Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2022, 06:01 AM

385 posts, read 288,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
I assume he means the AC hotel in downtown Raleigh and after googling it... yeah I'd agree with him.
Yeah, something about that big blue glass square area with the logo on it throws that whole building design off... Greensboros design definitely has better esthicits to it.. Also all these recently new and up and coming apts will give older complexes like City View some high competition! City view is showing it's age and out dated design...wonder if they have some remodeling plans in the works to compete with these newer apts.?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 09:27 AM

377 posts, read 203,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
I assume he means the AC hotel in downtown Raleigh and after googling it... yeah I'd agree with him.
That, plus the new 20 story Kimpton on Hillsborough Street.

Plus the new Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites tower under construction.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:14 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Yeah, something about that big blue glass square area with the logo on it throws that whole building design off... Greensboros design definitely has better esthicits to it.. Also all these recently new and up and coming apts will give older complexes like City View some high competition! City view is showing it's age and out dated design...wonder if they have some remodeling plans in the works to compete with these newer apts.?!?
I currently live at CityView. It was the first major new apartment complex downtown and definitely newer downtown complex are beginning to make CityView look old. No plans that I know of to remodel but they should update the kitchen appliances. I'm just glad developers are steering away from the "retro" brick design. No more brick apartment buildings lol. But the future AC hotel and apartments is probably the best design of any downtown Greensboro project I have seen thus far. We need more well designed development like this.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:17 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
That, plus the new 20 story Kimpton on Hillsborough Street.

Plus the new Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites tower under construction.
Except gsoboi was pretty clearly referring only to the AC proposed in Greensboro compared to the AC in downtown Raleigh. He quite clearly wasn't referring to any other hotels.

You wouldn't perhaps be a reincarnation of one of the folks that used to troll constantly would you? Considering you've admitted to being a reincarnation in a post elsewhere.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rale...s-near-14.html

Old 11-03-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Except gsoboi was pretty clearly referring only to the AC proposed in Greensboro compared to the AC in downtown Raleigh. He quite clearly wasn't referring to any other hotels.

You wouldn't perhaps be a reincarnation of one of the folks that used to troll constantly would you? Considering you've admitted to being a reincarnation in a post elsewhere.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rale...s-near-14.html

My bad. I didn't catch he was talking about AC only. However, the hotel proposed in Greensboro has changed so many times it might not look anything like the rendering. If it does, then I agree, it would look better than the one in Raleigh, which strikes me as being very bland.

As for gsobii's comments about the hotel being 10 or 11 stories tall, the Carroll website clearly states that it is 8 stories tall. Why the exaggeration?

Old 11-03-2022, 05:44 PM

68 posts, read 43,589 times
Quote:
My bad. I didn't catch he was talking about AC only. However, the hotel proposed in Greensboro has changed so many times it might not look anything like the rendering. If it does, then I agree, it would look better than the one in Raleigh, which strikes me as being very bland.

As for gsobii's comments about the hotel being 10 or 11 stories tall, the Carroll website clearly states that it is 8 stories tall. Why the exaggeration?
Probably because the corner "office" part does look taller. ...but who knows @uncchgrad it's not that big of a deal. In time we'll see.

Last edited by robertjgso; 11-03-2022 at 05:56 PM..

Old 11-03-2022, 05:57 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjgso View Post
Probably because they don't look like "hotel height" floors. As opposed to an 8 ft ceiling, they appear to be 9 or more. ...@uncchgrad it's not that big of a deal
Mr Big and unc-ch are not the same person.

Anyway, I wish the AC and the Westin well. Personally I don't see the demand for 2 additional downtown hotels other than during homecoming and a ACC/NCAA tournament.

Old 11-03-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjgso View Post
Probably because the corner "office" part does look taller. ...but who knows @uncchgrad it's not that big of a deal. In time we'll see.
That's the case with all hotels LOL. This is what is known as a "lobby".

Apparently it is a big deal to a certain poster because I have read his posts for years.

The rendering shows very little detail, so I would rely on what Carrol's website says. As I said before, it will likely look better than the new Raleigh AC, which is a plain box, and only 7 stories tall.

Old 11-03-2022, 07:55 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Mr Big and unc-ch are not the same person.

Anyway, I wish the AC and the Westin well. Personally I don't see the demand for 2 additional downtown hotels other than during homecoming and a ACC/NCAA tournament.
Thank you Mr BLT!

I've avoided posting in these Triad threads lately, but I do read the posts occasionally.

Old 11-03-2022, 08:01 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Quote:

There is a difference between the number of floors and the height. The hotel will indeed have 8 floors of hotel rooms but when you add the top portion and rooftop portion of the building, the height equals a 10 to 11 story building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point