Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 01:22 PM

97 posts, read 71,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Guilford County plans to sell Edgeworth Building/property. The interesting thing as that the property butts up against the land where the city parking deck and Carroll South of the Ballpark are going. Great timing for a company....let's say like Novare Group to come in a purchase. If there is no upset bid, local developer Samet Corp will purchase the property.

There has been rumors that Novare Group out of Atlanta recently came to Greensboro and met with the Mayor and city officials about a possible Skyhouse tower and they are interested in purchasing property near the ballpark. The timing of the rumors and this announcement is interesting. But we'll see.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...4de105c59.html
The timing is interesting, but my hunch is that the two are unrelated. If Novare really is interested in a Skyhouse or something similar, I can't imagine that they would want a property where they would have to demo a 5-story building, especially when there are so many vacant lots in the immediate vicinity. Besides, the Edgeworth Building is a pretty cool little mid-century building - I'd rather see it restored.

If I had to guess which property Novare was interested in, I would say the SE corner of Edgeworth and Bellemeade. The three parcels are owned by LLCs with the same mailing address, and one of them has a small section contiguous with the city's parking deck parcel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 02:25 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,646,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_thomas View Post
The timing is interesting, but my hunch is that the two are unrelated. If Novare really is interested in a Skyhouse or something similar, I can't imagine that they would want a property where they would have to demo a 5-story building, especially when there are so many vacant lots in the immediate vicinity. Besides, the Edgeworth Building is a pretty cool little mid-century building - I'd rather see it restored.
There's no chance Samet is paying $1.8 million for that building in order to renovate it.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:43 PM

511 posts, read 511,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
There's no chance Samet is paying $1.8 million for that building in order to renovate it.
I thought they would demolish it but Roy Carroll tweeted: "Samet as always will do a first class job rehabbing the building and probably bringing new jobs & increased tax base to the downtown area."

But who knows. He might not even know what their plans are.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:59 PM

511 posts, read 511,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
can anyone post this here? Not many people have business journal subscriptions, so that would really be helpful.
I can type out the gist of the Greensboro projects since I have the paper.

Mock Judson Voehringer Mill: Project is not dead. Project is on hold while they search for another general contractor. No timetable but would not be difficult to finish. "It's a no-brainer. It will be an easy project to finish up."

Downtown Greensboro Bowling: Construction fence is up. Paul Talley who owns a bowling alley/bar in Greenville, SC bought the property. Talley doesn't want to talk about it until further into project.

Village at Friendly: Roy Carroll looking to have some idea of plans in the spring of 2020.

CrossTown: $134 million entertainment district near the Walmart at Pyramids Shopping Center off Cone Blvd. Plan is alive, but funding has not been obtained. Working to solidify investor group.

Kotis Midtown: Hopes to break ground on supermarket in 2020, anticipated completion 2022. Former Marshall Free House will become temporary home for The Flying Hatchet axe throwing bar. Will eventually move to Kotis' Tracks Bazaar property downtown. Kotis expects to start work on The Shops at RED in 2020. Kotis is waiting for more information from the city about the greenway before going forward with high-density housing and hotel.

Arlington Heights: Plans changed to fewer row houses, more apartments and added retail and office space. Parking is a major obstacle. Milt Rhodes says, "It's a bit in flux."

Old 12-12-2019, 03:14 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
I can type out the gist of the Greensboro projects since I have the paper.

Mock Judson Voehringer Mill: Project is not dead. Project is on hold while they search for another general contractor. No timetable but would not be difficult to finish. "It's a no-brainer. It will be an easy project to finish up."

Downtown Greensboro Bowling: Construction fence is up. Paul Talley who owns a bowling alley/bar in Greenville, SC bought the property. Talley doesn't want to talk about it until further into project.

Village at Friendly: Roy Carroll looking to have some idea of plans in the spring of 2020.

CrossTown: $134 million entertainment district near the Walmart at Pyramids Shopping Center off Cone Blvd. Plan is alive, but funding has not been obtained. Working to solidify investor group.

Kotis Midtown: Hopes to break ground on supermarket in 2020, anticipated completion 2022. Former Marshall Free House will become temporary home for The Flying Hatchet axe throwing bar. Will eventually move to Kotis' Tracks Bazaar property downtown. Kotis expects to start work on The Shops at RED in 2020. Kotis is waiting for more information from the city about the greenway before going forward with high-density housing and hotel.

Arlington Heights: Plans changed to fewer row houses, more apartments and added retail and office space. Parking is a major obstacle. Milt Rhodes says, "It's a bit in flux."
Thanks so much.

I think urban apartments are better suited than row houses honestly.

Also good to see Kotis is still moving forward.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:53 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
WXII interview about the Tanger Center. It was revealed in the interview that the outdoor plaza will have a water feature. Another interesting fact is that it will have one of the largest performing arts center stages in the country over 50 feet deep.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Di5S5U...hkl929z9nmNHMI

Last edited by gsoboi78; 12-12-2019 at 06:04 PM..

Old 12-12-2019, 06:56 PM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
Thanks so much.

I think urban apartments are better suited than row houses honestly.

Also good to see Kotis is still moving forward.
So sorry for the late reply was on a flight glad the update was posted

Old 12-13-2019, 07:25 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
Greensboro skyline with Project Slugger

Old 12-17-2019, 09:10 AM

4 posts, read 8,279 times
View of the city from the 8th floor of 400 Bellemeade
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-17-2019, 10:02 AM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad336 View Post
View of the city from the 8th floor of 400 Bellemeade
[IMG][/IMG]
New wallpaper!! Lol i love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point