Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,858,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelcat View Post
Thanks! Will have to check them out. The clams I crave are an even farther drive away -- Nova Scotia, Canada. :-)
Nuts....now my Fried Clam Craving is in full swing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Does anyone remember the mens/womens clothing chain that was at Haywood about 10 years ago? It was in the spot that has build-a-bear now on the upper level near Macys. It was an outdoorsy type store and kinda similar to American Eagle. They sold jeans,khakis and polos that type of stuff. The name escapes me. I remember the polos had a wharthog emblem if I am not mistaken. This is driving me nuts trying to remember the name.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Does anyone remember the mens/womens clothing chain that was at Haywood about 10 years ago? It was in the spot that has build-a-bear now on the upper level near Macys. It was an outdoorsy type store and kinda similar to American Eagle. They sold jeans,khakis and polos that type of stuff. The name escapes me. I remember the polos had a wharthog emblem if I am not mistaken. This is driving me nuts trying to remember the name.
Ahh, It was "Britches" Someone here just came up with it.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:58 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I haven't been by to confirm, but word is that Underwood Nursery off of Haywood Road has closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
They're still open: Upstate Nursery Seeks Head Cashier (http://greenville.craigslist.org/ret/2851252228.html - broken link)
So I went by there. It's definitely closed. For sale sign is up out front. It actually looks like it's been closed for years. Big tarp on the roof, sign fallen down, junk everywhere, etc...

Old 02-23-2012, 03:56 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
The jewelry store next to Krystal is finally closing. Anybody notice these closings lately have taken place on Woodruff Road for the most part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
So I went by there. It's definitely closed. For sale sign is up out front. It actually looks like it's been closed for years. Big tarp on the roof, sign fallen down, junk everywhere, etc...
I got Underwood and Upstate mixed up. That stinks they're closed. I used to go there all the time but haven't been in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Ahh, It was "Britches" Someone here just came up with it.
It's too bad the 'r' in "Britches" never fall off the sign when they were open.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
The jewelry store next to Krystal is finally closing. Anybody notice these closings lately have taken place on Woodruff Road for the most part?

It's too bad the 'r' in "Britches" never fall off the sign when they were open.
Macys was Richs when Britches was near them so it got confusing when you were telling someone which store you were going in

Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Only Kmart closing in SC according to new list that came out today is in Columbia: Closings Announced in February 2012 Nothing about the Wade Hampton Blvd location.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Only Kmart closing in SC according to new list that came out today is in Columbia: Closings Announced in February 2012 Nothing about the Wade Hampton Blvd location.
Interesting part of this is the link at the top of the list that Sears is selling 11 stores back to shopping mall operator General Growth Properties so they can expand some of their most successful malls. I wonder if Simon will do this. Would hate to see loss of jobs but Haywood sure could use an expansion and if Sears were out of the way they could expand their small shop space in an expanded wing and even include a new anchor (more jobs)

Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Sears Holdings closes a number of underperforming stores each fiscal quarter. The pendelum lowers itself another day.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 PM

I hope that Kmart stays on Wade Hampton as long as possible. They have already redeveloped the old Winn Dixie in that shopping center with a Cititrends and a Mighty Dollar. If thats the best they can do then Live on Kmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area