Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 08:21 AM

511 posts, read 511,555 times

Advertisements

Won't somebody please think of the 10 shows Cone Denim has booked for the rest of the year. THIS IS WHAT IS AT STAKE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 08:50 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,058,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Westin not in trouble. Rhino Times typically blows things out of proportion. Particularly since this hotel will be in direct competition with owner of the Newspaper Roy Carroll. The paper defends all of Roy Carroll's projects despite the fact that his tower project was less viable than the Westin so there is a bias slant in the arricle.

The whole process has been messy but I don't see any legal issues at this point that can stop it because the issue at hand wasn't signed in the contract. It comes down to he said she said. Also too much work has already been done on the project. Buildings have been leveled, utility work is being done which is clearly not a sign of the city trying to back out. The developers have also received a building permit. But this has been one of the messiest developments I've seen in recent memory and I do think the city is more at fault for all this craziness than Rocky Scarfone.
Except the city and Scarfone had a deal worked out and now the city if backing out. Just because some work preparing for construction has been done doesn't mean that everything is guaranteed. Heck, there are projects all around the country that sometimes get stopped halfway (or further) through construction for various reasons. Norfolk still has a giant hole in the ground from construction on a giant 400 foot tower a decade ago that started and then suddenly halted due to a legal fight with the federal government (among other issues).

The Westin was already being pushed to the brink on deadlines. Also, while I understand the RHINO's bias, there seemed to be quite a scathing commentary in the article against the city too.

At this point, if I were a betting man, I would bet against the Westin being built (I was probably already less than 50/50 on it before).

Old 07-13-2018, 12:37 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Except the city and Scarfone had a deal worked out and now the city if backing out. Just because some work preparing for construction has been done doesn't mean that everything is guaranteed. Heck, there are projects all around the country that sometimes get stopped halfway (or further) through construction for various reasons. Norfolk still has a giant hole in the ground from construction on a giant 400 foot tower a decade ago that started and then suddenly halted due to a legal fight with the federal government (among other issues).

The Westin was already being pushed to the brink on deadlines. Also, while I understand the RHINO's bias, there seemed to be quite a scathing commentary in the article against the city too.

At this point, if I were a betting man, I would bet against the Westin being built (I was probably already less than 50/50 on it before).
I still think the article is making a mountain out of a mole Hill. I seriously doubt the situation will get to the point of stopping the project. Again you have to look at what was in the contract the city and Scarfone signed and it had nothing to do with what Scarfone wants to build.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:37 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,388,775 times
Quote:
Westin not in trouble. Rhino Times typically blows things out of proportion. Particularly since this hotel will be in direct competition with owner of the Newspaper Roy Carroll. The paper defends all of Roy Carroll's projects despite the fact that his tower project was less viable than the Westin so there is a bias slant in the arricle.

The whole process has been messy but I don't see any legal issues at this point that can stop it because the issue at hand wasn't signed in the contract. It comes down to he said she said. Also too much work has already been done on the project. Buildings have been leveled, utility work is being done which is clearly not a sign of the city trying to back out. The developers have also received a building permit. But this has been one of the messiest developments I've seen in recent memory and I do think the city is more at fault for all this craziness than Rocky Scarfone.
Actually:

"The signed agreement between Scarfone and the City of Greensboro states, “N Club may construct an additional structure on the property described in Exhibit A to this Agreement (up to three stories in height) to provide additional ‘back of house’ staging and access for the operations of N Club or its tenant (the ‘Green Room/Dressing Room’). All plans must be properly permitted, and construction must comply with requirements of applicable law. The City shall help facilitate prompt review of applications for and shall facilitate the prompt approval of building permits for the Green Room/Dressing Room.â€"

Old 07-14-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Actually:

"The signed agreement between Scarfone and the City of Greensboro states, “N Club may construct an additional structure on the property described in Exhibit A to this Agreement (up to three stories in height) to provide additional ‘back of house’ staging and access for the operations of N Club or its tenant (the ‘Green Room/Dressing Room’). All plans must be properly permitted, and construction must comply with requirements of applicable law. The City shall help facilitate prompt review of applications for and shall facilitate the prompt approval of building permits for the Green Room/Dressing Room.”"

"The question for the court to decide, if it ever goes to court, is whose fault is that. at the time of the agreement, the city, which issues building permits, indicated that it was deeding Scarfone enough land for a three-story dressing room and now the city is stating that it did not.

Athough the agreement has been signed by both parties, some of the documentation regarding the easements and the green room have not"

Old 07-14-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
"The question for the court to decide, if it ever goes to court, is whose fault is that. at the time of the agreement, the city, which issues building permits, indicated that it was deeding Scarfone enough land for a three-story dressing room and now the city is stating that it did not.

Athough the agreement has been signed by both parties, some of the documentation regarding the easements and the green room have not"
LOL, so you admit the agreement WAS signed, in direct contradiction to your earlier statement. Good for you. The truth shall set you free!

Old 07-15-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
LOL, so you admit the agreement WAS signed, in direct contradiction to your earlier statement. Good for you. The truth shall set you free!
I didn't say the agreement wasn't signed... see you didn't read because you are too busy trying to contradict me lol. I highlighted that some of the documentation regarding the 3 story green room was NOT signed. I mistated a little but what was highlighted in my post was what I said. If documentation regarding the green room was not signed that could present a challenge for Rocky Scarfone.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I didn't say the agreement wasn't signed... see you didn't read because you are too busy trying to contradict me lol. I highlighted that some of the documentation regarding the 3 story green room was NOT signed. I mistated a little but what was highlighted in my post was what I said. If documentation regarding the green room was not signed that could present a challenge for Rocky Scarfone.
Thats some mighty fancy back pedaling you have going on there...

The fact is, there is a signed agreement giving Scarfone the right to build a 3 story green room.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Thats some mighty fancy back pedaling you have going on there...

The fact is, there is a signed agreement giving Scarfone the right to build a 3 story green room.
No back pedaling. You said I said they didn't sign a contract and that's not true. But there a parts about this 3 story green room that was not signed. Regardless this is not going to be some big issue that's going to stop the Westin from being built..

Old 07-15-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
No back pedaling. You said I said they didn't sign a contract and that's not true. But there a parts about this 3 story green room that was not signed. Regardless this is not going to be some big issue that's going to stop the Westin from being built..
Just stop. The parties signed an agreement in which the city gives Scarfone the right to build the green room.

That is a fact. You can play semantics all you want, but that changes nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point