Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 05:56 AM

308 posts, read 269,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
They really needed to do copy the edit they did for the airport/14 for Pelham Rd/385. Have people get off for both Pelham Rd and 385 early and the rise up over the on ramp for from Pelham Rd. Then that traffic would never cross mix. Have a lane where people getting on 85 from Pelham Rd could stay in if going to 385 and merge with the exit I mentioned.
I remember seeing some plan (somewhere on SCDOT) to make collector/distributor lanes for Pelham, Batesville (with new Batesville bridge), and Highway 14. This makes a lot of sense however it was for sometime well after 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
where is the graffiti? I haven't driven this awful interstate in more than 2 months (thank G@D)

as for the "widening" of I-85 for 2-3 miles - it's too short/not enough and I predict will make little difference in the bottleneck/egress of I-85S onto 385N (esp once school starts) - to me this project is 10+ years overdue - drive I-77 in York County and see an actual proper 10 lane interstate in SC
I see it mostly around the new Roper Mountain Bridge over I-85. It's probably kids from the apartments nearby. I'm guessing it will all get painted over anyways.

I-85 could have used tolled express lanes or a toll bypass that actually bypassed something. The thinking minds instead built a toll road that didn't bypass anything or provide any relief for I-85.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:47 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AginGreer View Post
I remember seeing some plan (somewhere on SCDOT) to make collector/distributor lanes for Pelham, Batesville (with new Batesville bridge), and Highway 14. This makes a lot of sense however it was for sometime well after 2020.
Don’t tease me like this lol. That reduce a lot of congestion on Pelham if people could get off at Batesville.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:05 AM

267 posts, read 330,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Don’t tease me like this lol. That reduce a lot of congestion on Pelham if people could get off at Batesville.
Batesville and South Batesville are bad enough at rush hour with the traffic it currently has. Adding more would be gridlock.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
Batesville and South Batesville are bad enough at rush hour with the traffic it currently has. Adding more would be gridlock.
It already is gridlock at times, but I think on/off ramps there would be beneficial. The problems on Batesville are separate from the interstate and have separate solutions. They involve county planners and engineers with more than half a brain to plan and design roads and intersections.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AginGreer View Post
It already is gridlock at times, but I think on/off ramps there would be beneficial. The problems on Batesville are separate from the interstate and have separate solutions. They involve county planners and engineers with more than half a brain to plan and design roads and intersections.
Batesville should be widened to 4 lanes and all intersections upgraded in tandem with a new exit.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:12 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Every road should be widened to 25 lanes.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Every road should be widened to 25 lanes.
No but main arteries that are used by thousands a day should be. In the east side there aren’t many through travel roads besides Wade Hampton and 85. Thousands of people live between Pelham, Wade Hampton and 14 with no foresight to plan the connector roads for them. Just a bunch of two lane roads, a lot without even a turning lane.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:34 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
I don’t know why people think traffic is bad around here. It’s really not...or maybe I have just been to Atlanta one too many times.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I don’t know why people think traffic is bad around here. It’s really not...or maybe I have just been to Atlanta one too many times.
Bad is non quantifiable and used for comparison’s sake. When people see basic changes that could improve the flow but SCDOT/city/county does nothing to improve, people get even more annoyed by the bad traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area