to the Fort Worth Cowboys. It is too famous of a team and Dallas is more well-known.

Oh and how is the entire metroplex in Fort Worth?? That makes no sense. If you are talking about DFW Airport, that is NOT in Fort Worth. A small arm of Fort Worth borders the Airport to the southwest, but it is also cut off by an interstate. DFW Airport is in both Dallas and Tarrant Counties, and other cities(like Grapevine and Irving)border most of the Airport. The mailing address is also not Fort Worth.
The Cowboys left Dallas twice, because the city of Dallas has no clue as to how to keep them, when they desperately wanted to be in the city limits. The Cowboys will never change their name, but yet they still reside in Arlington (a suburb of FW). I was talking about DFW Airport, but you are right its actually dfwairport, texas. Initially I was thinking about AMR (American Airlines) HQ's are in FW city limits.

It really doesnt matter about the population shift, but it is inevitable. And no, it is not all annexation. The city has tons of land in which to grow, and less boundaries than Dallas. And did we mention a better downtown?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:13 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times
Quote:
You make it sound like a bad thing. New York City annexed in City of Brooklyn, Queens, and The Bronx, and later on Staten Island to become bigger. Was that pathetic?

Comparatively Brooklyn and NYC both had a large population.
Largest cities in the United States by population by decade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look at 1890.

I think annexing land is okay, you know since it's only doing what other cities before it have done before.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The Cowboys left Dallas twice, because the city of Dallas has no clue as to how to keep them, when they desperately wanted to be in the city limits. The Cowboys will never change their name, but yet they still reside in Arlington (a suburb of FW). I was talking about DFW Airport, but you are right its actually dfwairport, texas. Initially I was thinking about AMR (American Airlines) HQ's are in FW city limits.

It really doesnt matter about the population shift, but it is inevitable. And no, it is not all annexation. The city has tons of land in which to grow, and less boundaries than Dallas. And did we mention a better downtown?

Arlington is a suburb of Dallas too. Don't forget Dallas has the NBA and NHL teams in town and they are not going to give them to Fort Worth either. Do you think Dallas is going to cut it as being a suburb of Fort Worth?? You just admitted that Fort Worth is going to annex land to get bigger. Fort Worth does not have the name recognition or the resources to be the top gun. Dallas has most of the big metroplex stuff and they will be damned if they fork it over to Fort Worth. Don't forget Dallas is growing too. Heck, it just passed 1.3 million.

Dallas has a much bigger and better looking skyline too.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
You make it sound like a bad thing. New York City annexed in City of Brooklyn, Queens, and The Bronx, and later on Staten Island to become bigger. Was that pathetic?

Comparatively Brooklyn and NYC both had a large population.
Largest cities in the United States by population by decade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look at 1890.

I think annexing land is okay, you know since it's only doing what other cities before it have done before.

Do you think Dallas is going to let Fort Worth annex it?? In this case, why don't Dallas annex all of its outlying cities and show Fort Worth who's really boss.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Do you think Dallas is going to let Fort Worth annex it?? In this case, why don't Dallas annex all of its outlying cities and show Fort Worth who's really boss.
I wasn't saying Fort Worth was going to annex Dallas. I was trying to portray how "annexing is not pathetic" since it's been done so often in our history, even by the likes of some of the greatest cities in the world (NYC).

Old 05-27-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Arlington is a suburb of Dallas too. Don't forget Dallas has the NBA and NHL teams in town and they are not going to give them to Fort Worth either. Do you think Dallas is going to cut it as being a suburb of Fort Worth?? You just admitted that Fort Worth is going to annex land to get bigger. Fort Worth does not have the name recognition or the resources to be the top gun. Dallas has most of the big metroplex stuff and they will be damned if they fork it over to Fort Worth. Don't forget Dallas is growing too. Heck, it just passed 1.3 million.

Dallas has a much bigger and better looking skyline too.
Yes, most of that is true, but technically Arlington is Fort Worth's suburb, since it falls in Fort Worth's metropolitan division.

Here check it out for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...opolitan_areas

Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I wasn't saying Fort Worth was going to annex Dallas. I was trying to portray how "annexing is not pathetic" since it's been done so often in our history, even by the likes of some of the greatest cities in the world (NYC).

Yes, but Fort Worth is only doing it to be bigger than Dallas and that will not make sense. They know Dallas is landlocked. I would suggest Dallas start talking to its neighbors like Mesquite and Garland and see if they can be annexed then. Dallas must stay the top gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth