Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 10:12 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
But, the pastries are quite good.. I'll occasionally pick up a blueberry muffin or banana walnut bread with a coffee..
Yes, the "goodies" are very tasty. Unfortunately, I am trying to dial back on the sugar and include more protein when it comes to breakfast. (But now I'm craving a banana-nut muffin or similar, probably because I'm stuck on a conference call and waiting for it to end so I can go to lunch. Thank you very much, Labonte18.)

Old 04-28-2014, 03:57 PM

13 posts, read 28,022 times
Chic Fil A in Mauldin?

Noticed the sign today on my way home from work in front of Kmart. Only thing I could find was a PR from June of last year. Anyone?

Old 04-28-2014, 04:29 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm78 View Post
Chic Fil A in Mauldin?
From what I hear, it will be the largest Chick-fil-A in the Greenville Market, and that plans to start construction are still definite, and should be soon.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:35 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
From what I hear, it will be the largest Chick-fil-A in the Greenville Market, and that plans to start construction are still definite, and should be soon.

Largest? Mauldin's new claim to fame.
Maybe they are taking over Kmart.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm78 View Post
Chic Fil A in Mauldin?

Noticed the sign today on my way home from work in front of Kmart. Only thing I could find was a PR from June of last year. Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Largest? Mauldin's new claim to fame.
Maybe they are taking over Kmart.
I think this Chick-fil-A will be similar to the one that opened on Asheville Highway in Spartanburg. One problem the new Chick-fil-A in Spartanburg has is the incomplete second drive through lane inherited from McDonald's. If you are going to have two drive through lanes, make sure you have the pay/pick up window station in addition to the menu station in the second lane.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:00 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I think this Chick-fil-A will be similar to the one that opened on Asheville Highway in Spartanburg. One problem the new Chick-fil-A in Spartanburg has is the incomplete second drive through lane inherited from McDonald's. If you are going to have two drive through lanes, make sure you have the pay/pick up window station in addition to the menu station in the second lane.
Not really sure how they could implement something like that. How would they get the food and drink to the second lane?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Not really sure how they could implement something like that. How would they get the food and drink to the second lane?
Chick-fil-A uses a conveyor system.

Landmark Raleigh Chick-fil-A gears up for grand opening :: WRAL.com

Cameron Village in Raleigh, North Carolina is the first.

You have buckets and bags along the conveyor that moves horizontally when heading to and from the building and stays flay when moving vertically inside the building and in the exterior drive through lane.

This is landmark and it is done right.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:39 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
That video talked about two stories not two lanes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Chick-fil-A uses a conveyor system.

Landmark Raleigh Chick-fil-A gears up for grand opening :: WRAL.com

Cameron Village in Raleigh, North Carolina is the first.

You have buckets and bags along the conveyor that moves horizontally when heading to and from the building and stays flay when moving vertically inside the building and in the exterior drive through lane.

This is landmark and it is done right.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That video talked about two stories not two lanes.
Refer to the 00:46 mark and you will hear the mention of the two lane drive through.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:42 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Some of the Cookouts in the Charlotte area are designed with two pick up points for the two lanes. One lane picks up in the normal spot and the other lane drives around the corner of the building for pickup.

I personally dislike the McDonalds setup especially when I see a clerk pass my drink to the car in front of me then its passed back because the match of order to car has gotten out of sync based on the merge of the cars into one lane. I was told they take a photo of your car which helps them get the order straight but the mix up has happened several times to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area