Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 07:37 AM

32 posts, read 25,166 times

Advertisements

One day, some future civilization is going to find the remains of all of our parking garages (after everything else has turned to dust) and assign some kind of religious significance to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 07:39 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
One level of the hotel deck section of the Westin complete. They are not playing around. This is starting to go up fast. Part of the deck on the other side of the development is already up to 5 stories.

Old 02-24-2022, 11:11 PM

511 posts, read 511,555 times
Yeah, for as long as it took for them to actually start, I am shocked at how fast it’s going up now.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:00 AM

678 posts, read 496,592 times
Anybody know when the projected completion date for the project on East Market that was the Old Post Office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Yeah, for as long as it took for them to actually start, I am shocked at how fast it’s going up now.
Hopefully it will be complete by the 2028 ACC tournament

Old 02-26-2022, 03:33 PM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
Does anyone know what the actual final design will be for the Westin? I was looking around and found like 3 different versions lol

Old 02-26-2022, 04:08 PM

113 posts, read 111,151 times
They have a rendering on the website but it's been there for so long that I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the same design anymore.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:56 AM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
They have a rendering on the website but it's been there for so long that I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the same design anymore.

Right, I hope it's not as planned as the website... But at this point, I am happy it's being built.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
Right, I hope it's not as planned as the website... But at this point, I am happy it's being built.
Kind of agree with you there. There have been several different renderings and all of them were lackluster in design which seems to be typical with any downtown development in Greensboro and I don't know why. I also hope the design has changed and for the better. Regardless I too am happy its getting built. I do hate the foot print of the hotel is larger. Originally the footprint was smaller and the hotel was taller (18-stories)

The design still wasn't the best but I reckon its better than the current glass design. The taller height would have made more of an impact on the skyline.

An earlier design back when the hotel flag was to be the Wyndham.

An updated design. This is a little confusing because this design is on the architectural plans which I have physically seen yet the website is showing the glass design. I really don't know which of the two designs will be built

Not sure what's going on with the deck portion on the right side of the hotel. It throws off a decent design which is probably the best of all of them. The window pattern above should have continued on down through the parking deck like the left side of the hotel. CJMW architects of Winston-Salem designed all of these renderings. Maybe developers need to start looking at architects outside of the Triad. The Triad's architectural firms are just not creative enough. Even Moser Mayer Phoenix of Greensboro which has designed some projects downtown could have done a better job.

Rendering on the website. In this design they could at the very least dressed the deck up under the hotel so that it wouldn't look like a hotel sitting on top of a parking deck. I know its difficult to close it off completely because of carbon monoxide issues but there are ways to make it blend in better like the earlier Wyndham design above. Hopefully its just a place holder on the website because like I said this is not the design I've seen on the actual architectural blueprints.

This hotel was in the planning stages forever! It was supposed to open in 2019 and become the state's second Westin Hotel. The Westin Raleigh-Durham Airport will beat it by one year as it is scheduled to open in late spring of this year. The Westin Greensboro about a year later.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 02-27-2022 at 10:12 AM..

Old 02-27-2022, 10:18 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
Any updates on the actual hotel section? I’ll be in Greensboro this week to visit family, so hopefully I can take some pics

Old 03-01-2022, 04:39 PM

Here are some updated pics of the Westin.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point