Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 07:00 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times

Advertisements

Started emptying the pantry today. Food to donate and open stuff that can't be used in the next two weeks tossed with tonight's trash. Cleaning the insides of the cabinets as I go.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:48 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times
Good idea kab0.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:07 PM

128 posts, read 151,534 times
I haven't done much in a few days. Went through two large boxes last night and that's it. Tomorrow I am hoping to be productive and weed through clothes I don't want. Crossing my fingers I can get motivated. We have about 12 weeks until we move.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:28 AM

124 posts, read 372,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
My sister lives in Portland, ME and she absolutely loves it. I can't believe how much she finds to do there!
Wow, ironically enough, that's where I'm hoping to move to. That's great that she loves it there. I've heard great things about it.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:38 AM

813 posts, read 1,272,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwriting View Post
Wow, ironically enough, that's where I'm hoping to move to. That's great that she loves it there. I've heard great things about it.
Yes. It is hard for me to get in contact with her very often because she is always off doing things! She has mentioned to me that she loves the food trucks, the ferry that you can take to see the city from the ocean, she has joined a roller derby team, she goes to school part-time, the downtown has a lot of cool little shops, she goes to music shows a lot, there are a couple farms just outside the city that she goes to for some of her food... the list goes on and on. She is in her early 30's if that helps.

We have been up to visit her, and it really is a great place. Yes, there is a bit of a homeless issue in the main part of town, but she gets along with people real easy and knows most of them by name.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:16 PM

896 posts, read 1,140,273 times
Dropped some nice decorator items off for a charity sale this weekend.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:22 PM

I went to Home Depot and priced out some boxes and bubble wrap. Craigslist has been flooded with people looking for boxes lately, so my ads for boxes have gone unanswered so far.

I am hoping next week (after the 1st of the month) will yield some people that have boxes to get rid of.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:49 PM

128 posts, read 151,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
I went to Home Depot and priced out some boxes and bubble wrap. Craigslist has been flooded with people looking for boxes lately, so my ads for boxes have gone unanswered so far.

I am hoping next week (after the 1st of the month) will yield some people that have boxes to get rid of.
Have you tried the grocery store? I used banana boxes in our last move and they work really well and are sturdy. I hear liquor boxes are great as well. Most people don't think about these places. I'm hoping we have enough boxes laying around that I won't have to go out and get anymore.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBryant23 View Post
Have you tried the grocery store? I used banana boxes in our last move and they work really well and are sturdy. I hear liquor boxes are great as well. Most people don't think about these places. I'm hoping we have enough boxes laying around that I won't have to go out and get anymore.
Thank you for that suggestion. I will definitely check with them.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:47 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
good luck, all, keep plugging away.

Yesterday I recieved three large boxes of bedding that mom sent me, so stripped the bad, washed everything and put the new pillows and spread on the bed.

The extra blankets I packed up as well as the old coverlet, bedding is really handy for protecting large mirrors or paintings, needless to say I hoard them.

Old sheets make great dropcloths for painting, I always keep a few.

Finally got a new coffeemaker, so packed up the spare and put that back in the attic.

Feeling a little better today so I will try and get the Benz started, the jump pack didn't have enough juice so I charged it up yesterday.

If she starts then I can transfer all the stuff into the Buick and put the Benz out front for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues