Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 05:11 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times

Advertisements

Wrapped up the repairs,painting, etc and pulled the trigger. Home went into MLS today. Now showings until Tuesday as we have carpet cleaners, cleaning crew coming in tomorrow. Home is priced for market, should sell quick....we hope. But in a town of 120,000 in DFW, there are less than a dozen homes priced less. Not underpriced, just very little inventory.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:15 PM

896 posts, read 1,140,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Wrapped up the repairs,painting, etc and pulled the trigger. Home went into MLS today. Now showings until Tuesday as we have carpet cleaners, cleaning crew coming in tomorrow. Home is priced for market, should sell quick....we hope. But in a town of 120,000 in DFW, there are less than a dozen homes priced less. Not underpriced, just very little inventory.
Sounds like a sellers' market. You should do well. Best wishes, and prepare for a contract by the end of the week.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:23 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,431,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMaven View Post
Hubby retired Friday! Starting tomorrow I am going to take 12noon-2pm (I work from home) and he and I will start on the house. We will be tossing, putting aside donations, and hopefully only things we are taking will be left in the house by the end of the month. If we're still married after this I guess we'll make it another 20 years.

This is finally real!!
Congratulations and good luck. I'm am impressed if you can do all that in a month, unless you've been working at it already. Didn't follow earlier so what are your plans? We retired last year and it's taken us all this time to downsize and clean out this home we've been in for 34+ years. Of course during that time we also had to clear out and sell a relatives home in another state who passed away. That was not expected, nor fun.

We cleared our shed today, stuff for yard sale to the patio, stuff to move to the garage. Found super cheap yard sale signs and stickers at the dollar store. DS is coming tomorrow to definitely let us know what he wants. Need to do the same with DIL too. Also found someone who is thrilled to have my old piano. That's bitter sweet to see go. Had it for about 50 years, it's not in great shape but a new little one will be learning to play on it which is good to know.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:31 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
today we went to the new house and cleaned up the front yard. We cant get inside yet but we measured the front porch and took pictures. We cleared the rocks and moved the leaves. Now we need to get a rake and till the yard to plant seed.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:53 PM

878 posts, read 1,207,746 times
Our movers arrive Wednesday morning-- almost completely packed up except the electronics, two pieces of art and part of the garage. All of the kids' rooms, our room, and the kitchen are DONE, DONE, DONE thanks to a LOT of help from friends. My husband's car will be picked up Tuesday-- and we leave Thursday (the kids' last day of school) for our 1800 mile roadtrip with three kids, a dog and a cat.. pray for my sanity!

Old 06-02-2014, 09:51 AM

231 posts, read 382,079 times
I am sore today. Got all of the big stuff packed into the container. Pool table, dining room table, dressers, bunk beds all sort of stuff. After a hard day of working yesterday I had to sleep on the floor. Forgot to pull out the air mattress. Ooops.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:15 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
Wow, y'all have been busy! Prayers for all around.

Got DH out of the house both days this weekend. He's hurting now and staying in bed, but it was nice to see the fire of ambition in his eyes again.

I put my grandfathers Lladros on ebay Sunday and a paperweight that might be Baccarat. The paperweight folks will know.

Packed up a new food processor that mom sent me, mine works great so I will keep it as a backup.

Also went through some of DH's clothes with him and weeded out some stuff he won't ever wear for the church thrift.

Dang battery on the Benz is dead, we couldn't even jump it, so on the charger it stays, might try it tonight.

Of course, while driving the battery down to the shop in DH's truck I slammed the brakes to get the battery to slide to the edge of the bed and *dingdingding* the pedal went to the floor and the service brake system soon light came on.
Damned brake line rotted on the right front frame rail. I may have to have it towed, thank the Lord for roadside assistance. That's a 250 dollar tow that is covered by my 40 dollar a year roadside. (Allstate)

Old 06-02-2014, 02:37 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times
CC, you lucked out that you stopped, no wreck. Your angels were working overtime on that one.

Well, got the cleaning crew from Molly Maid here, and they are working their rears off. If you have a franchise in your area, I recommend them.

1st showing tomorrow, coming at 8:30 am. Worried about the home won't be thereat 5 in the afternoon. We will see.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:00 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
Agreed, Restrain, that's what DH said. And I was supposed to drive 32 miles into town for hay. THAT would have been ugly.

Good luck with the showing!

Old 06-02-2014, 08:35 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Today I contacted the lawyer handling the paperwork so hopefully he will call me back tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues