Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 07:36 AM

267 posts, read 330,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
From the looks of the Spinx website, the station is closed permanently. I'm thinking they closed it and never intended to rebuild it. I could be wrong though.
It was an old, outdated store that was hard to get in and out of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 01:02 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
It was an old, outdated store that was hard to get in and out of.
I guess from Woodruff Rd it was difficult but when I worked at Brookfield on Butler and lived along Butler that was my go to station for a long time. Easy access from Tanner which runs behind it then they built the larger Spinx/Arby's at Butler and 385 and the QT at Brookfield/385 later on.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:14 AM

128 posts, read 76,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Buttercream Bakehouse bakery downtown closing.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/popula...rtage/37235522

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
I don't entirely buy the "we don't have enough employees" story from a lot of these places. Especially, small and independently owned businesses. Seems like it's an excuse for other reasons. Like poor management of funds, not wanting to pay higher rent, getting tired of the business itself, etc. Very easy to blame the supposedly "lazy unemployed people" than yourself.
You called it.

Quote:
The decision came after what Daze describes as an extremely challenging year, and a moment in the family’s life when they wanted more time to spend together. Running Buttercream Bakehouse day in and day out, with its large weddings-based arm, took a lot of time, Daze said, and it also required extensive training.
Often, the Dazes would spend six to eight months training new employees in the intricacies and technique of custom wedding cakes only to see them leave after a year or two.
“It might take somebody six months to a year to get really trained well and then people move onto other things or try to do their own thing,†Daze said. “And, I understand that. But we wanted to streamline. The training process for cookies is not as long as a wedding cakes.â€

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...le/5818459001/

Old 09-28-2021, 01:50 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Well.. I will say that the QT on West Butler (by the new Cookout) is having some severe staffing issues.. And I wouldn't call them 'small'

twice in the past 2 weeks, the kitchen has been shutdown because of staffing.. The coolers are just barren.. I went in last week and they had Coke Zero in the coke cooler and that was it.

So.. There are legit staffing issues, and from what I understand, QT actually pays halfway decently. Full time there is closing in on $50k a year I think.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:11 PM

1,290 posts, read 783,000 times
Not surprising but it looks like the Golden Chick has closed again.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:31 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well.. I will say that the QT on West Butler (by the new Cookout) is having some severe staffing issues.. And I wouldn't call them 'small'

twice in the past 2 weeks, the kitchen has been shutdown because of staffing.. The coolers are just barren.. I went in last week and they had Coke Zero in the coke cooler and that was it.

So.. There are legit staffing issues, and from what I understand, QT actually pays halfway decently. Full time there is closing in on $50k a year I think.
I think every place in the country is having staffing issues right now not just QT. Just look at Wade’s in Spartanburg.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
Not surprising but it looks like the Golden Chick has closed again.
I think the recently reopened Golden Chick in Greenwood closed again too. I saw them loading the equipment on moving trucks last week.

Old 09-28-2021, 05:23 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I think the recently reopened Golden Chick in Greenwood closed again too. I saw them loading the equipment on moving trucks last week.
Too many fast food chicken places in this area to compete with already.

Old 09-28-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
This is true however this is the Texas one I want. First SC location opening soon in Fort Mill.

https://www.superchix.com/#LOCATIONS

Old 09-28-2021, 08:09 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Again lack of a strong brand identity in this region, despite an otherwise good product. Regional player Bojangles remains popular, national player Popeyes entered the market, and KFC remains well established. Just a hard time for Golden Chick to gain a footing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area