Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 12:13 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Plans for a fourth downtown hotel are underway. Not sure if the Hampton Inn and Suites flag has changed but Greensboro based CN Hotels had planned a Hampton Inn and Suites on the site. The company is currently building one in downtown Winston-Salem.

If built, downtown would then have a total of 6 hotels.

Marriott Downtown
Biltmore Greensboro
Hyatt Place
Westin Greensboro
Aloft Greensboro
Hampton Inn & Suites.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...esigns-on.html
You dont know how wrong you are BC1960.

I wonder if the design of the planned Hampton Inn & Suites has changed. I'll have to try to find a business journal around the office. Cant get any details because of the paywall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 12:24 PM

511 posts, read 511,067 times
That's funny, I was just looking at CN Hotel's website the other day wondering if this project was still happening. There is a rendering in the slideshow on the website (although they have the Nathaniel Greene statue facing the wrong way).

CN Hotels

http://www.cnhotels.net/data/images/...eensboronc.jpg

Old 07-14-2017, 12:24 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
You dont know how wrong you are BC1960.
Maybe. But you sure changed the subject quickly, Derek.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Maybe. But you sure changed the subject quickly, Derek.
If you want to believe that, its ok. Fourth and Main aka Matthew knows my name because he has called it out before and I think I know how he figured it out. But its certainly not Derek Cain.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-14-2017 at 12:44 PM..

Old 07-14-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
That's funny, I was just looking at CN Hotel's website the other day wondering if this project was still happening. There is a rendering in the slideshow on the website (although they have the Nathaniel Greene statue facing the wrong way).

CN Hotels

http://www.cnhotels.net/data/images/...eensboronc.jpg
Apparently there is some updated news on this hotel project because the business journal has already reported in the past that CN was building a Hampton Inn on the site. I won't know until I can find a business journal. Could be an announcement on a construction date or possibly a design change because todays article makes a reference to design plans, but the design on the website has already been talked about in the Journal. Thats why im wondering if they are changing the design.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 PM

5 posts, read 4,949 times
This is the extend of it. Nothing else.

"We are working on the design phase of it," said Patel, who said he couldn't provide an updated timetable for the project. "We've got so much going on."

Old 07-15-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpitc2016 View Post
This is the extend of it. Nothing else.

"We are working on the design phase of it," said Patel, who said he couldn't provide an updated timetable for the project. "We've got so much going on."
So im wondering if they are updating the design on the website. The current rendering shows a hotel with 7 floors. Would be nice if they go taller.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:19 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,599 times
I'm ready to see these cranes erected, there is already one mobile crane in the skyline, but now i'm ready to see the constructed cranes.

Very exciting times, if anyone has the old photo of greensboro showing all the tower cranes during the 90's please share it. I beileve there were over 5 cranes erected.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:38 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
I'm ready to see these cranes erected, there is already one mobile crane in the skyline, but now i'm ready to see the constructed cranes.

Very exciting times, if anyone has the old photo of greensboro showing all the tower cranes during the 90's please share it. I beileve there were over 5 cranes erected.
I don't know how to paste it here, but one is attached. Looking north up Greene Street, I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Greensboro downtown Development.-55047706.jpg  

Old 07-17-2017, 01:58 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,599 times
Nice, it's exciting that we're about to see this again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point