Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 05:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
They need to put another supermarket in that old Bloom/Food Lion location on Hwy. 14. Perhaps a Publix or Ingles or something. And I thought that Village at Pelham was supposed to be sort of an upscale town center type of outdoor mall. And all they are getting is a Dollar General?
I will give Food Lion credit for locating a store in an area too good to be a food (and pharmacy) desert. (Yes, Five Forks and Pelham Road are two different markets from Pelham-Batesville.) Not too many people liked Food Lion and the location is difficult to access during busy shopping times.

A retail center was planned across from Village Hospital. It was to contain a 45,000 square foot grocery store and pharmacy. The completed pad remains. It is still a good location for a supermarket.

Ingle's would require a larger site for their 80,000 square foot stores and fuel centers. They having more stores in eastern Greenville County remain desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I here you. Not a fan of those pre-fab metal beige and brown boxes that Dollar General throws up. Uggly! How many of those things do we need. I noticed one going up on Poinsett Hwy too where that old Chinese restaurant used to be.
Dollar General had a store at University Square. It closed several years ago.

I would not mind seeing fewer brown and beige buildings going up in favor of aesthetically pleasing stores.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:16 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
They have put some Family Dollar and Dollar Tree stores in vacated Eckerd stores and they are much nicer than those Dollar General stores. And for some reason, Rite Aid has not done that well here since taking over from Eckerd.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
I finally went in the new Wendy's on Woodruff Rd. today and it is a very nice, modern design. And the food was good. (Double cheeseburger). Although I still prefer their original fries better. And so far no word yet on future plans for the former Burger King location.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
They have put some Family Dollar and Dollar Tree stores in vacated Eckerd stores and they are much nicer than those Dollar General stores. And for some reason, Rite Aid has not done that well here since taking over from Eckerd.
Family Dollar occupies the former Rite Aid on Poinsett Highway. Dollar Tree occupies the former Rite Aid on South Batesville Road. They are definitely good locations.

I will not disagree with Rite Aid's decline.

Quote:
I finally went in the new Wendy's on Woodruff Rd. today and it is a very nice, modern design. And the food was good. (Double cheeseburger). Although I still prefer their original fries better. And so far no word yet on future plans for the former Burger King location.
A Cook-Out would be a great replacement for Burger King.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:10 PM

27 posts, read 32,412 times
Grimaldi's Coal Brick Oven Pizzeria coming to Magnolia.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:52 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Taco Bell for Cherrydale Point and Bojangles for Mauldin.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:47 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Anyone know what (if anything specific) will utilize the space formerly occupied by Circuit City on Woods Crossing? The original façade was completely removed and interior framing and structural elements are visible from the street.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Anyone know what (if anything specific) will utilize the space formerly occupied by Circuit City on Woods Crossing? The original façade was completely removed and interior framing and structural elements are visible from the street.
Ollie's is what I have heard.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Taco Bell for Cherrydale Point and Bojangles for Mauldin.
Taco Bell is not the best place to go for fast food, but it does have a popular following. Where is it going specifically?

Old 03-10-2014, 04:00 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Ollie's is what I have heard.
The employees at Burkes in Easley told me that Burkes was opening a store in that former Circuit City on Woods Crossing Rd. Maybe they opted out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area