Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 08:36 AM

103 posts, read 129,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantotto View Post
Wow everyone has so much accomplished! And bravo on new neighbors helping out!
I don't have any advice to give yet! But I hope to share my wisdom once the move happens!

Yesterday, I gave my boss my two weeks notice two weeks early since we have a wonderful working relationship. I want to give my boss and our department the easiest transition. I am going to miss working here.

Knowing I'll be moving, I'm trying my hardest to NOT buy anything. But it is SOOOO hard. I've donated and thrown out a lot of clothes and shoes but added three new clothes to my closest. Very difficult to avoid... I work in the city and shopping is everywhere. I do my best to not walk there. Plus, I have a wedding coming up so this isn't helping! Since it'll be a three day weekend, I'm going to continue clearing out my closest of clothes/shoes I no longer wear. I'm one month away from my packing date and one month and two weeks from my departure date. I am shipping all my stuff via UPS and flying down there with extra checked luggage! Since first two bags are free to check and a carry on.

I am so excited!
NOT shopping is my issue as well... It's so hard when it's everywhere!

I have no idea what my living situation will be when I move so I'm doing my best to avoid the awesome memorial day sales on decor items...

Clothes on the other hand? Can't help myself!

Old 05-22-2014, 04:15 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,767,554 times
LOL PAssion, I hear you on the clothes.

Today I finally got off my duff and packed up the stuff my aunt stashed in the trunk of my new to me free car that she wants shipped to my mom. The only thing I didn't have a box for was the small flatscreen.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:05 PM

128 posts, read 151,595 times
CCc, I read about you getting the car...way to go on that one! I guess shipping things is a small price to pay. lol.

I listed some of my collectibles online yesterday and am going through my old beanie babies (never should have started collecting that mess!) to try and make cash and get rid of stuff I don't want to take with us. I am starting to freak out on the finances front. I've been sick for two days so I've been getting quotes for moving and doing estimated calculations. Maybe college was a bad idea...lol.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:24 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,447,826 times
Well, we have been doing little things (shower curtain rods, etc). Only big purchase was a fence for the yard. Fences are scarce here, and it was going to be an expense, no matter what. Kinda pricy but we budgeted for it. Now that we are getting a new fence, neighbor that we are tying into is going to redo his fence . Being the good neighbor, we will split the cost of the common fence. Adult son was pushing for white PVC fence, so I said we would 'contribute' to the fence. Neighbor got a good laugh.

All in all, going great.

This is why we moved down here -one mile from the house
Attached Thumbnails
Moving count down...what did you do today?-image.jpg  

Old 05-23-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBryant23 View Post
CCc, I read about you getting the car...way to go on that one! I guess shipping things is a small price to pay. lol.

I listed some of my collectibles online yesterday and am going through my old beanie babies (never should have started collecting that mess!) to try and make cash and get rid of stuff I don't want to take with us. I am starting to freak out on the finances front. I've been sick for two days so I've been getting quotes for moving and doing estimated calculations. Maybe college was a bad idea...lol.
I actually have my mom's BF to thank for that. He suggested gtiving it to me to replace the 1986 Benz my mom gave me years ago. It's getting long in the tooth, time to find someone who will love it like I did.

Good luck with your listing and get well son. I'm on my second round of Bactrim for this sinus infection that I've had for eight months.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:33 PM

124 posts, read 372,521 times
Finally made the desicion on where to move. I've been trying to decide for the past few years and although my location puts my move off another 6 months because of winter weather I do have a desicion made.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:09 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,081,130 times
We passed the final hurdle - the appraisal came in at more than the loan amount, so the sale is going through and we will be closing next month!!! I'm so glad we sold our house so fast and so easy!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:16 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,447,826 times
You go kab0!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:39 AM

128 posts, read 151,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Good luck with your listing and get well son. I'm on my second round of Bactrim for this sinus infection that I've had for eight months.
Eight months!?! Holy geez...I thought I had it bad when I was a teen and they would last 2 or 3 months. I hope it gets better soon, that must be exhausting.

Iluvwriting, where did you decided to move to?

I sold a few textbooks online and am estimated to get a good amount back from them. One less thing to pack and move. I also found a local person who will sell my stuff online and I will get 50% of the profit. I figure I will give them all of my old clothes to list and then I will list my own larger items. I just don't have the patience to go through 3-4 large trash bags of clothes and list every item!

Old 05-25-2014, 07:16 AM

Yeah, after three visits and five hundred dollars I gave up. Two weeks ago I couln't take anymore and went to my aunts country GP/internist who has been in private practice in the town for thirty years.

The city doc said allergic rhinitis (wrong), the country doc knew it was a sinus infection immediately. City doc 168.00 per visit, country doc 50.00.

I am hopeful. although I relapsed severely Thursday through today with painful swollen lymph nodes on the back of my head (first time that happened) and now stomach flu symptoms; thank God I have Tagamet in the house.

I hear you on listing clothes, it's a PITA!!!!!!! Although I have unloaded tons of them over the last year and a half.

I have some bids so tomorrow I will be packing up more to lighten the load. I'm going to take it easy today, still have that queasy feeling in my gut; maybe later I will attempt to mow the front yard. I have to play musical vehicles and get the Benz into the front yard to sell.

Great news on the appraisal, Kab0!!!!

do tell iluvwriting where you are going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues