Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times

Advertisements

And then there is Sun tea, sweet or unsweetened. I was introduced to it in Arizona. Put water, tea and sugar if desired in glass jug. Set out in direct sun for two or three hours. It is great made this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,833,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I don't understand how people drink unsweetened tea, it's beyond nasty bitter, tart, I can't even find the words. My understanding growing up Tea is sweet Tea. I had to learn people drink it with out sugar.
Funny, I feel the same way about sweet tea - it's revoltingly sweet. I grew up in the west, where iced tea comes unsweetened, and much prefer it that way.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,524,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
And then there is Sun tea, sweet or unsweetened. I was introduced to it in Arizona. Put water, tea and sugar if desired in glass jug. Set out in direct sun for two or three hours. It is great made this way.
My family always made it like that in Florida.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
If you put sugar packets in it, it won't taste the same. It needs to be brewed with the sugar in it at a higher temperature. Sugar doesn't dissolve properly in cold water, esp water with ice. Didn't anybody else do saturation point of sugar in water in chemistry class? :I Saturated/Super Saturated/etc...

Also, the tea needs to be relatively fresh. It's like coffee, if it isn't brewed fresh it goes bad. Also, Nestea, Lipton etc and any of those taste absolutely terrible.

Exactly. That is what I was saying. Put 1 cup 0f sugar in your brew instead of 2. Make it less sweet.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,530,848 times
It's nasty as hell. The only place that sells sweet tea in DC is McDonalds and even I get some I have to mixed it with lemonade to make it taste like iced tea.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,530,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You'd be surprised who doesn't. Usually the same people who clasify Pennsylvania as in the MidWest.
It is west of I-81

Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 AM

297 posts, read 472,939 times
I drink it but It might be cause I have family from East India and shizz. Tbh I prefer Tea over Coffee any day

Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Oh Christ, now you're going to revive the "Is New Jersey A Southern State?" thread.
ROFL. I don't think there ever was such a thread!

I know there is one about MARYLAND, though, (evil laughter)

Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Oh Christ, now you're going to revive the "Is New Jersey A Southern State?" thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLover128 View Post
I know New Jersey is a northern state.
Quote:
You'd be surprised who doesn't. Usually the same people who clasify Pennsylvania as in the MidWest.
Well, allow me to drag their asses up here to sit in this 20-something degree cold wind and then tell me how southern it is, dammit.

Now, it was a southern-SYMPATHIZING state in the 1850's, but stuck with the Union for health reasons due to its location.

LOL at PA being the Midwest, too.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I don't understand how people drink unsweetened tea, it's beyond nasty bitter, tart, I can't even find the words. My understanding growing up Tea is sweet Tea. I had to learn people drink it with out sugar.
I had to learn to drink it without sugar and eventually you do appreciate being able to taste the actual tea. Sugar does that to one's taste buds. I do still drink hot tea with one spoonful of sugar and a little milk.

The sentence I bolded reminded me of something. I visited a friend in Dallas many years ago, and everyone kept asking us if we wanted tea. It was June and 110 degrees outside--I wondered what the heck was wrong with these people for drinking tea when it was so damn hot out. Turned out they meant iced tea--they just left out the "iced" part when they spoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.