Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 04:55 AM

185 posts, read 199,435 times

Advertisements

Hey gsoboi, I was going thru some very old post the other day and came across a few that are back in 2007 talking about center point condos. U had mentioned the developers on condo would have a 2 story waterfall in it! just was curious if that came to be or if u knew? That would be awsome to have a waterfall in ur house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 06:16 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
And its worth hyping being that downtown has not seen the construction of a tall tower in 27 years. Way long over due.
Go for it Derek.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:48 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfromnc View Post
Hey gsoboi, I was going thru some very old post the other day and came across a few that are back in 2007 talking about center point condos. U had mentioned the developers on condo would have a 2 story waterfall in it! just was curious if that came to be or if u knew? That would be awsome to have a waterfall in ur house!
Actually i dont know whether or not Roy Carroll has built a waterfall in his penthouse. It was reported in the paper back then that those were his plans.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:56 PM

185 posts, read 199,435 times
Thanks for replying also pulled up an old article on another site, where it said kotis had purchased the old daddio night club but didn't know what he'd use the site for. I think the article was dated in 2014. Had anything been done with that site since.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfromnc View Post
Thanks for replying also pulled up an old article on another site, where it said kotis had purchased the old daddio night club but didn't know what he'd use the site for. I think the article was dated in 2014. Had anything been done with that site since.
Kotis Properties had renderings for an 8 story mixed use residential development with a restaurant on their website at one time but so far no concrete plans. Its a good site for an apartment tower around 10 to 12 stories.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:49 PM

239 posts, read 306,210 times
Owner of larue trey is opening up a bar called ruebar where blu martini used to be looks great on the inside walked through, totally different feel.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:55 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...pares-for.html

This is rather interesting, i suppose Arch is rennovating the the former renaissance tower after moving their world headquarters.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post

This is rather interesting, i suppose Arch is rennovating the the former renaissance tower after moving their world headquarters.
They may very well be renovating the Renaissance Plaza Tower as oppose to building a new one. That thought had crossed my mind.

There is a new city wide bike sharing program. I think the program has been underway for the past three months but the number of bikes have recently grown to where you see them everywhere. If you have seen lime green bikes parked all over downtown and on the UNCG campus thats what its about. It actually started at UNCG and the downtown area but grew to a city wide program August 1st. The company is based out of San Francisco, California and chose Greensboro for its first North Carolina program. I believe the bike is activated with your smart phone so nobody just can't go and steal a parked bike. You dont have to return the bike to a designated station just park it when you are done and the wheels will lock. They have GPS wireless technology. The technology lets riders know which bikes are available and where they are located. You can rent by the month, day or hour. The LimeBike program in Greensboro was the first dockless bike sharing program in the United States.

https://www.benzinga.com/pressreleas...rogram-at-uncg

https://www.limebike.com/#lime

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...ogram.amp.html

Winston-Salem has a similar program with a company called Zagster.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 08-19-2017 at 03:04 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 07:30 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post

Can't read the article.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:24 AM

Hyatt Place and Carroll at Bellemeade going up nicely. Even though the project is 6 stories, the height actually rises to being about 7 stories tall on the north end of the development.

The balcony area on the second floor of the Hyatt Place is where the hotel pool is going.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 08-26-2017 at 08:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point