Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2018, 04:14 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
Yeah but usually women pressure guys into getting married, anyway. I will never understand why a woman has to give a man an ultimatum in order to get him to commit.
Oftentimes but not always, it's because she's near or past the Wall, and needs to lock down a stable provider right away. Marriage, once a beautiful institution "to join these two in holy matrimony", has become a convenient way for women to lock him down. And such men get into marriage due to fear of not getting sex otherwise, or fear not fitting in with our couple-oriented society. Think about it: naturally desirable men don't get marriage ultimatums. Their company, in women's eyes, is its own reward; no lock-down necessary.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 01-28-2018 at 04:23 PM..

Old 01-28-2018, 04:17 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
#MGTOW

'Nuff said.
Incel, nuff said.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:02 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Incel, nuff said.
Yup. And getting old too.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:15 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
Yeah but usually women pressure guys into getting married, anyway. I will never understand why a woman has to give a man an ultimatum in order to get him to commit.

You sound like one of those women who think everything is always the man's fault. It is a fact that MANY women use sex as a weapon in relationships. It's funny that women complain when their man doesn't try to have sex with them enough and then they use it as an excuse to go out and cheat on a man, but when a wife never wants sex then it is always the man's fault. Maybe if your man sucks in bed you should communicate with him and help him get better vs never having sex with him again. It works both ways. Women like you make me glad I am not married.

So, is a man incapable of withstanding pressure? If he doesn’t want to get married, there is nothing forcing him into it. Just don’t do it.

If someone is using sex as a weapon in a relationship, find a new relationship. Why stay with someone who does that?

Old 01-28-2018, 05:21 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
MGTOW is changing that though. Women shouldn't complain when men don't want to get married. People are voting with their feet and deciding to avoid these stupid defective "contracts".

As a contract, marriage is defective and would be null and void for lack of any terms. The problem is the "courts" create the terms AFTER the fact...which is ridiculous. I tell everyone I know don't get married. If you really want to tie yourself up in a legal knot with another person there is a perfectly valid and legally enforceable way to do that (don't know what anyone would gain from doing that, but....just saying), using actual contract law - real laws that govern actual contracts.

Men do need to stop complaining, and just not get involved in marriage. That's really the only solution. Women "looking for a committment" are really just looking to ensnare a man in a legal trap that she KNOWS is unfair and lopsided to her own advantage.
Agreed. Just don’t do it if you feel this way. Can we look forward to your following your own advice now?

Old 01-28-2018, 05:41 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Oftentimes but not always, it's because she's near or past the Wall, and needs to lock down a stable provider right away. Marriage, once a beautiful institution "to join these two in holy matrimony", has become a convenient way for women to lock him down. And such men get into marriage due to fear of not getting sex otherwise, or fear not fitting in with our couple-oriented society. Think about it: naturally desirable men don't get marriage ultimatums. Their company, in women's eyes, is its own reward; no lock-down necessary.
Do your female friends, whom you claim to like so much, know that this is the kind of thing you think of them?

Old 01-28-2018, 05:43 PM

213 posts, read 216,618 times
I have a harmless hobby that my wife hated since it took away my attention from her. I finally won that battle after 40 years of battle when I said to her "You haven't changed me for 40 years, there's no chance of it ever happening."

Old 01-28-2018, 06:03 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do your female friends, whom you claim to like so much, know that this is what you think of them?
They're friends. It's a different dynamic than romantic relationships. They already know I swore off relationships (although I didn't mention MGTOW to them verbatim), and just shrug it off. Plus, it's perfectly fine to want a stable life. So my thinking isn't really anything new: marriage ultimatums have been quite widespread since the 1970's, enough to find their way into mainstream media and standup comedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabus View Post
I have a harmless hobby that my wife hated since it took away my attention from her. I finally won that battle after 40 years of battle when I said to her "You haven't changed me for 40 years, there's no chance of it ever happening."
You're stronger than me. I could never have enough energy to fight tooth and nail for 40 years, just to enjoy a simple hobby. Respect!

Old 01-28-2018, 06:24 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,002,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabus View Post
Just curious, what was the hobby?

Old 01-28-2018, 08:33 PM

1,047 posts, read 726,444 times
Default reply

[quote=tijlover;50804056]I hesitated to put this here or the Relationship Forum, but I prefer to run it here as it's so debatable.

I try to downplay the statement (You Never Say No To Your Wife or PBT/Power Behind The Throne) but I see it too often, the fear of saying No to the wife.

I've done massage for 30-40 years and have had many a married man on my table and I've heard too many stories.

One of my massage clients would love to join me on one of my 1-day trips to L.A., going to museums, as he loves Art. Wife not interested, and? She won't allow him to go without her!

My cousin is snowbirding it in western AZ this winter, and I've offered to pay their RT fares to L.A. from Vegas for a 2 day venture, since neither has ever been there. He'd love to go with, but the wife is not interested, and she's the boss! So as not to create friction, he's not going.

Having read a bio of Michelle Obama, Barrack was so smitten with her, he called her The Boss from the beginning of their marriage. "No, your smoking days are over!" "Yes, Boss!"

I learned very late on, that my Father never wanted children (my mother had 3, which explains why he never had much time for us, can't blame him!) and he wanted to move far away from family to Colorado, and she wanted to remain close to family. And? Who won that battle?

When I put my house up for sale, a couple came to look at it, the husband went wild with job at seeing my work bench and storage area in my garage, saying "Perfect!" The wife grimaced, and the agent told me, privately: You should know, it's the woman who makes these decisions! House not sold!

What's your take on this "mystery"? >>>>>>>

Maybe they use her as an excuse for things they really don't want to do. I have been the excuse many a time. Also, maybe they cheat with pros or the girl at the office so they feel like it is a balance to let her be boss. Most men I know are the boss. So again you know wimpy men or they are lying and using the wife as an excuse to get out of social events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates