Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2022, 10:32 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,053,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Thats bad @gsoboi78... downtown needs more to draw 30 and up crowds. Maybe a piano bar. That would
be nice. I think there was one at one time... maybe with the tanger center now, a place downtown like that would be succesful these days! Also maybe more resturants downtown along the lines of kau,.. doesnt need to be too high end, but jusy some places that serve more then average bar food.
Agreed. There are a few nice restaurants downtown but not enough. White and Wood is one of our favorites. I'd like to see more places like Blue Denim or Lao too though.

I'd still really like to see a Yardhouse downtown and Carroll SOB seems like a great spot... yet, its a "bar" but it's a bit higher end at least. The food has always been pretty good at the locations in VA Beach and Raleigh.

A piano bar would be a fantastic addition too though. Don't know if that would move the needle that much for the over 30 crowd. We went to Plus in Raleigh just before COVID a couple years ago and while there were some 30+ people, it was still mostly younger people as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 01:39 PM

32 posts, read 24,545 times
Lewis + Elm is a gem for us "older folk" (late 30s here so not that old, but feel ancient downtown). It has a piano and live music at least twice a week. Definitely for an older crowd.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:00 PM

385 posts, read 289,568 times
Thanks for the info on Lewis +Elm , ill def check it out sometime. think we did in fact have a piano bar downtown a few years ago. I just cant remeber the name ,but i remember soemthing about dueling pianos lol..

Old 07-10-2022, 01:52 PM

676 posts, read 493,633 times
Of course there are old standby's Undercurrent and Liberty Oak, and relatively newcomer cille and scoe. None of these are a easy walk to the Tanger Center though. Cafe Europa, B'Christophers, and Luxe are the only things within reasonable walking distance of the Center. Looking at a map, not sure what areas close by are available to put a new restaurant.

Old 07-10-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Of course there are old standby's Undercurrent and Liberty Oak, and relatively newcomer cille and scoe. None of these are a easy walk to the Tanger Center though. Cafe Europa, B'Christophers, and Luxe are the only things within reasonable walking distance of the Center. Looking at a map, not sure what areas close by are available to put a new restaurant.
It's like 3-5 blocks from Tanger Center to the restaurants you named (Undercurrent is more like 2 blocks). For many, that's a pretty reasonable walk.

But I do agree that there isn't a lot of room for a whole new restaurants in the 2-3 block radius.

Old 07-10-2022, 06:57 PM

676 posts, read 493,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
It's like 3-5 blocks from Tanger Center to the restaurants you named (Undercurrent is more like 2 blocks). For many, that's a pretty reasonable walk.

But I do agree that there isn't a lot of room for a whole new restaurants in the 2-3 block radius.
Well you are talking to a person who might would drive to the end of my block instead of walk

I guess if they ever got rid of the Tire store and the Exxon Station that could be a spot, though the Exxon site might have environmental issues to deal with. Perhaps the building that houses the Flatiron, and of course the vacant Lincoln-Mercury lot.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Well you are talking to a person who might would drive to the end of my block instead of walk

I guess if they ever got rid of the Tire store and the Exxon Station that could be a spot, though the Exxon site might have environmental issues to deal with. Perhaps the building that houses the Flatiron, and of course the vacant Lincoln-Mercury lot.
FWIW: Undercurrent is as close to the Tanger Center as the vacant Lincoln-Mercury lot. I thought I remember reading that was making way for some apartments or townhouses but I may be mistaken or the project may have been scrapped.

This thread does remind me that I need to put Undercurrent high on my list for a future dinner.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:33 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,221,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Thanks for the info on Lewis +Elm , ill def check it out sometime. think we did in fact have a piano bar downtown a few years ago. I just cant remeber the name ,but i remember soemthing about dueling pianos lol..

I remember that...the dueling piano bar was called Great Balls of Fire.

Old 07-17-2022, 01:45 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,221,404 times
Westin Greensboro progress....about halfway up in height.

Finally beginning to close in that big gap between the Guilford Building and the rest of the skyline.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-17-2022 at 01:55 PM..

Old 07-17-2022, 09:43 PM

223 posts, read 144,442 times
Thanks for the update gsoboi78.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point