Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Some of the Cookouts in the Charlotte area are designed with two pick up points for the two lanes. One lane picks up in the normal spot and the other lane drives around the corner of the building for pickup.

I personally dislike the McDonalds setup especially when I see a clerk pass my drink to the car in front of me then its passed back because the match of order to car has gotten out of sync based on the merge of the cars into one lane. I was told they take a photo of your car which helps them get the order straight but the mix up has happened several times to me.
Does anyone recall when McDonald's had three windows in one drive through lane? The menu had no speaker to order into. The first window was used for ordering. The second window was to pay. The third window was to pickup. This was not efficient and effective. McDonald's on Old Spartanburg Road, Greer; and in Travelers Rest tried the failed concept and converted to normalcy.

McDonald's may want to visit Chick-fil-A's successful concept.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:25 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Does anyone recall when McDonald's had three windows in one drive through lane? The menu had no speaker to order into. The first window was used for ordering. The second window was to pay. The third window was to pickup. This was not efficient and effective. McDonald's on Old Spartanburg Road, Greer; and in Travelers Rest tried the failed concept and converted to normalcy.

McDonald's may want to visit Chick-fil-A's successful concept.
Yes the one at Magnolia Park (or when it was Greenville Mall) was that way for a while.

Speaking of a Double Drive through- construction is in full swing at the Checkers that hardly opened next to Walmart at Taylors Square. Anyone know what is going there? Hope not another check casher or pay day lender.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:34 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
I don't know but I would hope its another checkers.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:45 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Chik Fil A Mauldin construction is beginning. Saw orange cones and some heavy equipment in front of Kmart today.

We also saw the "Opening Soon" sign last night and was looking for where. Today the cones showed up so I quit trying to look for it going into an already existing building. Surprised though that sign doesn't say coming soon. How soon can they build this building?

For the poster that is often banned from this site...I have eaten in CFA exactly twice in 11 years! Get your facts straight you loser! Mauldin needs a successful business like this and I support it's addition in our town, especially the tax revenue this location will bring in!

Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Yes I would like to see Checkers come back. They still have stores down in Georgia.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:27 PM

672 posts, read 1,417,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Chik Fil A Mauldin construction is beginning. Saw orange cones and some heavy equipment in front of Kmart today.

We also saw the "Opening Soon" sign last night and was looking for where. Today the cones showed up so I quit trying to look for it going into an already existing building. Surprised though that sign doesn't say coming soon. How soon can they build this building?

For the poster that is often banned from this site...I have eaten in CFA exactly twice in 11 years! Get your facts straight you loser! Mauldin needs a successful business like this and I support it's addition in our town, especially the tax revenue this location will bring in!
I saw some workers out measuring the space in the parking lot when I drove by. I'm excited!

Old 04-29-2014, 07:33 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
I saw some workers out measuring the space in the parking lot when I drove by. I'm excited!
Is this directly in front of Kmart or between Publix and Kmart? Seems like the parking directly in front of Kmart is kind of small with that garden center attached to the front of the store.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:34 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
I was driving and didn't get a good look but it was clear its finally started. Will be interesting to see how the entrance/exit is incorporated there.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes the one at Magnolia Park (or when it was Greenville Mall) was that way for a while.

Speaking of a Double Drive through- construction is in full swing at the Checkers that hardly opened next to Walmart at Taylors Square. Anyone know what is going there? Hope not another check casher or pay day lender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Yes I would like to see Checkers come back. They still have stores down in Georgia.
Wade Hampton Boulevard and Greenville County does not need more pay day/check cashing stores.

If you are going to build something, make sure you use it. Checkers wasted tons of money into a freestanding location that never opened. That is stupidity. I hope the site is being razed in preparation of something else to come like the long awaited Bojangle's.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,269 times
A Checkers or a Bojiangle's would great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area