Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 07:53 PM

171 posts, read 159,250 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the photos. But sadly, it does look like the design below is correct looking at the color of the deck

Last edited by Nerv2015; 03-01-2022 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Added some data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 09:34 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
The deck is spot on. However from the front of the hotel from South Elm Street it doesn't look too bad. The hotel is going to be a decent height being that it will be more than twice the height of the parking deck. The interior will look fabulous.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 03-01-2022 at 09:44 PM..

Old 03-03-2022, 05:48 AM

388 posts, read 291,745 times
With yesterday's early spring like weather, I took a stroll downtown. I spent from 8pm to 10pm downtown. Started at Lebaurer Park. No one at it, but about 3 people eating as a group at one of the food places there.. there were lots of people at the Tanger Center watching lion King thou. .. just couldn't believe how dead it was all around it , as nice as the weather was.. I walked all the way up to greys tavern. Nice crowd in there .. I turned around there and walked toward ballpark.. ssoo quit out.. till I got to joymongers.. good size crowd there. Notice the Bellemeqde parking deck had new "arms" that lift yo let u in and out. And also they fancy pay here kiosk.. was worried for a moment that parking wasn't free after 6. Anymore, but it still is!!!! Still wonder if they will start changing in future???

Old 03-03-2022, 07:37 AM

511 posts, read 511,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
With yesterday's early spring like weather, I took a stroll downtown. I spent from 8pm to 10pm downtown. Started at Lebaurer Park. No one at it, but about 3 people eating as a group at one of the food places there.. there were lots of people at the Tanger Center watching lion King thou. .. just couldn't believe how dead it was all around it , as nice as the weather was.. I walked all the way up to greys tavern. Nice crowd in there .. I turned around there and walked toward ballpark.. ssoo quit out.. till I got to joymongers.. good size crowd there. Notice the Bellemeqde parking deck had new "arms" that lift yo let u in and out. And also they fancy pay here kiosk.. was worried for a moment that parking wasn't free after 6. Anymore, but it still is!!!! Still wonder if they will start changing in future???
Did you park in the Bellemeade deck? I heard they started charging after 6pm when there are events at the Tanger center.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:22 AM

388 posts, read 291,745 times
Yes ,I parked at Bellemeade my parking deck of choice.. on way out the gate arms were up as always so I didn't have to pay to exit...guess the don't count the shows going on at Tanger as events.

Old 03-03-2022, 03:34 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times
Quote:
I mean it probably cost a pretty penny but would have long term gains with investment for the City. Need to have like W-S has with the cobble street area. Just close the area off to traffic. Open to deliveries during the week 12AM to 7AM. 5AM to 7AM on Saturday. Reroute vehicle traffic. Have more parking. Utilize empty lots for greenery such as community garden or small parks. Ensure that no buildings are vacant. Offer 40% property tax exemption for new tenants.

Shut traffic down in two spots. Utilize back of restaurants to create open backyard area's for people to drink and eat.

Have a fountain or waterfall. Connect to the greenway. Have shuttles to from the colleges to downtown.

Encourage bars, music, small shoppes, and some chains.

Build a food hall and terrace wine/beer bar.

Get one to two high end apartment complexes

Add a new parking garage

Anchor in some botique hotels.

Add a sub unit police station.

Do away with the sidewalks.

Last edited by RunD1987; 03-03-2022 at 04:12 PM..

Old 03-03-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
When spring really cranks up Lebauer Park won't be dead. Last year it was full of families along with Center City Park after work hours. I haven't seen Lion King yet.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:11 PM

Westin Greensboro. The deck is coming along and they are on floor 2 under the hotel.

Old 03-15-2022, 06:45 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
It’s insane, a 14 story building taking nearly a decade to build, and there is zero progress on the hotel portion.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:38 AM

854 posts, read 419,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
It’s insane, a 14 story building taking nearly a decade to build, and there is zero progress on the hotel portion.
It's taken 13 years to complete 3 miles of the 4 mile Downtown Greenway. 13 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point