Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 08:06 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfromnc View Post
Arch Capital is indeed in downtown Greensboro. Arch Mi brought United Guarantee and is using the same building at 230 North Elm St that UG was in..It didn't bring any new jobs to the aera though in fact it did the opposite and layoffs happened..
So is the corporate headquarters here because according to their website it's still in Bermuda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 08:23 AM

32 posts, read 27,811 times
My son was laid off from Arch Capital in January. The combined Arch/United Guarantee workforce went from 1600 to 800 over a couple of years. I think the Greensboro headquarters is for the mortgage division. I don’t know about the corporate hq. So much for mergers.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:46 PM

Here is some good news for anyone who was disappointed in Carroll changing his tower project into a midrise development. The parking deck, Aloft and Carroll's planned office building is a go but in addition the city plans to purchase the rest of the block all the way to Friendly Ave and is in negotiations with the county which owns the land. Essentially this means this could eventually be a much larger development down the road. But the deck will also sit further back from the street. The city plans for construction to begin this fall. Project Slugger will have its parking and parking will be ready for the Aloft hotel.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/gove...ae3f901c5.html

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...deck-with.html

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-22-2018 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-22-2018, 04:19 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Here is some good news for anyone who was disappointed in Carroll changing his tower project into a midrise development.
Thats only you, lol.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:59 PM

475 posts, read 685,060 times
Quote:

In the press release, Mayor Nancy Vaughan said “the new parking deck will be more cost and service efficient..." and away from the street.

Translation: It will be cheap and suburban. I declare "development" in Greensboro is cursed.

Last edited by gold15; 06-22-2018 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Correction

Old 06-22-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold15 View Post

In the press release, Mayor Nancy Vaughan said “the new parking deck will be more cost and service efficient..." and away from the street.

Translation: It will be cheap and suburban. I declare "development" in Greensboro is cursed.
We'll the good thing is if it is cheap looking, it will be surrounded by development

Old 06-22-2018, 07:48 PM

475 posts, read 685,060 times
Quote:
We'll the good thing is if it is cheap looking, it will be surrounded by development
Not quite "surrounded" by, but likely "bookended by" which could still leave the cheap garage exposed to the street.

"Instead of putting a hotel and office building atop the parking structure, Carroll said the two buildings will go on either side of the deck."

"Surrounded by" would be development on all 4 sides with the garage out of sight. Perhaps you've seen the new renderings though.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:06 AM

185 posts, read 199,279 times
I'm just one of those people that think tall skyline equals big city feel...I know it's all in perception ..I hope the new projects will add at least something to the Greensboro skyline . It's just a handful of buildings and a rusty looking water tower right now .. which on that topic.. they should paint a nice picture on it or something to help enhance the looks of it.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:25 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfromnc View Post
I'm just one of those people that think tall skyline equals big city feel...I know it's all in perception ..I hope the new projects will add at least something to the Greensboro skyline . It's just a handful of buildings and a rusty looking water tower right now .. which on that topic.. they should paint a nice picture on it or something to help enhance the looks of it.
rusty water tower?

Old 06-23-2018, 05:32 PM

171 posts, read 159,136 times
Yeah, it would be nice to have a tower but more business downtown is a win. What water tower ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point